Very sad news for Tony Dungy...

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an awful thing to happen to such a great guy - anyone for that matter. Fortunately, he and his family will undoubtedly be given an enormous amount of support and prayers. How very sad.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is extremely sad indeed. I grew up going to Tony's rival high school in Jackson, MI (Tony's hometown). Tony was a senior when I was a freshman. He was a great football player but an even better basketball player. He is a wonderful person who is a very devout Christian. His faith will get him through this.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Dungy fan but NOBODY should have to go through losing a child. The whole circle of life seems screwed up when that happens. I can't even begin to imagine what he and his wife are feeling. My prayers are with him and his family.

Reaction score
Yeah I heard about it being suicide too, DePack. Just puts things into perspective, a 13-1 season and X-mas right around the corner have no meaning now. Thoughts and prayers go out to Dungy. He is a class act!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awful news for a classy guy. I've followed Dungy since he was with the Gophers in the 70s.
My prayers for him and his family.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
suicide?!? That's very tragic. Like others have said, Dungy is about as classy as they come and I certainly pray for him and his family!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, have always liked Tony Dungy. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. What a tragic and sad thing to happen just before Christmas. I, also, had heard it was suicide. God Bless the whole family.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this talk about not having an undefeated season but there are obviously things in life much bigger than a game. How do you come back and focus on something as trivial as football after this? My daughter is 16 and I would be devastated.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutely tragic. to think it could possibly be suicide would just be beyond horrible. as a parent, the responsibility you'd feel would be too much to handle. :cry:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride, you can't/don/t know what is going on in a person's mind when they commit suicide. I have a friend whose son committed suicide when he was 13 years old. He was a very intelligent and talented young man--yet he took his own life. There were a lot of problems in his family at that time, and he couldn't handle them. Each of us has a different way to solve our problems, and some of us are a little stronger than others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts