1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Video emerges of Nick Collins incident

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Sep 28, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +48
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,330
    The fan probably took the mouth guard home and put it in a little shrine.

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Must be a bears fan imitating eagles fans.

4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
  5. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Collins was justified in his actions.. especially if the dude spit on him! Who does that? I would have liked to been there to toss the guy over the railing..throw him to the lions (so to speak).

If the"fan" did those things to any other person in stadium, do you think he'd walk out of there without a limp or black eye? doubtful.

6. INpackfan66

INpackfan66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have posted this comment several times in regard to this incident. I have been going to the Bears/Packers game in Chicago for years. I have been spit on, had beer poured on me as I exit the seating area, been used as a paper towel in the rest room, and been called things that would make a Sailor blush. I have seen property destroyed, (Cheese Hats torn into tiny Cheese Pieces). The worst was several years ago, a GB fan was standing and cheering a td when the guy in front of him threw a full cup of beer in his face, when he confronted him, he was rewarded with a beating by the guy and several of his friends. When Security arrived, they took the GB fan out, even after several people told them that he didn't do anything! No Bears fans had to go. The game Monday night was much better as the fans around us were very good fans. Everyone was cheering for their team and giving each other a good natured ribbing, as it should be. As a fan, you CANNOT retaliate for fear of escalating the situation to physical violence, and you are always outnumbered. When a guy spits on you, and his 3 drunk buddies with him ask you what you are going to do about it, the smart thing to do is walk away! Not surprised it happened to Nick, it happens to the fans too!!

7. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    A lot of stadiums have a service you can text if fans become douche bags. I would definitely be using the service if I got spit on or if a beer was thrown in my face.

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I think they all do now. I think the text goes to the NFL who then relays the message back to the stadium. I think it's the reason you have to include PACKERS in your message. And I think the number's the same in every stadium.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    If he called or provoked Collins then I see nothing wrong really.

Im Backing Collins here guys and gals :D

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    I dont care who the player is, its bush league to do **** like this.

Most guys wouldnt dare say something face to face.

11. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    If someone spit on, or threw a beer at me, we'd be throwing down.

12. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    We will just have to see how much jawing Bears fan will be doing after they come to our stadium.

Bottom line is you can not drop the N-bomb and expect to get NO reaction. Class-less Bears fan for you right there.