To be 5-1 at this point...how can you not be hopeful?!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did, but so was the inability to score from inside the 5 given many chances
I do know that Mondio. While we did struggle, we had to not only beat the Eagles, but, also the officials in THAT game. I'm not afraid to say it, and I wouldn't trust anyone to tell me to my face that both calls did not affect the outcome of the game for the Packers. It is that simple.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Whatever. There you go again.

Let me get this straight. Two no-calls on blatant Pass Interference by PHI had ZERO effect upon the game? Tool.
Just because you're losing your argument doesn't mean you have to resort to name calling. The Packers had ample opportunity to win that game, just like the Lions had ample opportunity to win the game Monday.

Bad calls are a reality of the league. It is what it is. Can't change it. The best you can do is to make sure that you take advantage of every play so that a game doesn't have to "come down" to officiating.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not losing this argument. Are you saying they did not have a hand in that loss?

As for the name calling, you're right, and I was wrong in that. Too late to take it back. I've tried my best.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. Can't you 'edit'?

B. Don't see where anyone states that bad calls (those you mention, plus a plethora of others) didn't affect the game, have a hand in the loss, or whatever - just that they weren't what prevented the Pack from winning.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can edit, but what's the point? It's already been quoted... I can also own up to my mistake there, which I did. How could those two calls NOT have prevented the WIN? Let's take into account too that for no PI on the Davante play, he had a step on Maddox, and a perfectly thrown ball would have allowed him to take it in for a TD. As it stands, the ball was a bit behind Adams, allowing Maddox to recover, but, had he not interfered, it would have been a 1st down extending the drive. On the very next play, Adams went down injured with the turf toe.

Had they correctly called PI on both the Davante play with Maddox's hand in his face mask, and the MVS play that should have been a reception for a TD... we very likely would have won.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They did, but so was the inability to score from inside the 5 given many chances
While that was partly true, the rest of the story is we had 3 more opportunities that were eliminated by defensive interference that wasn’t called (should’ve been 4 after that play) Our last play was a scoring play as it very likely would’ve resulted in a TD and according to the NFL should’ve resulted in a review. It was a clear and conspicuous holding and both arms were pinned back LONG before the ball arrived. On replay it’s not even close.
We can’t use the “real time” argument anymore on reviews, because it’s reviewable at “non real time”. That’s a non scoring or non game altering argument.

I’m not normally one to complain, but this non call was egregious. It met both protocols of why booth reviews were implemented in the first place. It was a scoring play “inside the 1 yard line” and it “instantly affected the outcome”. If you’re not going to booth review on that play? If the booth reviewers are not going to have the ****** to say it was a bad initial call? They should revert back to no review, period. That would at least make the mistake acceptable to me. No different than the last 100 years.. we wouldn’t have a raised expectation for the league to get it close to correct.

All that said. I’m ok with moving on. I guess I have to be. What comes around goes around and now Detroit is it

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that was partly true, the rest of the story is we had 3 more opportunities that were eliminated by defensive interference that wasn’t called (should’ve been 4 after that play) Our last play was a scoring play as it very likely would’ve resulted in a TD and according to the NFL should’ve resulted in a review. It was a clear and conspicuous holding and both arms were pinned back LONG before the ball arrived. On replay it’s not even close.
We can’t use the “real time” argument anymore on reviews, because it’s reviewable at “non real time”. That’s a non scoring or non game altering argument.

I’m not normally one to complain, but this non call was egregious. It met both protocols of why booth reviews were implemented in the first place. It was a scoring play “inside the 1 yard line” and it “instantly affected the outcome”. If you’re not going to booth review on that play? If the booth reviewers are not going to have the ****** to say it was a bad initial call? They should revert back to no review, period. That would at least make the mistake acceptable to me. No different than the last 100 years.. we wouldn’t have a raised expectation for the league to get it close to correct.

All that said. I’m ok with moving on. I guess I have to be. What comes around goes around and now Detroit is it
Not to mention, it was also a "change of possession play," again, requiring a review, which for whatever reason did not occur.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. There you go again.

Let me get this straight. Two no-calls on blatant Pass Interference by PHI had ZERO effect upon the game? Tool.

Heres the thing. You picked an unbelievably bad time after the Lions game to complain about the refs keeping the Packers from being 6-0

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
By all rights, we should be 6-0... Officiating stole that PHI game from us. I normally don't go there, but, when it is that blatant...
Forget that. The Eagles clearly outplayed us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They deserved to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With Mahomes going down last night, the Packers chances of getting to 7-1 just increased quite a bit. Of course, lets get by the Raiders first! :tup:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By all rights, we should be 6-0... Officiating stole that PHI game from us. I normally don't go there, but, when it is that blatant...

If the officials got every call right we would likely still be 5-1. That's just looking at the Eagles and Lions games of course.

You gotta love all the complaining about the bad calls when it goes against us but when it in our favor there is a mad scramble looking for excuses why it wasn't a bad call and if that doesn't work its all "suck it up mistakes happen"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the officials got every call right we would likely still be 5-1. That's just looking at the Eagles and Lions games of course.

You gotta love all the complaining about the bad calls when it goes against us but when it in our favor there is a mad scramble looking for excuses why it wasn't a bad call and if that doesn't work its all "suck it up mistakes happen"
To be fair, I move past the ones that hurt us too :) I understand it sucking being on the other end, but it sucks and then you move on.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And had the officiating went a little different last night, maybe it's a loss. We can go back and forth all day about what could have happened, would have happened, should have happened. At the end of the day, we're 5-1. And that feels pretty damn good.

Those refs missed a penalty on that last hands to the face flag that Lions fans were crying about afterwards. On that play Lazard got held well past 5 yards.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. Our inability to stop the run that day killed us.
Plus the red zone performance. Plenty of blame to go around.

As for the Raiders, we need this win. This is one of those games we're "supposed" to win, so we can't afford to lose it.

Members online

Latest posts