Tyni 4.5 Mock

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My board is crystalizing deeper and deeper into Day 2 and 3 for me personally. This draft doesn't fall quite the way I desired, but I'll explain as we progress.

ROUND 1 - PICK #29 - SAMUEL COSMI - OT - TEXAS - (RAS: 9.99)
Cosmi started 34 of 35 games played under his belt at Texas, with 14 being at right tackle and 21 at left tackle. At 6'7" and 310 lbs I don't foresee a switch inside, but that isn't why you draft Cosmi. Cosmi is a right tackle for sure in the NFL, with the option to explore left tackle if needed. Extremely athletic, strong and quick/skilled feet. My only personal issue is his length doesn't flirt with 34 like you'd like a Tackle's to at the next level. 33 inches is that hard cut off for me personally...and he is right at it. His technique and athleticism doesn't make me ignore that concern but sitting at #29 and Stokes/Newsome both gone...I elected Cosmi over Barmore and Samuel - of which both would have been solid and defendable picks as well.

ROUND 2 - PICK #62 - NICO COLLINS - WR - MICHIGAN - (RAS: 9.56)
Collins is not that slot option we all "want" or believe we "need", BUT what Nico is - is a surefire #2 WR that would make contract decisions after 2021 much easier to let a guy like Lazard walk or if Funchess proves his tank ain't empty walk as well. He's 6'4'' and 215lbs that can jump (37.5 vert), run (4.45 forty) and accelerate (1.55 10-Split) with the best of them and if not the best at his size. If he hadn't been force to suffer through the QB play at Michigan we would be looking at a stat machine and still is no slouch. Crisp routes, high points the ball and showcases various ways to win at matchups. WR is definitely NOT as big of a need as OL, DL or CB - but if Nico is still there at 62 it would be a big mistake to not grab him. The only notable guy(s) tough for me via my board to pick Nico over was Jackson Carman (already nabbed a OL so easier to pass) and DBs Elijah Molden, Jevon Holland and Ifeatu Melifonwu (all three very different offerings and player types that I'm high on).

ROUND 3 - PICK #92 - PAULSON ADEBO - CB - STANFORD - (RAS: 9.55)
Adebo, once a top3 nearly across the board prospect in 2020 draftee class that opted back - then covid season....now sits fighting for a Top 10 CB on most boards. He showcased at his pro-day much of why many of us (myself included) still believe he is one of the best of the bunch. Running a 4.45 (6'1" 190lb frame) he proved he has the speed, but mixed it with an excellent vertical (36.5) and a very impressive 3-covne of a blazing 6.69. Paulson doesn't need to be our #2 out of the gate now with King here, but folks I don't make this pick envisioning that being the case long and King could find himself clawing for playing time very quickly with Paulson having a LOT to say about it.

ROUND 4 - PICK #135 - SADARIUS HUTCHERSON - iOL - SOUTH CAROLINA - (RAS: 9.89)
Sadarius is a guy I am VERY high on, and personally feel could wind up competing and winning a spot on an NFL roster at ANY of the 5 offensive lineman positions. For us interior will be where his battle will be, offering us flexibility with Jenkins if needed - pushing Runyon hard (will only result in a better Runyon) and has the ability to if needed swing outside in a pinch - but with sub 33 inch arms don't plan on an outside role in anything more than a pinch. Once you get to this point there are tons of picks you always like but perhaps Caden Sterns (S) was my biggest hurdle to look past in picking Hutcherson here.

ROUND 4 - PICK #142 - TEDARRELL SLATON - iDL - FLORIDA - (RAS: 7.96)
Remember when we went out and grabbed snacks for a run stopper? Well this draft pick is the exact same concept - give Clark assistance/flexibility and provide the defense something we need. Slaton is 350+lbs, but has the athleticism his body shouldn't be capable of. While not an interior pass pressure type, he has the anchor to plug a spot, and push the pocket on passing allowing things to open up for those around him. Daelyn Hayes and Sterns were both still there and the biggest attention grabbers on my board.

ROUND 5 - PICK #173 - JAVIAN HAWKINS - RB - LOUISVILLE - (RAS: 7.02)
Elite acceleration (1.53 10-yard split), overall speed (4.46 forty) and hands capable of assisting in the passing game - Hawkins is that complimentary back that IMO is also drafted to handle the Ervin/Austin role of jet sweeps while making defenses also plan for when he motions in and out of the backfield fully capable and experienced at taking handoffs. Put up a lot of production the last two years - and arguably would have a complimentary role to Jones/Dillon for 2 years - plenty of time to learn and refine parts of his game that technique isn't overridden by his insane athleticism. Gadgety type guy though here, something many have wanted but always look to WR prospects for.

ROUND 5 - PICK #178 - ROBERT ROCHELL - CB (S) - CENTRAL ARKANSAS - (RAS: 9.65)
Robert is a dude some list at CB, others treat as a Safety - but that is precisely why he finds himself coming to Green Bay. I do not want Sullivan being our nickel option...and I love the idea of maybe Savage roaming free more. Rochell is very athletic, above average speed, no fear at point of attack and just a guy teams' loving having on the backend, in the slot or providing that dime play. For reference the dude ran a 4.41, jumped 43 inches on his vertical and SOLID shuttle/cone drills to boot. Ignore the school he is from, this dude physically and appears mentally to have the chops many just aren't given in life, could go end of Day 2 to some, but I think early/mid day 3 steal here.

ROUND 6 - PICK #214 - GARRET WALLOW - LB - TCU - (RAS: 8.13)
I've highlighted Wallow often, but one thing I've failed to bring up with numbers is his quickness. His shuttle of 4.12 and his 3-cone of 6.87 is ELITE level stuff for his position. Mix that with his above average overall speed (4.65 forty) - Wallow provides that slightly more athletic, coverage skilled LB to compliment what Martin and Barnes are building already.

ROUND 6 - PICK #220 - JOSHUA KAINDOH - EDGE - FLORIDA STATE - (RAS: 9.59)
Kaindoh is one of those guys that his measurables and profile makes a GM want to see what happens. A massively popular recruit coming out of high school, garnering offers from nearly every high profile college/university Kaindoh just seems to never quite push through the hurdle of meeting his expectations. A frame that to me could add weight and play more of a hybrid role of either OLB or outside but hand in the dirt type guy. Part of that though is nagging injuries over his career at FSU limited him to just 10 starts and less than 400 snaps a season....even though, his 6'7" frame is a defensive coordinator's dream in how it measures out - the real key is can he stay healthy and finally put forth the glimpses he did always illustrate at FSU when healthy. He is the definition of a boom or bust level player in the 6th...the boom side of the coin is immense and is why I just couldn't set on him personally.

ROUND 7 - PICK #256 - TONY POLJAN - TE - VIRGINIA - (RAS: 4.68)
To me he screams the future Y TE for us and there arguably is no better version of that to learn behind than Marcedes aka Big Dog. When asked his hands are solid, but his future is blocking and assisting in short routes with a shocker of a seam break every once and a while. With Tonyan's future iffy, Deguara coming off injury and Jace seemingly facing a due or die type year adding a TE makes a whole lot of sense here.

Multiple times I saw guys at the top of my board go just 3 or fewer picks before ours...Newsome and Stokes went before 26, Sterns & Stills right before 142, Tre McKitty before 178 surprisingly and Tarron Jackson off the board early before the Wallow pick (214).

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope CB doesn't turn into what WR did last year. They planned on getting a WR on day 3 because the position was so deep. Each round the guy(s) they liked went a few picks ahead. CB is pretty deep this year but they need to make sure the same thing does not happen.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope CB doesn't turn into what WR did last year. They planned on getting a WR on day 3 because the position was so deep. Each round the guy(s) they liked went a few picks ahead. CB is pretty deep this year but they need to make sure the same thing does not happen.

Agree more than you might think!

My mindset is if I cannot get Newsome or now maybe Stokes before end of Day 1, I'm waiting till 3rd round personally. I'll express my logic, NOT saying it is right but saying it is how I would go into the draft:

CB I break into three main top tiers but two very distinct shelfs at the top for me:

Tier 1 - Guys that if I draft I expect starting level play out the gate for the reason drafted:

Horn
Farley
Surtain
Stokes
Newsome
Molden (slot)
Robinson (slot)

Tier 2 - Guys that if I draft I place the odds quite high that I'm getting a starter in their rookie year in some capacity or at minimum their snap counts are increasing with each week:

Samuel
Joseph
Melinfonwu
Campbell
St-Juste
Mukuamu
T. Williams
Thomas

That second tier after the first tier is my list of guys if I pass a CB in the first I want to make dang CERTAIN I leave Day 2 with. If that means move up when the list starts getting cut in half than so be it. There are a few listed safeties you could throw in this list as well if not solely focusing on outside DB options.

Personally, from pick 1=20 onward I'm willing to MOVE up for Newsome...I just fear Gute signed King to NOT have to move in his mind for CB...he is all about best player available, but also is very willing to move.

Basically IF I don't nab one of those 5 outside Corners I listed Day 1, I'm defaulting to doing all I have to in order to insure I grab one of that next tier and FOR SURE also grabbing another one or two in mid to later rounds as well (as there are some good ones for sure).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
ROUND 2 - PICK #62 - NICO COLLINS - WR - MICHIGAN - (RAS: 9.56)

I really like Nico Collins too. Do you think he will go this quick? I was thinking 3rd or maybe even 4th round (early).

His upside could be huge and I think what will make or break him is his combine and interviews. Tricky year to evaluate guys like him who sat out the season. But like you said, had he played with a better QB and in 2020, this guy might be going top 20.

While he is the big body WR that Gute seems to love (7-foot-9 wingspan), not sure we need another and I might be happier with a slot guy and then let Funchess, Lazard and MVS battle it out for the other wideout spot.

Personally, I like Toney, R. Moore, E. Moore or Amari Rodgers for what the Packers need. The problem is, to get any of these guys it might take the Packers 1st pick or to try and trade up somewhere into the top 1/3 of the 2nd round. Rodgers could be there at 62.

But I promise you, if the Packers end up with any of those guys, I will finally shut up about the WR room. :D......for now.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While he is the big body WR that Gute seems to love (7-foot-9 wingspan), not sure we need another and I might be happier with a slot guy and then let Funchess, Lazard and MVS battle it out for the other wideout spot.
Minor correction before it grows wings... his wingspan is 78-1/2", which is 6', 6-1/2". Not bad but not a knuckle dragger.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Minor correction before it grows wings... his wingspan is 78-1/2", which is 6', 6-1/2". Not bad but not a knuckle dragger.

Thanks......I should have thought about that, but in my defense, I did get it from this article. :)

Nico Collins 2021 NFL Draft profile: Fantasy football outlook, scouting report, team fits, NFL comparison - CBSSports.com

Strengths
  • Massive frame and he uses it well to box out defenders in contested-catch situations.
  • One of the longest athletes at WR -- a 7-foot-9 wingspan -- and it shows up in his game.
  • Untapped potential due to poor QB play and an inefficient passing game at Michigan.
  • Great in contested-catch situations on 50/50 balls.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Nico Collins too. Do you think he will go this quick? I was thinking 3rd or maybe even 4th round (early).

Me, yes. I have him as a 1st round grade personally, one of only six I say is. If he makes it to the 3rd it will not be by our pick for sure, and if so I'll go on record believing that is the most clear and obvious miss of all GMs this draft.

Personally, I like Toney, R. Moore, E. Moore or Amari Rodgers for what the Packers need. The problem is, to get any of these guys it might take the Packers 1st pick or to try and trade up somewhere into the top 1/3 of the 2nd round. Rodgers could be there at 62.

But I promise you, if the Packers end up with any of those guys, I will finally shut up about the WR room. :D......for now.

As you know I was fairly high on Toney originally, until I started watching his routes...NOPE - not unless in the 3rd am I taking him. Rondale Moore I'm not opposed to in the 2nd round pick we have but don't think he lasts there. Elijah to me is the real only actual guy that could make a team solely as a pure WR in the slot without any gadgety-ness or manufactured touches.

Of those 4 you list I strongly believe Amari is 100% the guy with the most well rounded projection and health wise what he can bring. He isn't a bean stalk that can fly, built like a running back that plays with WR speed - can offer a lot of what the others can't and make hits - none of those others can IMO. Offers even some packages out of the backfield.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To expound on this merely from my perspective a bit. I too would love to find a shifty YAC guy that works out of the slot in a way no one else does - BUT I also don't see it as pivotal as a WR that can and does serve more than just one isolated role. That is partially one of the frustration points with the slower growth of MVS being more than just a deep threat...Nico has the speed and change of pace types to IMO eventually be like Adams (not projected he is that good, never would) in that he can slide in or out and be deadly given his skillset and route tree. I think working with Adams in the same group will only make this more pronounced just getting to watch one of the best route technicians wearing cleats these days.

Javian Hawkins IMO in limited sub packages can serve in some sense the motion/slot type guy even while he learns more of the pure running back chops needed at this level (stronger and better in pass blocking).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To expound on this merely from my perspective a bit. I too would love to find a shifty YAC guy that works out of the slot in a way no one else does

While YAC is important, the Packers were decent and finished 6th in that category last year. However, a lot of YAC came from Adams and Aaron Jones. I think one of the key components that the MLF offense lacks is the middle of the field receiver that can make the catch and then take it further. They need a Randall Cobb like guy that gives more short and middle of the field options to Rodgers. As much as I belly ache about the WR's we currently have, I think a solid slot player makes MVS and or Lazard just that much of a better option, as well as lifting Adams game to a higher level, if that is possible.

I get why some slot guys are labeled "gadget players" and I don't think that is what the Packers need. If they want a gadget player, find a return guy in the later rounds and use him occasionally for gadget plays.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
45 mocks already? I honestly thought you’d be on 50 by now. You’re slacking!

LOL not 45, the 4.5 is merely the date. I'd have to go back and count. I just post one a week if my board changes much, as I stated my mid round board is starting to shape up more to what I am predicting and has changed some.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL not 45, the 4.5 is merely the date. I'd have to go back and count. I just post one a week if my board changes much, as I stated my mid round board is starting to shape up more to what I am predicting and has changed some.

The joke

Your head

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree more than you might think!

My mindset is if I cannot get Newsome or now maybe Stokes before end of Day 1, I'm waiting till 3rd round personally. I'll express my logic, NOT saying it is right but saying it is how I would go into the draft:

CB I break into three main top tiers but two very distinct shelfs at the top for me:

Tier 1 - Guys that if I draft I expect starting level play out the gate for the reason drafted:

Horn
Farley
Surtain
Stokes
Newsome
Molden (slot)
Robinson (slot)

Tier 2 - Guys that if I draft I place the odds quite high that I'm getting a starter in their rookie year in some capacity or at minimum their snap counts are increasing with each week:

Samuel
Joseph
Melinfonwu
Campbell
St-Juste
Mukuamu
T. Williams
Thomas

That second tier after the first tier is my list of guys if I pass a CB in the first I want to make dang CERTAIN I leave Day 2 with. If that means move up when the list starts getting cut in half than so be it. There are a few listed safeties you could throw in this list as well if not solely focusing on outside DB options.

Personally, from pick 1=20 onward I'm willing to MOVE up for Newsome...I just fear Gute signed King to NOT have to move in his mind for CB...he is all about best player available, but also is very willing to move.

Basically IF I don't nab one of those 5 outside Corners I listed Day 1, I'm defaulting to doing all I have to in order to insure I grab one of that next tier and FOR SURE also grabbing another one or two in mid to later rounds as well (as there are some good ones for sure).

Have you watched any of Keith Taylor Jr, Ambry Thomas, or Tre Brown yet?
They are all CB's I noticed you didn't have listed that I am really high and would probably have in the second tier.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you watched any of Keith Taylor Jr, Ambry Thomas, or Tre Brown yet?
They are all CB's I noticed you didn't have listed that I am really high and would probably have in the second tier.

I only highlighted my first two tiers. The only one of those 3 that I feel has the best chance at starting as a rookie a lot is Ambry.

All three of those I have as a 3rd round grade, Ambry for my opinion the only one that could push into end of Day 2

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know a lot of people hated the Kevin King signing, but I really think it puts so much less pressure on having to draft a CB that otherwise would have been thrust right into the starting position and relied upon to play good. Even first round CB's don't always live up to those expectations. This might give the Packers the chance to at least adjust the "need" to draft a CB somewhere in the 3rd round and/or later and give them the chance to find a potential starting OT and/or DL with those first 2 picks. All that said, I do see them leaving the draft with at least 2 CB's.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a lot of people hated the Kevin King signing, but I really think it puts so much less pressure on having to draft a CB that otherwise would have been thrust right into the starting position and relied upon to play good. Even first round CB's don't always live up to those expectations. This might give the Packers the chance to at least adjust the "need" to draft a CB somewhere in the 3rd round and/or later and give them the chance to find a potential starting OT and/or DL with those first 2 picks. All that said, I do see them leaving the draft with at least 2 CB's.

Honestly all the resignings of him and lesser Lancaster, Sully and Redmond - all lesson the desperation of each position honestly. Doesnt remove a guy off my board at a spot, but could influence

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly all the resignings of him and lesser Lancaster and Redmond - all lesson the desperation of each position honestly. Doesnt remove a guy off my board at a spot, but could influence

I get that, but before the King signing, they were short a legit starter at CB. I definitely think they are short a legit starter on the DL and potentially on the OL as well. I am really curious as to what they will do with Jenkins. Move him to Center permanently, put him at LT until Bahk comes back or keep him at LG??? No matter what, Jenkins will be the key piece in the OL and a moving one at that.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only highlighted my first two tiers.
All three of those I have as a 3rd round grade, Ambry for my opinion the only one that could push into end of Day 2

Day Two of the NFL draft includes both rounds 2 AND 3 I have them all graded as 3rd round players so when I read day 2 I classified them as that when you said day 2 did you mean 2nd round or am I misunderstanding something?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Day Two of the NFL draft includes both rounds 2 AND 3 I have them all graded as 3rd round players so when I read day 2 I classified them as that when you said day 2 did you mean 2nd round or am I misunderstanding something?

You're confusing my personal board tiers and rounds of the draft.

Example to further my point, Molden and Robinson are both in my Tier 1, BUT I don't have as Round 1 grades on either.

My first round grades are:

NOT in any specific order within positions, however * designate my favorites in each position. Not necessarily best, but favorite:

QB
Trevor Lawrence

OL
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater*
Christian Darrisaw
Alijah Vera-Tucker
Teven Jenkins
Liam Eichenberg
Landon ****erson

RB
Najee Harris

WR
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
DeVonta Smith
Rashad Bateman*
Nico Collins
Terrace Marshall

TE
Kyle Pitts

CB
Caleb Farley
Jaycee Horn
Patrick Surtain
Greg Newsome*
Eric Stokes
Asante Samuel - This is the one which after his pro-day I'd debate hard removing...measurables and RAS are not good IMO.

S
Trevon Moehrig

LB
Micah Parsons
Zaven Collins*
Jabril Cox
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

EDGE
Azeez Ojulari*
Kwity Paye
Jaelan Phillips
Jayson Oweh
Joseph Ossai

iDL
Christian Barmore

31 Total

Few just outside IMO:

Levi Onwuzurike
Travis Etienne
Elijah Moore
Aaron Robinson
Jalen Mayfield
Samuel Cosmi
Nick Bolton
Gregory Rousseau
Creed Humprey
Wyatt Davis

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Honestly all the resignings of him and lesser Lancaster, Sully and Redmond - all lesson the desperation of each position honestly.

The Packers re-signing Lancaster didn't change anything about them desperately needing to improve on the defensive line.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers re-signing Lancaster didn't change anything about them desperately needing to improve on the defensive line.

You are taking what I said vastly too far. Shoring up positions of depth at positions of need isn't erasing any thing draft wise, it merely helps avoid pinning you into corners of desperation.

D

Deleted member 6794

You are taking what I said vastly too far. Shoring up positions of depth at positions of need isn't erasing any thing draft wise, it merely helps avoid pinning you into corners of desperation.

I agree that's what happened with the Packers re-signing King. In my opinion Lancaster returning shouldn't alter any plans though.

Members online

Latest posts