top 5 packers RBs

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett was a very good reciever out of the backfield for Favre... That should be taken into consideration more IMO.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played in the same backfield as John Brockington, during those same 'bleak years'. Should Brockington be excluded?
Let's see...
Brockington played for the Packers for seven seasons, led the Packers in rushing yards five straight seasons, went to the Probowl three straight years, was All Pro, and holds the record for first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons - back when 1,000 yards meant something.

When you get a chance let me know what MacArthur Lane ever did...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see...
Brockington played for the Packers for seven seasons, led the Packers in rushing yards five straight seasons, went to the Probowl three straight years, was All Pro, and holds the record for first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons - back when 1,000 yards meant something.

When you get a chance let me know what MacArthur Lane ever did...

You disqualified Lane on the basis that he played during the 'bleak years'.

Lane had three respectable, not great but respectable season in Green Bay. He had been "the man" in St. Louis but in Green Bay he was asked to primarily block for John Brockington. Still, he managed to get 821 yards and average 4.6 yards a carry in 1972. I'll give him an honorable mention.

Members online

Latest posts