Ugh apparently Carroll hasnt changed

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HERE IS ANOTHER REASON HE IS VALUABLE:

Packers | Harris skipping minicamp because of contract Published Sat May 20 12:58:00 a.m. CT 2006
(KFFL) Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is skipping the team's three-day minicamp because he would like the team to upgrade his contract, according to a team source.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But...hes a 1st round draft pick!

Those players are supposed to make an impact right away, 2nd year tops, but in his third(the breakout year) hes gonna be playing in nickel\dime!

I guess I should be more frustrated with Sherman, eh? Oh well. Hopefully Hawkins and Blackmon beat him out anyway

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
But...hes a 1st round draft pick!

Those players are supposed to make an impact right away, 2nd year tops, but in his third(the breakout year) hes gonna be playing in nickel\dime!

I guess I should be more frustrated with Sherman, eh? Oh well. Hopefully Hawkins and Blackmon beat him out anyway

Carroll was taken at the end of the first round as a 20 year old project with a huge upside in potential. Nobody predicted the Mike McKenzie melt down.

Woodson was a top of the draft pick and is a Pro Bowl Player and Harris is a talented Vet -- who played nickle and dime packages for years in Philly while he learned the game.

Did you read the post about Harris?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no i didnt, I was typing when you posted that about harris. not good. If you dont mind, could you please make that harris thing a NEW TOPIC? Because...thats kind of a big deal...seeing as with the javon situation...good find, bruce.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as bruce said, no big deal. this sort of thing happens all the time in sports. jeepers - even on my high school volleyball team things would get out of hand at practices. :roll: :wink:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ever happened to practice like you play or your play is how you practice.
These are non pad drills.

Okay, this is just an isolated mild incident.
The training camp "scuffle" last year was just a minor incident.
His arrest this off season on minor charges was "no big deal".
Tackling WR's on obviously overthrown passes only happen once in awhile like MNF.

Everybody deserves a new set of chances if they are a first round pick.

Now some think that Carroll is a wonderful player with a great attitude that contributes a high level of leadership and is the epitome of professionalism and moral character. As an articulate spokesman of the Packers, a great and wonderful CB like Carroll should be given every possible perk as a very deserving veteran that the rookies should emulate.

I disagree.

This guy with his inability to remain silent and inability to keep his hands off others will be a magnet for trouble in any society. His troubles will continue long after he leaves the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
BTW Frank Winters got in more fights in Camp than just about any Packer player in history -- but I guess you probably wanted him cut too.

Frank Winters was a Pro Bowl Center.

Ahmad Carrol is a 1st round bust thus far. If he doesn't improve this year I think he's as good as gone whether he got arrested or got in a fight or not. The guy who drafted him isn't there no more. He's on a short leash.

Reaction score
Actually, I cannot remember where I read it, but TT was impressed with Carroll, as TT believed Carroll showed a lot more maturity and improvement in the 2nd half of last season. Carroll has loads of talent, and while I am have dropped out of supporting him because to me, he is someone who does one stupid thing after another, I believe his immense talent and potential will allow him to stay on the roster for 2 more years, with TT and the coaches hoping that he matures enough to become the player he is capable of being.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
a little scuffle is ok guys ... dont over react geepers

carlos said:
Part of football...no big deal!!

4packgirl said:
as bruce said, no big deal. this sort of thing happens all the time in sports. jeepers - even on my high school volleyball team things would get out of hand at practices. :roll: :wink:

what these guys said.

this is another non-issue.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it is truly silly to overreact to this guys. I don't know how many organized sports some of you have been involved with but it's part of EVERY one.

Hell I coach at the Junior high school level and EVERY DAY people get in scuffles. It was the same way when I was in high school and college. They are not all out fist fights people just usually a heated exchange of words and some pushing. We let this activity go for the most part. Once a few punches are thrown however, we will break it up.

It shows passion and anytime you get a 70-80 grown men on a small field with the sole purpose of competition it is bound to happen.

Thisis no news

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Wow, it is truly silly to overreact to this guys. I don't know how many organized sports some of you have been involved with but it's part of EVERY one.

Hell I coach at the Junior high school level and EVERY DAY people get in scuffles. It was the same way when I was in high school and college. They are not all out fist fights people just usually a heated exchange of words and some pushing. We let this activity go for the most part. Once a few punches are thrown however, we will break it up.

It shows passion and anytime you get a 70-80 grown men on a small field with the sole purpose of competition it is bound to happen.

Thisis no news

Yup.

I'm more worried about Ahmad on the field during games that count than I am about scuffles during camp.

If he does this stuff during a game then I'll 'over react'.

Just about every practice has scuffles and coachs like it. They say it shows passion and intensity for competition.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah its no news. this is an isolated incident. this is the first time this kind of thing has happened. what is the big deal? It is not like this is becoming a trend or anything.

sigh....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah its no news. this is an isolated incident. this is the first time this kind of thing has happened. what is the big deal? It is not like this is becoming a trend or anything.

sigh....

sarcasm is angers ugly cousin that nobody likes :(

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

sigh....

sarcasm is angers ugly cousin that nobody likes :(

It has nothing to do with this incident. Carroll can pick off a dozen passes and be named All-Pro and it will be that 13th pick that he should have had that trom will mention. It's just a matter of hate.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you must have missed the posts where I say I'd love for him to improve(because that helps green bay). It has nothing to do with hate. It has everything to do with being a 1st rounder 2 years ago, and going into the third on the BENCH. THE BENCH! Nickel\Dime actioN! A first roundnickel\dimer in his THIRD YEAR!

And not its not just his on the field horridness, it is his fistfights with teammates(twice now) and being arrested(once so far).

But yeah, depack...I just hate him for no reason. right. :roll:

good job missing the point, and trying to start stuff. Im done with you. 1 down, 1 to go.

Members online

Latest posts