Updates on players being cut

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
H

HardRightEdge

He didn't make the team. Janis did, which was predicted in some quarters... by me, for instance. ;)
Proud of you. I had thumbs up for Janis and Myles White. I believe they'll try to PS White.

Silverstein is now reporting we'll be keeping Flynn and Tolzien as predicted in some quarters. Me, for instance. We'll see if it's official.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Where is the 53 man roster and all of the cuts posted ? Anyone got a link ?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Proud of you. I had thumbs up for Janis and Myles White. I believe they'll try to PS White.

Silverstein is now reporting we'll be keeping Flynn and Tolzien as predicted in some quarters. Me, for instance. We'll see if it's official.
Glad they're keeping both. They both deserve it. Tolzien for the hard work he has put in and Flynn for his experience. Wonder who will be #2.

H

HardRightEdge

Glad they're keeping both. They both deserve it. Tolzien for the hard work he has put in and Flynn for his experience. Wonder who will be #2.
I believe Flynn will be #2 for the simple reason he's proven he can win regular season games against first string players.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can not wrap my mind around Goodson making the team over Banjo or Rolle. TT has to have something cooking with another player from another team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Jones had a very good start to 2013, and then got injured. This same conversation came up early in the offseason. More people need to go back and watch the first couple games. The guy played well. As was aptly pointed out though, he needs to stay healthy.

IMO the greatest deficiency that I've seen out of TT is the propensity to draft injury-prone players and hang on too long (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

H

HardRightEdge

Have not seen a final list yet.

Stoneburner is reported cut at Pres Gazette.

The Press Gazette blog has several reporters saying the Packers will work out OL Adam Gettis cut by Redskins.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, Taylor has been a special teams ace for years now and he looked pretty decent in the passing game in his limited chances this preseason. Also, he blocks better than any of the other TEs while Stoneburner is a slot/pass catcher type. It makes perfect sense given what they have with Rodgers and Bostick that they'd want a guy like Taylor.

Now, keeping Quarless over Stoneburner....

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, this cut down got waaaaay less interesting with all of the injuries. Did Hubbard land on IR or is he just outright cut?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

So at this point there are no official announcements, but plenty of speculation. :eek:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So at this point there are no official announcements, but plenty of speculation. :eek:
Players like Hubbard tweeting good bye is pretty definite. Otherwise it is mostly inside reporters being fed unofficial reports and seeing who is still around the meeting / locker rooms.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Elliot stays.

I am sad that Banjo got cut. I thought he was good on Special Teams.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut: Banjo, Dorsey, Doughty, Fullington, Gerhart, Gillett, Gray, Hill, Hubbard, McCray, Miller, Perillo, Perkins, Robinson, Rolle, Vujnovich, M. White and R. White

IR: A. Adams, Palmer, Stoneburner, Thornton

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Goodson stays, and Banjo and Rolle are cut. Really surprising. I don't think Goodson did anything to deserve the roster spot. On the other hand, I think that Banjo is a great special teams player. I seriously thought that he would become the new Jarett Bush. Turns out that I was wrong!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Where is the OFFICIAL LIST ?
Post that LINK .
otherwise it is all speculation and gossip .

H

HardRightEdge

Here's the final 53:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...30/green-bay-packers-roster-cutdown/14835941/

QB (3) - Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien

RB (4) - Eddie Lacy, James Starks, DuJuan Harris, John Kuhn

WR (5) - Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jarrett Boykin, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis

TE (4) - Brandon Bostick, Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor

OL (8) - David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, JC Tretter, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Derek Sherrod, Corey Linsley, Lane Taylor

DL (5) - Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Josh Boyd, Letroy Guion, Mike Pennel

OLB (6) - Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal, Nick Perry, Andy Mulumba, Jayrone Elliott

ILB (5) - A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington, Carl Bradford

CB (6) - Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Davon House, Jarrett Bush, Demetri Goodson

S (4) - Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Sean Richardson

K/P/LS (3) - Mason Crosby, Tim Masthay, Brett Goode

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Goodson and Bradford did nothing to earn those jobs.

Well it obvious TT is going to give his draft picks every opportunity to develop. I can understand Bradford because it is hard to give up on a 4th round pick so early and he just got moved to ILB but Goodson was a 7th rounder and looked horrible at times.

I would of thought Goodson could of made it to practice squad easy. Rolle got robbed IMO.

Last edited:

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that all is said and done....I missed on these.

Flynn..tho I think there is a trade in the wind.
Bradford..will never see the game day roster.
Mulumba...I had Hubbard.
Goodson..who would have thought.

Let's see who comes back for the PS. I've only got 7 of 10 listed because a few of the ones I would list are going elsewhere I fear.

Members online

Latest posts