Top 10 Viking Chokes

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh really.....

vikes93animal said:
...and CC didnt always push off.
Yea, right....you musta had diapers on whenever that was true!
vikes93animal said:
All Receivers push off, some more than others. Some are very good at it; some are not. I've seen WR's literally throw db's to the ground and not get called for it, and not just cc either.
I would agree with that - these days the Db's can't even raise their hands towards a WR - instant flag - it's way off balance out there on the field nowadays. On ESPN Radio, Thursday nite, they had one DB from the Niners on there and he just started laughin' when they asked if he would want to play in the NFL now that this rule is in place(?) He just laughed...until they moved on to another question. Meaning, the answer was a resounding "NO"
vikes93animal said:
C'mon, who is the most famous push off artist? Well, besides Drew Pearson, & another Cowboy WR.. Irvin.
Michael Irvin was not a role model, ever.... And, I hate the fact that he's allowed to get on these Sports Talk Shows and hold sway --- He's the worst "image" kids should ever relate to... ever! He's, also, one of many reasons I don't watch all that much ESPN - Nowadays, I have to choose my shows very carefully. It sucks!

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well just a couple ticks of the clock now. a lil over 24 hours.
anbody have any last minute jabs, stats, or facts that they would like to share
i have a one
packers d last in nfl in td passes. giving up the most with i think 33. ouch.
viking turnover ratio +1
packers -14
here is another interesting stat on other side of ball
daunte is second on team rushing for attempts, yards, and td's.
the disturbing factoid is the one for attempts. 2nd in attempts???????

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i can leave you with is this...Vikings finish season 3-7, Packers finish 9-2.
Vikings 2-20 in last 22 outside games. For some reason these stats don't make it look too good for your Viqueens. :mrgreen:
GOOOO PACKERS

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it never looks good for my vikes
You said a mouth full there my friend.
At this time i would like to personally Thank You Vikes93animal for showing up and posting on this board. At times you have stired my blood but i wouldn't have changed a thing. The war of words has been a lot of fun for me and i looked forward to each post you layed down. Too bad your a queen fan because there is always room for a fan of football like yourself on the packer bandwagon.
You have asked and insinuated that i have posted on purple pride and to answer your question, no i have not. I have stopped by to look but never posted.
After the packer win this weekend i hope you still show up to stir the $*it pot once in a while! :mrgreen:

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad your a queen fan
whadda ya mean? ya gotta have somebody to hate as a fan. it will be my pleasure, lol.
thank you as well
the vikes were good in the seventies. iwas but a kid when the vikes went to those super bowls so i thought i was doing good. lol.
i am a loyal person so i not going anywhere.
and if the pack do win, i stated in a earlier i will be here to take lumps if there are any to pass. and i hope i can gloat a lil if the tables are turned. i wont get derogatory. but i will find some good points to needle ya on.
heres to a great game tmorrow!!!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we take you guys out, i wont be rubbing it in. losing in the playoffs is misery enough.

i remember last year i went into the garage and destroyed a vacuum. it actually helped a lot.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is quoted as saying the bi ****** have made 4 superbowl apperances and is 0-4 and tied with the Buffaloo Billz
. Personally I hope the ****** go to the superbowl so they become the ONLY team to go 0-5 in SB that would make my day the suspect weak "D" of the ****** can not hold a candle to even the weakest playoff team from the AFC this year
GO AFC

:mrgreen:

go ahead and flame me and say "at least we made it there. Truth is the ****** have a looooooong road ahead of them as far as even getting close to matching the Packers record

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may be weak on D but you have to go to win one!!! No B*lls no blue chips!!! And there may be an upset. Colts v. Jets - Jets an 18 point underdog, won. Chiefs v. Vikings - 14 point underdog Chiefs won. There have been many super bowls won by the underdog, so Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
There have been many super bowls won by the underdog, so Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might want to not lose focus on this weeks game, you saw what happened when the Pack did it last week!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most definitely, Ryan. I am not saying we are even going to the super bowl. I am responding to Packfanatic, when he said he hopes we lose the super bowl so we would be 0-5. I am not confident we will get by the eagles. I hope we do and I think we can if our D shows up again. We would stilbe on the road for the next game if we win this one. I am not sure any wild card team has ever made the super bowl traveling every game. That is very difficult and unfortunately for the Vikes there scenario to get to the super bowl!! Should be a great game this weekend. I hope everyone has a good weekend and root for the Vikes!
Peace!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
I am responding to Packfanatic

Gotcha tarkenton, I didn't notice his comment earlier. My bad. Should be a good, tough, but good game. Tough as a Packer fan to cheer for either team! That would be pretty amazing if the Vikes could get in the *gag* superbowl :puke:. Sorry I just threw up in my mouth a little. But even past my dislike (as a born Packer fan) it would be an amazing feat none-the-less!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, guys, I hope the Vikings "do" open a can o' whoopa$$ on the fl-eagles...

I can't stand that Team... ( I was a big Fran Tarkenton fan when I was a widdle kid)
Not sure if they could get past the Rams, tho'... Bulger and the Rams D would be a hard road to *** right now, they're hot.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikes lose the Eagles, the Eagles will lose the NFC Championship game anyway - their both out watching from their couch with the Pack :)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd really like to see Duante step up and get in McNabb's face and then go down south and b-slap Vick around a bit... the media gives so much hype to those two and skips over the NFC North almost altogether (except for some on Favre).. it's like they could care less if our Division fell of the map. Neither one of those guys are any better than what's coming towards them... just look at the stats and the facts, guys.... they speak for themselves!

Now, as for Brett? IF HE REALLY WANTS ANOTHER GO AT IT - then he'd better stop foolin' around in the off-season - start worryin' about fundamentals & head to Lambeau in early May - start working the WR's & TE's..... all summer long til Training Camp and on to Pre-season.... only practice will remove the empty headed mistakes... they'd then know by Training camp what's gonna make or break 'em.

It's a pipe dream, I know - but others in Green Bay have had the heart to do it - I may write that man a letter telling him these thoughts.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Up front, I've seen some peculiar "desperate" attempts for the Vikes (or is that YIKES) that have caused all sorts of people to just look up at the sky and go: WHY?

Not the least of which is the Vike fans contention that they've won an NFL Championship ... even if it is in name only.... LMAO. They've been hangin' their hat on this one for years ... even though the NFL/AFL merger was all but complete... LMAO!!

The world remembers that the Chiefs *****-slapped Minne in SB4, embarrassing the NFL again ... the Vikes were nothing but a second place pretender.

The Vikes are and will continue to be the NFC's Buffalo Bills .... or, are the Bills the AFC's Vikes?? Ah well... 6 of one - half dozen of the other. :p

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
weeds said:
The world remembers that the Chiefs (replaced word) female dog-slapped Minne in SB4 ...

I'm sorry... but "female dog-slapped" just doesn't convey the proper message in the true-context it was meant. :) I AM, afterall, talking about the Vikes. 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts