Top 10 Viking Chokes

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff Christl said:
Top 10 Vikings chokes ... so many choices

Ranking all the times that the Minnesota Vikings have choked away a football season is like counting stores in the Mall of America. There are so many, it

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
*****: :lol: i can see this starting a hole new stir my friend. I second loving this post. :lol: :mrgreen:

silly lil packer fans,
more packer tricks, chicanery, and debauchery. if that guy is a real columnist or whatever he might call himself a doctor to check for a high fever. first of all, WHERE WAS THE PACK IN ALL OF THIS VIKING MISERY?? a scant mentioning at best!
second the truth is before the grand stage of the super bowl it was not permanent then and the VIKINGS DID WIN A NFL CHAMPIONSHIP '70!
now, third 98 is not #1. sorry. the 4 super bowls were. then all div. champ games. there are just more purple tears for '98 because there are more purple fans and more media, etc.
AND I REPEAT WHERE WAS THE PACK IN ALL THIS VIKING MISERY? thruth is you guys were on the doorstep and lower for years and years, but didnt need to point that out for the older fans in here did i?
and 4th
the vikings are near the top or at the top in all time playoff appearances.post modern super bowl era. and before u smack me on the more futility to suffer thru, would rather had made the dance for even one week than to sit at home and wish they were there.
SKOL VIKINGS!!!
keep on telling them they "aint gonna do it"
they'll keep coming back for more

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
But it still comes down to 3-0 !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
lets see thats a good one. have to give props for those 3. 3-1 sounds a hell of a lot better than 0-4!!!! (if vikes had won 3)
the pack have a lot of great things to hang their hats on. from starr to favre, from the ice bowl to the three super wins. curly lambeau and vince lombardi. many more!
dont forget my vikes! bud grant, fran, purple people eaters, paul krause(what a great MAN he is), chris carter, joe kapp, on and on.
we are both lucky to know what we have in our own fanbase.
and sorry cant forget **** tingleoff.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We know about packer history, but in my eyes the only player the vikes had that sticks out in my mind is Alan Page. This is man was a class act on and off the field. To bad his honor wouldn't give Baby Moss, 10 to 20 for impersonating a football player! :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Carter??? All he does is catch touchdown passes (because he was the master of the pushoff, something he taught Moss well).

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
We know about packer history, but in my eyes the only player the vikes had that sticks out in my mind is Alan Page. This is man was a class act on and off the field. To bad his honor wouldn't give Baby Moss, 10 to 20 for impersonating a football player! :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

you are quite short-sighted and no mo props for you, packman!!!
how about the paul krause story comes on espn or nfl network you watch it. favre shaving his hair has nothing on #22. his wife has been disabled for years and the big bad football player has taken care of her for the whole time.
and if the only thing that you can needle with is moss i suggest you expand your horizons. thats not working, i know moss is still a kid.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
Chris Carter??? All he does is catch touchdown passes (because he was the master of the pushoff, something he taught Moss well).

well i would take CC over ANY WR that the pack have had. mcgee, sharpe, walker. all three of those dont add up to 1/2 of CC!!!!!

thanks for the props back, ya damn hyenas. you guys must be some of the hit and run boneheads that cruise purple pride.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if the only thing that you can needle with is moss i suggest you expand your horizons. thats not working, i know moss is still a kid.

THE HERSHEL WALKER TRADE-JIMMY JOHNSON STILL CAN'T STOP CHUCKLING EVERYTIME IT'S BROUGHT UP. THE QUEENS MISSING THEIR 1ST ROUND DRAFT SPOT TWO STRAIGHT YEARS IN A ROW!
:mrgreen:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
Well, I would take CC over ANY WR that the Pack have had... McGee, Sharpe, Walker - All three, of those, don't add up to 1/2 of CC!!!!!

Thanks for the props back, ya damn hyenas. You guys must be some of the hit and run boneheads that cruise purple pride.
Here we go with the names..... oh geez!

Up front, I've seen some peculiar "desperate" attempts for the Vikes (or is that YIKES) that have caused all sorts of people to just look up at the sky and go: WHY?

Herschel Walker comes to mind, right off - wassup with that one, eh? He lasted for how long?
And, what did they give to Dallas for that...? Same Team that's stepped on you guys how many times?

Max McGee will always be heralded as a great Packer Player, right along with Nitschke and the rest.. sorry to burst your bubble... not to mention, one of his greatest games came while he was hung over.... EVERYONE wonders what would have been had he not snuck out the night before... which even the great Fran Tarkenton was known for...partner! And, I like Tarkenton, always have....

Let's look at it this way - IF the Vikings were THAT good.. then they'd have the trophies to prove it!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, what did they give to Dallas for that...? Same Team that's stepped on you guys how many times?
Stepped on the Pack how many times as well, until they came to Lambeau on 11/23/97

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
until they came to Lambeau on 11/23/97

I was in Bosnia for that game we had to wait up until 3:00 in the morning to watch the game on German sattelite in the "game in an hour" format, you saw nothing but the plays. Well my good friend overthere, was and still is a die hard Boys fan. We put a wager on the game loser had to wear the other teams jersey and serve dinner in the mess hall to the winner. Boy did I have fun with that I had him running all over getting me different condiments, refills on drinks and a couple of deserts all in front of 300 other soldiers. It was even video taped by one of the other guys.

Later
Leopardmech

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will this be on between a couple of Packer Super Bowl wins? Thats the only way i might take time to watch it.
well well, mr packman xxxi. i knew that i would sniff you out sooner or later. only he would stoop that low. but thats cool. that doesnt bother me. lol for you

you should take two weeks off........ then quit!!!

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herschel Walker comes to mind, right off - wassup with that one, eh? He lasted for how long?
lol, got me on those. well for all futility involved in the vikings history i cant and wont change teams now. they will get it done soon enough.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Wait.... I'm laughin.....

bask in all your glory boss man. fahhhhhhhhhvrreee(achoo) is retiring sooner or later. sooner than later i might add. i have a crying towel that u can dye green because you know u will need it. boo hooo, the hilljack is gone. what are we going to do?(me, dance the jig and drink abottle of jack, lol.....the former rather than the latter will be what happens).

is this guy nall any good? i am afraid this kid has slipped by me. where did he go to school? journeyman backup or starting potential?

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well well, mr packman xxxi. i knew that i would sniff you out sooner or later
I don't personally know this packman xxi but i sure would like to meet him.
I think your giving credit where it's not due, if you check the posts i'm the one that spanked you with that first! :mrgreen:

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i would take CC over ANY WR that the pack have had. mcgee, sharpe, walker. all three of those dont add up to 1/2 of CC!!!!!

First of all, sorry about the hit and running. I'm self employed and don't have time to stay logged in to these forums all the time. Let me also say that while I respect players like Chris Carter and Moss for their talent, I don't care for their attitudes. Moss is proving this week that he is all about himself with his leaving the field early stunt and whether you admit it or not, Carter was able to somehow get away with pushing off the db's without getting flagged and he seems to have passed his methods on to his protege, Moss. I've been following the Packers since the late 60's and during the early years, the Vikes had our number, but you couldn't help but respect the way they played. Bud Grant was a very good coach and they had some tough, hard nose players, especially on defense (Page, Eller, Krause etc.). Plus, they played outside, like the Packers. I grew to hate them because they beat us all the time, but I respected them as a team because they did it the right way. While this years version of the Vikings has a lot of talent, I have a hard time equating them to Grants team back then. Mike Tice is no Bud Grant and the defense is a far cry from the Purple People Eater days. They play in a God awful arena which has as it's only advantage, speakers positioned behind the visitors bench that's used to pump in phoney crowd noise and their star player only plays when he wants to play. That being said, I still fear them this weekend. Moss might decide he wants to play and there is plenty of other talent on the offensive side of the ball to make it a miserable day for the Packers defense. All the indicators points to the Packers winning this game, but as they say, "on any given Sunday".

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
equating them to Grants team back then. Mike Tice is no Bud Grant
you can say that again. nither would i! not that i dont LIKE mike tice, but liking him and thinking he can get the job done.......??
yes, yes, hate the vikes. what any normal pack fan should do.
do you think that the speakers are even a factor anymore? everyone should be used to it by now. and i hate the hump too. i want an outdoor venue. i dont live in minny but still....
and CC didnt always push off. all receivers push off. some more than others. some are very good at it. some are not. i've seen wr's literally throw db's to the ground and not get called for it. and not just cc either. cmon, who is the most famous push off artist. well besides drew pearson. another cowboy wr. irvin.
and this team or any in recent memory could not equal the integrity or talent level across the board of the purple people eaters.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't personally know this packman xxi but i sure would like to meet him
think your giving credit where it's not due, if you check the posts i'm the one that spanked you with that first!
ok, well which one are you over on ppo? i know that style and its got to b packman. cmon dude, cough it up!!!! pm me with who you are over there.

and sorry, jsut didnt bite that time. i read it tho. the quote was right there so i grabbed it.lol, ya needle...

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
until they came to Lambeau on 11/23/97

I was in Bosnia for that game we had to wait up until 3:00 in the morning to watch the game on German sattelite in the "game in an hour" format, you saw nothing but the plays. Well my good friend overthere, was and still is a die hard Boys fan. We put a wager on the game loser had to wear the other teams jersey and serve dinner in the mess hall to the winner. Boy did I have fun with that I had him running all over getting me different condiments, refills on drinks and a couple of deserts all in front of 300 other soldiers. It was even video taped by one of the other guys.

Later
Leopardmech

that wouldnt have been so funny if the shoe was on the other foot. i bet that was fun. HEY SCUMBAG COWBLOW FAN get me some salt. HEY, get me some pepper. lol.
i bet he didnt make too many bets after that!!!

Members online

Latest posts