1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Tramon Williams underrated?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by adambr2, Dec 2, 2013.

1. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    I went to see what Tramon Williams' salary is for next year on Rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4327/tramon-williams

I was stunned to see that Pro Football Focus currently grades him out as the NFL's 15th best corner. Either I need to stop paying attention to PFF, or I have not given Tramon nearly enough credit for his contributions this year.

It doesn't take away from the overall frustrations and questions about the defense, however, when you see players individually rated high like that.

2. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I can't seem to find the PFF article itself, but I'm guessing PFF doesn't take into account two things.

1. Tramon Williams has benefited from Sam Shields shutdown play across the field from him on #1's without requiring a lot of help they can then redirect to Tramon. Forget Calvin Johnson, he'll be the second best WR of all-time.

2. Penalties. I agree you haven't heard Williams name much when it comes to being burned in coverage, but we've heard it elsewhere. I believe he leads all CB's with penalties this year and he's got 5 on third down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    You think he is going to have a better Career than Jerry Rice? wow

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Ummm.....yeah....who the hell is doing those ratings? Stevie wonder and Ray charles? Because they must be blind if they can see the same eye test I have watched on Sundays.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    I usually like PFF stuff, but I just can't see this. In my rankings, Tramon is the 15th best corner on the Packers. He is one spot ahead of Raji and just behind LS Goode.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1