Trade CM3?

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I know, not a loyal GB fan. Wrong! Hear me out:

Today's athletes are like finely tuned sports cars. Take for example, a Ferrari. Gets you nice looks at the corners with babes and does well on the track but that's when it's not in the shop for repairs or tuneups. Let's face it, most modern day athletes use performance enhancing drugs. Anyone think this is not true? So take someone like Matthews, who plays great when he's able to but AWOL when he's dinged up. Does that make him any more valuable than a serviceable player that's in there for every game? Where was Ray Nitchke during the playoffs? Playing in the friggin game. Same for guys like Urlacher, Butkus, Lewis, etc. CM3 - he's got a broken thumb or a groin pull for Christ's sake.
Matthews hasn't gone 16 since 2009. Come on man! I don't need a Ferrari to get me to work and back. A nice Chevy with a 350 V-8 will do fine. I'll get to work 100% of the time. The guy with the Ferrari might get there faster than me on some occasions, but not when his car is in the shop. Time to trade for some guys who can play in all the games folks! When is the NFL going to wake up to the harm these performance enhancing drugs are doing to the game? When your body gets a boost, your brain tells your body to do things it just can't - it's past the limits of human performance in most cases.

I say, lets trade CM3 and get a few draft choices that can help us out - we can't do any worse than we did today without him (CM3).

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player has his price. If some lousy AFC team like the Browns were to offer a couple 1st rounders and a couple 2nd rounders, I'd probably do that. But his price would be fairly high. Just because your Ferrari breaks down frequently doesn't mean you sell it for $5000.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.) You're suggesting Clay Matthews has taken performance enhancing drugs? That's a big statement considering he's never failed a drug test.

2.) No one will want to trade for him given his contract

3.) Ferraris, trucks, what?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Today's athletes are like finely tuned sports cars. Take for example, a Ferrari. Gets you nice looks at the corners with babes and does well on the track but that's when it's not in the shop for repairs or tuneups. Let's face it, most modern day athletes use performance enhancing drugs. Anyone think this is not true? So take someone like Matthews, who plays great when he's able to but AWOL when he's dinged up. Does that make him any more valuable than a serviceable player that's in there for every game? Where was Ray Nitchke during the playoffs? Playing in the friggin game. Same for guys like Urlacher, Butkus, Lewis, etc. CM3 - he's got a broken thumb or a groin pull for Christ's sake.
Matthews hasn't gone 16 since 2009. Come on man! I don't need a Ferrari to get me to work and back. A nice Chevy with a 350 V-8 will do fine. I'll get to work 100% of the time. The guy with the Ferrari might get there faster than me on some occasions, but not when his car is in the shop. Time to trade for some guys who can play in all the games folks! When is the NFL going to wake up to the harm these performance enhancing drugs are doing to the game? When your body gets a boost, your brain tells your body to do things it just can't - it's past the limits of human performance in most cases.

I say, lets trade CM3 and get a few draft choices that can help us out - we can't do any worse than we did today without him (CM3).
Do you have a source for this insight or is this more "common knowledge?"
And take what kind of cap hit? Who else would want him at his salary if, as you say, he is injury prone?

OP
OP
tripleguy

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, so Lance never tested pos either. That must mean Clay is clean. I'm not saying he is because I don't have proof but then again, I'm just sayin. Get some team to trade a couple top draft choices for Golden Boy and get someone who can play 16 games + playoffs. Better than burning rubber to impress the chicks and then when you need your car to get to work, it's in the shop.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score

Ummmm, NO!:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::poop: BTW the guy had a "Bennets Fracture" He could have lost the use of his hand so save the crap:poop: about CMIII not being "tough"
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-bennetts-fracture-b99117915z1-227544211.html

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, so Lance never tested pos either. That must mean Clay is clean. I'm not saying he is because I don't have proof but then again, I'm just sayin. Get some team to trade a couple top draft choices for Golden Boy and get someone who can play 16 games + playoffs. Better than burning rubber to impress the chicks and then when you need your car to get to work, it's in the shop.

You seem to forget that Matthews' contract has lots of guaranteed money that would just become dead cap money and act like it's easy to find a replacement.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to trade in his off season workout for a new one. The hamstring needs to stop being an issue already. He is the defensive face of the franchise and a unique super talent so you can't trade him.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay is one of the few on our defense who has heart and acts like he actually wants to be out there. If we need to save any money, I say cut some of those on defense who stand around and watch guys run by them. Keep Clay at all costs.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes. I think he is very overrated. He is a very 1 dimensional player. That's why he's been pretty irrelevant as of late. He constantly gives up the edge on being over agressive trying to get a sack. Can't stay healthy. I think our defense has actually played much better when he's been on the bench this year

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay is only as dimensional as Capers makes him. He can cover, play the run....do it all. Capers sending him most every play makes him look more 1 dimensional that he really is.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they would get a huge return on a trade, then yeah trade him, but with his injury problems and not being able to play a full season, he isn't worth all that much. So he isn't going anywhere because teams won't be giving up a 1st rounder for him. When he is healthy he can be a force, but he has to be healthy and the D needs another player to make teams pay by double teaming him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Modern ferraris dont break down and can be used for daily drivers.

What would be get for CM3? Not that much to be honest, because you have to take on the contract. A 1st round pick? Sounds like a step back... you dont sell when the value is low either.

This is just some crazy reaction to the game.

OP
OP
tripleguy

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay is one of the few on our defense who has heart and acts like he actually wants to be out there. If we need to save any money, I say cut some of those on defense who stand around and watch guys run by them. Keep Clay at all costs.

When he's on the field, yes. My point is, since 2009 he hasn't played the whole season. Think back to other greats in their prime - Lewis, Urlacher, Nitchke. Did they play in all the games and playoff games? I don't expect him to play with a fractured thumb but if that wasn't the issue, what else would have kept him off the field? Seems highly susceptible to hamstring/groin injuries just like a lot of tightly wound athletes these days. Say what you will about Hawk - he plays every down, even without his helmet. Might not look as chiseled as CM3 but hey, he was there at the end. Is he as good when he's playing - no. Is he as good when CM3 is out - hell ya!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

If this team goes to a 4-3 and CM3 is a non factor MAYBE if the price is right.

What makes you so sure every player on any team takes PEDs?

I give this thread a :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: out of :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

OP
OP
tripleguy

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm upset with myself for taking time to argue against this. Not worth debating.

It's hard when the ones you love let you down, I'll admit. But put emotion aside for a minute. Lets say you're the best QB in the league and for the last 4 years, you've missed games. Then, when your team was in the playoffs, you were on IR as well. Time to at least think about ramifications, don't you think? I don't need to have the best QB in the league for some of the regular season and not the playoffs. Your picture Carl tells me all I need to know - you can't be objective. Call me out next year then when Clay plays all 16. Won't happen - book it.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Someone reliable like..... um, AJ Hawk?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he's on the field, yes. My point is, since 2009 he hasn't played the whole season. Think back to other greats in their prime - Lewis, Urlacher, Nitchke. Did they play in all the games and playoff games? I don't expect him to play with a fractured thumb but if that wasn't the issue, what else would have kept him off the field? Seems highly susceptible to hamstring/groin injuries just like a lot of tightly wound athletes these days. Say what you will about Hawk - he plays every down, even without his helmet. Might not look as chiseled as CM3 but hey, he was there at the end. Is he as good when he's playing - no. Is he as good when CM3 is out - hell ya!

Go to google images. Type in "Packers." Scroll down a little. The first good picture you find is what I am using. Not a joke. Literally, try it.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so we should trade rodgers too... stupid idiot missed what 7 games this year... stupid flashy all pro athletes ... who needs um... gimme dalton

:roflmao:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
so we should trade rodgers too... stupid idiot missed what 7 games this year... stupid flashy all pro athletes ... who needs um... gimme dalton

:roflmao:

I know right. Lets trade everyone and bring in No name Randys on this season for the 2014-15 Campaign,and see how well we do.

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My uncle tonight was going on how we need to trade Clay, get a 4-3 defense, and all that stupid crap. Knowing how I admire my uncle, I just sat there and agreed with him. But he doesn't really understand we have to restart everything on our defense and ultimately set us back even more with our defensive problems. I do agree we need to get a DC, I mean we were doing so good without Clay and some other players like during the Ravens game, but completely just gave up after Aaron went down. We have to much talent on D to just waste it because of our incompetent coordinator. Keep Clay, give up Dom.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Frustrated people seem to have a tendency to get desperate and overthink things. Hell, I was this close to sacrificing a pig this season to try to stay healthy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts