Use for Ahmad C.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
everytime reggie bush is on the field swap out poppinga in favor of carroll and have him shadow bush.

i cant take credit for this thought, i heard it on the radio and i have to agree with it.

poppinga couldn't cover a tight end, no way can he cover reggie bush lol

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
exactly... he is faster than bush im not saying he is better but there is no doubt he is faster

he gives us a better chance at containing bush on the field than we have with poppinga

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally! A use for Ahmad!! :lol:

I like this idea. I hope that's what they do on Sunday.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
exactly... he is faster than bush im not saying he is better but there is no doubt he is faster

he gives us a better chance at containing bush on the field than we have with poppinga

WTF are you talking about? Reggie Bush could run circles around that bum on crutches. Even if he was, he sucks, and Bush would get his audition tape ready for Dancing With The Stars. Let me finish by saying that in this case sir, you are a fool.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
Zero2Cool said:

WTF are you talking about? Reggie Bush could run circles around that bum on crutches. Even if he was, he sucks, and Bush would get his audition tape ready for Dancing With The Stars. Let me finish by saying that in this case sir, you are a fool.

My thoughts exactly, some of these folks are really reaching.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBpsyco said:
YERCELL said:
Zero2Cool said:

My thoughts exactly, some of these folks are really reaching.

He has a better chance than Poppinga does. :p

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
Zero2Cool said:

Really? I'm the fool?
Let's look at the speeds of each individual before we start NAME CALLING as if we were children.

Ahmad Carroll - 40-yard-dash in 4.34 seconds (also clocked at 4.26)
100-meter dash in 10.41 seconds
Source

Reggie Bush - 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash (also clocked at 4.33 at the pro day)
10.42 in the 100-meters
Source

In 100 meters their speed is pretty close. The 40 yard dash though that tenth of a second is a decently fair amount. If you don't believe me watch a game in slow motion. Frame it down to a tenth of a second. You'll see the difference I promise you.

I found a source that graded each on the same surface and searched to find the lowest time for Bush and his time is still not less than Ahmad.

I'm no fan of Carroll, but I'm also no fool either when I say he's fast.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, ok. So his 40 is faster, so he must be faster in a game on a football field. Sorry, you're right.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
Oh, ok. So his 40 is faster, so he must be faster in a game on a football field. Sorry, you're right.

See that's just it. On paper he is faster.

Let's recall Jerry Rice. He ran a 4.6 40 yard dash at the combine and he out ran lots of people.

Greg Jennings was said to be too slow but he's out ran some ppl.

So on paper AC is faster than RB. Doesn't mean it is on the field though, but I think (agreeing with the calling to the radio show) our best chance at containing Bush is using someone who's basically only talent is his speed. Poppinga can't do it. Love the intensity from the guy, but lets be real here lol.

But you really can't say Bush would run circles around Ahmad. I just don't see that. Could happen though.

On Any Given Sunday :)

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
YERCELL said:

See that's just it. On paper he is faster.

Let's recall Jerry Rice. He ran a 4.6 40 yard dash at the combine and he out ran lots of people.

Greg Jennings was said to be too slow but he's out ran some ppl.

So on paper AC is faster than RB. Doesn't mean it is on the field though, but I think (agreeing with the calling to the radio show) our best chance at containing Bush is using someone who's basically only talent is his speed. Poppinga can't do it. Love the intensity from the guy, but lets be real here lol.

But you really can't say Bush would run circles around Ahmad. I just don't see that. Could happen though.

On Any Given Sunday :)

I just hope he doesn't break Ahmad's ankles.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio as well Zero and I think it's a high risk/reward type of plan. Carroll I think can keep up with Bush but if Bush get's his hands on the ball can Carroll wrap up and make the tackle? I'm not sure if he can on a Reggie Bush. He definately has the speed to keep him in check though.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it matters either way, cause even if he could cover someone, I think it'll take more than a one-man effort to stop Bush. Not saying have 5 guys spying him, but I think you get what I mean.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we're fools for being Pack fans. At least I'm not at other Teams sites posting. I'd like to see Bush run circles around Ahmad, at least our other D players could stick him for a loss. What kind of idiot runs a circle pattern? I've heard of slants, posts, ins,outs,button hooks etc...but never a circle.
It's easy to be negative and disagree with everyone, try an original thought.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Heard this on the radio as well Zero and I think it's a high risk/reward type of plan. Carroll I think can keep up with Bush but if Bush get's his hands on the ball can Carroll wrap up and make the tackle? I'm not sure if he can on a Reggie Bush. He definately has the speed to keep him in check though.

Well I think AC would be the spy and they'd have someone cover deep.

I really think some people are giving Bush way too much credit. He has the tools to be a stud, but c'mon he has played one NFL game. He's a threat for sure. Not saying he isn't. But some are treating Bush like he's Michael Vick or something.

Bush will total less than 100 yards receiving and rushing combined. But he'll probably gain more than 100 jus on returns judging from how poor our return cover units are. haha

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking of another use for Carrol. If the Koren Robinson doesn't work out, we really should develope Carrol into a kick returner. If I'm not mistaken, Carrol's the fastest on the team. Let's develop his talents. he's still very young.

It seems like there's a lot of dislike on this forum for Carrol. The times I've seen him play, he's made mistakes, but keep in mind, he's still very young. He does have some talent and a lot of potential. A good coach could turn this kid into an All-Pro. I really think it's good coaching that he lacks.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A spy on Reggie Bush is a good idea, so if not Carroll, all you geniuses out there who have condemmed him as "sucking".

Who do you propose to put on Bush????

How about our 52 million dollar man who can't seem to cover anyone.
How about our 10 million dollar man who runs slower than most tight-ends.

Take a good look at who is left on the roster and you will probably have to agree that Carroll is the best option.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
I was thinking of another use for Carrol. If the Koren Robinson doesn't work out, we really should develope Carrol into a kick returner. If I'm not mistaken, Carrol's the fastest on the team. Let's develop his talents. he's still very young.

It seems like there's a lot of dislike on this forum for Carrol. The times I've seen him play, he's made mistakes, but keep in mind, he's still very young. He does have some talent and a lot of potential. A good coach could turn this kid into an All-Pro. I really think it's good coaching that he lacks.

He could still play defense and cover Bush, or whoever. Returning kicks doesn't mean you can't do anything else.

Members online

Latest posts