1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Very Interesting from another site.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JeffQuery, Nov 2, 2009.

1. JeffQuery

JeffQuery Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    November 1st, 2009
    Gut Reactions: Week 8

Aaron Nagler in Gut Reactions
    • How does McCarthy’s team come out, in THIS game, and lay a gigantic egg in the first half?
    • The stage looked too big for Rodgers
    • What the f**k was Dom Capers doing with all the 3 man pressure in the first half?
    • TJ Lang didn’t look as good as I thought he would – but he still looked good
    • The sack where Lang blocked down and let Jared Allen go will mystify me until I die
    • Favre and Longwell, two ex-Packers, played much better than their replacements
    • Johnny Jolly should be cut – just to make a point – but he won’t be
    • Penalties sure mattered tonight
    • The Thompson/McCarthy Watch has begun
    Very astute.

Especially the comment that the stage looked "too big" for Rodgers. I thought that myself as I watched the game.

Thoughts? Comments?

2. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +33
    I agree ... - the close ups on Rodgers seemed to show a young player who was very uncomfortable about the situation in general ...

Can't really blame him ... - I stated earlier before the game, that Rodgers actually had more pressure on him than Favre, going into this game ...

Rodgers is just a talented young quarterback, who is caught between a rock and a hard spot (so to speak) ...

3. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Yeah the pressure definitley hit Rodgers in the beginning I'm sure, and it took him a while to settle down. But what the hell is this about Jolly needing to be cut? WHAT?! the man had a outstanding intercepetion, usually creates decent pass rush, AND CAUGHT UP TO PETERSON ON A PLAY to make a tackle!

GRANT needs to be cut, not Jolly.

4. hummyjohnson

hummyjohnson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please tell me you are NOT suggesting Rolly-polly-Jolly is as fast as Purple Jesus? Obviously Peterson was not at even half speed when the tackle was made. Back to reality please.

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Ok, I am not suggesting Jolly is as fast as a half-man-half-machine. I was suggesting that he continued playing once the ball moved past the line, and ended up making a tackle. Wow, it's almost as if i said "he caught up to Peterson and made a tackle". Oh wait, I did.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Lang I think held up better then what Cliffy did the 1st time..

Rodgers I think believes he can't be sacked and is shocked when he is

Didnt Mm say a few weeks ago that he is going to have to start sitting players for stupid mistakes?

7. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I find this hard to believe after all these sacks this season, I'd like to believe after the first few he'd start to realize he can be sacked.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Yeah I know...

but it is just damn frustrating that he is getting sacked when he shouldn't be

9. hummyjohnson

hummyjohnson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think when your O-line gets squared around, Rodgers is going to be very good. I take exception with some of the threads here already proclaiming him "great". He might be great someday, but right now, he doesn't have a chance.

How's that for balanced commentary?

10. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Very good! thanks for your input Hummy.

11. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

Yes he did and his excuse is that he did not see it, yet his assistant coach did. As a Packer fan I have always felt the team had good character and behavior like this would not be tolerated.

I can to a degree(but consequences should follow) understand getting lost in the emotions of the game. Johnny Jolly made no remorse after the game and even boasted,"Thats the way I play." Kind of like Randy Moss saying," I play when I want to play". That attitude has no place on a football team. I stress team not individual agendas.