Vandermouse crying "spilt milk"

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spilt milk is right - C'mon Mikey - Move on!

Posted Jan. 25, 2005
Mike Vandermause
Packers erred by passing on Reid
What could Ron Wolf have been thinking?

On Jan. 11, 1999, Wolf hired Ray Rhodes as head coach of the Green Bay Packers following the departure of Mike Holmgren to Seattle. On the same day, the Philadelphia Eagles hired Andy Reid as their head coach.

The choice of Rhodes over Reid was an incredible lapse in judgment for a general manager as astute as Wolf.

At the time, Wolf said of Rhodes:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In hindsight Reid would have been a great choice, but at the time Reid was hired by the Eagles a lot of people were giving the Eagles grief for hiring a position coach instead of an offensive coordinator. A lot of people back then were saying it's a mistake to have someone make that big of jump when there were more qualified O-Coordinators instead. It's easy to be an expert on the subject now after the fact, but the Eagles were laughed at by a lot of people in the media when they first hired Reid. I'd be interested to go back and read if Vandermause was as smart when the Eagles first hired Reid.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I thought for sure the eagles were gonna be the first 0 - 16 team when they took what i thought was a unproven qb coach as the leader lol

shows how much i know

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has a tendancy to make others look better than they really are.

Andy Reid was an unproven positions coach to say the least. Philly rolled the dice on him and got lucky. But it easily could have backfired.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20-20 it is so easy to go back and look at something. This looked like a dumb move by Philly and it turned out excellent for them and drafting Mandarich looked like a good idea for the Pack and then..............ahh never mind.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts