1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Very sad news for Tony Dungy...

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by musccy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What an awful thing to happen to such a great guy - anyone for that matter. Fortunately, he and his family will undoubtedly be given an enormous amount of support and prayers. How very sad.

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That is extremely sad indeed. I grew up going to Tony's rival high school in Jackson, MI (Tony's hometown). Tony was a senior when I was a freshman. He was a great football player but an even better basketball player. He is a wonderful person who is a very devout Christian. His faith will get him through this.

4. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    extra prayers for the Dungy family during this terribly sad time. :pray:

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not a Dungy fan but NOBODY should have to go through losing a child. The whole circle of life seems screwed up when that happens. I can't even begin to imagine what he and his wife are feeling. My prayers are with him and his family.

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    "Apparent suicide" according to the St Petersburg Times. That must be even more devastating to the parents.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I heard about it being suicide too, DePack. Just puts things into perspective, a 13-1 season and X-mas right around the corner have no meaning now. Thoughts and prayers go out to Dungy. He is a class act!

8. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Awful news for a classy guy. I've followed Dungy since he was with the Gophers in the 70s.
    My prayers for him and his family.

9. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    suicide?!? That's very tragic. Like others have said, Dungy is about as classy as they come and I certainly pray for him and his family!

10. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I, too, have always liked Tony Dungy. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. What a tragic and sad thing to happen just before Christmas. I, also, had heard it was suicide. God Bless the whole family.

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That is horrible. My thoughts with him and his family.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    All of this talk about not having an undefeated season but there are obviously things in life much bigger than a game. How do you come back and focus on something as trivial as football after this? My daughter is 16 and I would be devastated.

13. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    absolutely tragic. to think it could possibly be suicide would just be beyond horrible. as a parent, the responsibility you'd feel would be too much to handle. :cry:

14. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What a selfish thing this kid did. To put his family through this is un-imaginable pain is the act of coward.

I feel for his family and will pray for them, but I can show no sorrow for a person who chooses suicide.

RP

15. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Raider Pride, you can't/don/t know what is going on in a person's mind when they commit suicide. I have a friend whose son committed suicide when he was 13 years old. He was a very intelligent and talented young man--yet he took his own life. There were a lot of problems in his family at that time, and he couldn't handle them. Each of us has a different way to solve our problems, and some of us are a little stronger than others.