Top 10 WRs of 2011

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Greg Jennings (I'm a homer, but I can make a very compelling case)
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne (would be higher if it was 2 years ago, but then again, so would Randy Moss and Owens)
Wes Welker
DeSean Jackson
Brandon Marshal
Dwayne Bowe

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I have with fitz is unless he gets a QB he isnt that good as far as production. I think he was 14th in yards per game last season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I have with fitz is unless he gets a QB he isnt that good as far as production. I think he was 14th in yards per game last season.
Very true, but we're talking about best WR period.
As far as total package, physical skills + hands + route running + ability to line up everywhere, he's the best IMHO.

BTW, you didn't post your list both in here and in the top 10 rb.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Fitzgerald is where megatron was for a few years.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Megatron
3. Fitzgerald
4. White
5. Jennings
6. Bowe
7. Marshall
8. Wayne
9. Austin
10. Welker

Some were very close and I could easily change my bottom 5 tomorrow as I feel like arguments could be made to move them around.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Fitzgerald is where megatron was for a few years.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Megatron
3. Fitzgerald
4. White
5. Jennings
6. Bowe
7. Marshall
8. Wayne
9. Austin
10. Welker

Some were very close and I could easily change my bottom 5 tomorrow as I feel like arguments could be made to move them around.
I feel like there are few guys that can do it all in the league. That have the height and speed while being fluid enough to play the slot or any route.

And there are some speedsters who aren't physically imposing to go in the middle to make catches, and some slot only guys.

I would normally put Rice and Vincent Jackson in there, but they don't have much production, just one year really (2 for Jackson). Though it's the same for Bowe, but his situation seems to be better resolved.

One guy that absolutely dominated and appeared in ESPN.COM's list is Brandon Lloyd. If you feel Cassel should be in the QB list, why not Lloyd?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like there are few guys that can do it all in the league. That have the height and speed while being fluid enough to play the slot or any route.

And there are some speedsters who aren't physically imposing to go in the middle to make catches, and some slot only guys.

I would normally put Rice and Vincent Jackson in there, but they don't have much production, just one year really (2 for Jackson). Though it's the same for Bowe, but his situation seems to be better resolved.

One guy that absolutely dominated and appeared in ESPN.COM's list is Brandon Lloyd. If you feel Cassel should be in the QB list, why not Lloyd?

I could see putting him on the list over welker. I wouldnt have a problem with it. But the reason I didnt in the first place is I worry they will try and bring in a rookie QB. Plus there is something I dont trust about his production. You know what your getting out of Welker, yet you see Lloyd and wonder why at age 29 he had his first great year. He was cut by the redskins and then caught 26 passes playing for the Bears. Just makes me uncertain.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Marshall suffers the way Larry Fitzgerald does, with the unknown QB situation in Miami, Marshall could drop way off the radar, I understand you say top ten WR, but skill set means nothing if he never sees the ball, surely that has to be based off production. Which is how I would rate WRs for 2011. My list is:

1. Roddy White
2. Andre Johnson
3. Greg Jennings
4. Wes Welker
5. Mike Williams
6. Calvin Johnson
7. Mike Wallace
8. Hakeem Knicks
9. Miles Austin
10. Reggie Wayne

Honorable mentions: Larry Fitz, Steve Johnson, DeSean Jackson

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
for 2011:
1. Andre Johnson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Roddy White
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Greg Jennings
7. Hakeem Knicks
8. Brandon Marshall
9. Wes Welker
10. Brandon Lloyd

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Roddy White
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Mike Wallace
8. Desean Jackson
9. Hakeem Nicks
10. Brandon Lloyd - Even if he's the leading in yards, dropped way too many passes

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.Calvin johnson i seen him play live i thought we was gonna lose but damn he made a great catch
2.Greg Jennings ive watched him play over the last 5 years most underrated wr in the leauge
3.Desean Jackson not just for wr but also for returns thanks for helpin us get to the postseason
4.Randy Moss dont sleep on moss
5.Larry Fitzgerald hes low based on his speed
6.Andre Johnson is a beast
7.Roddy White remember falcon fans sayin we was done
8.Wes Welker great poss wr
9.Mike Wallace turned pitt around
10.Terrel Owens he didnt do to bad last year he deserves 1 more year

Staff online

Latest posts