Tony Fisher signs

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Fisher says nobody knows what is going on in Green Bay...."

Especially TT....

(I guess his "plan" is to let all of the home grown talent on GB get away and to sign lesser players at a cheaper price off the discount rack/waiver wire....)

For what reason...I don't know...

I suspect it's so he can finally drive a stake through FAVRE and this team will become Teddy's Discount Rack Packers.....they will LOSE...but at least the team will be HIS...

(I'd like to see you "rationalize" this one Trom....)

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fisher proved last year that he is nothing more than a 3rd down back. You guys act as if every player TT doesn't sign is a Pro Bowler. Yawn. :sucks:

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Fisher proved last year that he is nothing more than a 3rd down back. You guys act as if every player TT doesn't sign is a Pro Bowler. Yawn. :sucks:

This was merely posted as Packer news that hadn't been previously posted.

If you are not interested in Packer news go back to sleep.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Fisher was an undrafted rookie free agent who made the team because he did anything and everything that was asked of him.

He made the team on raw talent then turned himself into a damn good 3rd down back, which by the way every team needs, I also remember him saving Brett's butt more than once by picking up a blitzer that had blown through our siv of an offensive line untouched.

Right now we have Green(hopefully healthy again), Gado(untested but looked like a diamond in the rough find) and Herron(reminds me of Fisher his rookie year). Davenport has not re-signed, Fisher will be missed, another 3 year vet who TT is letting go, I'm trying real hard to figure out the direction this team is going, I guess I will believe the old saying"There is a method to the madness"

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...66, you are regarding the words of a 3rd down back who was, for all practical purposes, let go, to validate your beliefs?

Don't know about you, but I have never met a person who has been fired/downsized that had anything good to say about their former organization.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
So...66, you are regarding the words of a 3rd down back who was, for all practical purposes, let go, to validate your beliefs?

Don't know about you, but I have never met a person who has been fired/downsized that had anything good to say about their former organization.

Fisher didn't bash Teddy, the organization or the fans.
He said he loved Green Bay and wanted to stay there.

He reitterated what alot of people around the NFL seem to be wondering about Green Bay.

I thought Fisher showed alot of class with his remarks unlike alot of other players who don't get what they want.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
digsthepack said:

Fisher didn't bash Teddy, the organization or the fans.
He said he loved Green Bay and wanted to stay there.

He reitterated what alot of people around the NFL seem to be wondering about Green Bay.

I thought Fisher showed alot of class with his remarks unlike alot of other players who don't get what they want.

Read the article....he is clearly bashing TT.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read it as bashing TT.....just kind of saying : I don't know what is going on there..........which i think MOST players don't really know whats going on behind the scenes.
Fish was a good 3rd down receiver, but i was never impressed with his running. Green, Gado, and Davenport i think have more up sides then Fisher. It comes down to......you only have 53 roster positions, and someone has to go.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one gets away from the all knowing TT..........

Fisher was hurt last year and still did ok.

TT should be on overhaulin!!!!!!!!!!! Scrap everything and start from scratch!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So KRD........"OK" is what you want the Packers to be? I want BETTER then OK. I think "all knowing TT" does too.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree gakk...people are getting their undies in a bunch over losing a 3rd down back. There are many capable FA backs and the draft is littered with prospects.

Again, some people just need to ***** about something...anything.....

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is Tony Fischer was not a big loss at all... I am glad he is gone. I am still worried that everytime Ahman touches the ball I think he may fumble. By the way, this is my first post. Hello all!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
All I know is Tony Fischer was not a big loss at all... I am glad he is gone. I am still worried that everytime Ahman touches the ball I think he may fumble. By the way, this is my first post. Hello all!

Yes! I second......welcome to the insanity!
Always room for one more "inmate!" :lol:

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been reading everyone's posts for a while. I think that we should all realize that We ARE ALL very great Packers fans. Bashing will occur, but one thing that we have got to remember is Ted Thompson knows what he is doing. There is a big draft coming up and he would be stupid to let everyone, including us, know what is going on. He built part of the Seahawks Super Bowl team last year and he may help us get in the big game. Everyone should also remember that the Packers were in every game last year except for one. Everyone should also remember that since we had such a bad record last year that our schedule will be very weak and it is SUPER weak. Favre will be back and the Packers will make the playoffs next year.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fisher was described by one Ron Wolf as an NFL Europe caliber player. Most people on this board were tripping over each other to come on here and agree. Now he's gone and a lot of you are just flabbergasted. I guess it's like they say, sports fans are the most hypocritical people on Earth. (note: I've heard that more than once on radio, tv, etc.. not talking about any team or even sport - just sports fans in general).

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Gaddo laying the ball on the ground. Per carries he had to lead the league.

I'm not saying Fisher was the second coming but he is a quality back that understood what to do and when to do it.

Gakk- the whole team sucked last year so does that statemnet mean everyone should be let go?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember well the uproar when Tiger Greene was let go!
Damn, he was one fine player.

How about the sad day when Torrance Marshall was cut....I cried for days!!

Bottom line is we are re-tooling the bottom of the roster with moves like this, the MOST replaceable players, and the area where the most improvement can be gained at the least cost.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Nick Collins didn't suck, Aaron Kampman didn't suck, Wells didn't suck lots of players didn't suck.

Fisher sucked immensely though.

OK So you hate Fisher and he sucks!

In my opinion Kampman is average at best! Ok let the KRD bashing start because I said a guy is average that everyone here thinks is a stud DE in the NFL.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was hurt and not in on a whole lot of running downs . What did we do on third and long all year.......give him the ball or chuck it.

I'm not saying he is all that but he is a guy you can gount on not to lose the game for you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts