Updated 2011 NFL Mock Draft

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Combine, this is what I believe we may do in April assuming no surprise drops happen like Russell Okung, Bryan Bulaga or Dez Bryant. This is based on BPA in case you guys were wondering.

1. OG Danny Watkins 6'3" 310 lbs

Strong and nasty blocker. Will protect Aaron Rodgers and open holes for Starks/Grant better than Colledge. Most of the top rated OTs either secured their 1st round spots or moved up few spots thanks to good workouts.

2. WR Greg Little 6'3" 220 lbs

Talented, strong 27 reps on bench and nice 4.53 speed plus his size are good attributes. Our offense is much deadlier with a true #1 receiver that is if he meets expectations. Greg Jennings is great but at 5'11" he's not the "traditional #1" you'd look for when drafting a WR not that I'm saying he doesn't deserve to be paid #1 money with recent domination against opponents.

3. OT James Brewer 6'6" 323 lbs

Nice physical size for future RT. Will sit and learn behind Chad Clifton but acts as insurance policy in case surprise injuries occur.

4. CB Curtis Marsh 6'1" 197 lbs

Insurance pick in case Woodson is injured. He will sit and learn behind Woodson, Williams and Shields.

5. OLB Bruce Miller 6'1" 254 lbs

Competes with Brad Jones, Erik Walden and Frank Zombo for starting spot.

6. C Alex Linnenkohl 6'2" 304 lbs

Scott Wells has couple years left, why not develop a potential successor?

7. DE Lazarius Levington 6'4" 292 lbs

Has size to play DE in 3-4 system. Depth in case Johnny Jolly is cut, Cullen Jenkins is gone to FA or worse case both.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Watkins that canadian that's 26? I mean, I don't have a problem with age of OL, since most tend to play till they're 35 or so.

But if you contrast with Bulagam who's 20...

Do the math. Consider that Watkins will play till he's 35, which is no gimme. That's 9 productive years out of a 1st rounder. This, considering that he starts right away, which I doubt. Add the fact that he's nowhere near an elite talent...

I just can't see him going in the first round.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time seeing them taking a WR at #2. With Finley coming back and our core WR's all coming back probably (Jones maybe gone, I dunno). I would be surprised to see TT go for a receiver. However, he does take the best player on the board so it's possible.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with drafting a guard or WR with 1 and 2 picks, but we have to get more than one OLB if we are going to wait for later rounds. We cannot wait til round six to get a pass rusher and expect any huge upgrade week 1. maybe a 4th and sixth or 2nd and sixth to compete to start and build special teams.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with drafting a guard or WR with 1 and 2 picks, but we have to get more than one OLB if we are going to wait for later rounds. We cannot wait til round six to get a pass rusher and expect any huge upgrade week 1. maybe a 4th and sixth or 2nd and sixth to compete to start and build special teams.
We got Walden, Jones and Zombo, all young, promising guys competing for the position.

Even if we got Von Miller, he would still have to compete for the job.

Latest posts