Time to Trade Up

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry seems to be the consensus best pick at 28. I like his potential - still worried about whether he will make the conversion to 3-4 OLB (as explained more thoroughly here: http://wp.me/p29VCs-7Q). But, he's a position of need and will be an immediate starter.

With Rds. 2 and 3 tonight, it's time TT moves up into the middle of Rd. 2 (maybe trades the 3rd and 4th to move into Rd. 2 - while still keeping our original 2nd). There is plenty of talent. I'd love to see us grab a DE - someone like Still or Reyes. Frankly, though, I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed another 3-4 prospect if the right guy is available - like Curry, Branch, etc. What does PF nation think? Trade up or sit back and wait with our 12 overall selections?

Reaction score
I have a feeling that we will trade up. With 11 picks, we have the ammo. Ted is the God of picking up undrafted free agents. He can find another Sam Shields or Tramon Williams during camp!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Yeah I hope we trade up. There are a lot of great players still on the board. Worthy, Reyes, Wolf, Upshaw, Jenkins, Johnson, Mychael Kendricks, Brandon Taylor, Trumaine Johnson, Markelle Martin and LaMichael James. There are a lot of different directions we can go.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I defintely hope TT trades up in round 2. Hoping for Worthy, Still, Branch, Wolf, Curry, Upshaw or any combo of two.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed I would really like us to move up and snag a DE like Reyes or maybe even Janoris Jenkins! Well see!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indifferent. Really the only reason I want him to trade up is bc of the recognizable names still left.

I have wanted him to trade up in two other drafts in round two and sure enough he was right and I was wrong. I'll just keep trusting Ted when it involves the draft. Not so much when it involved resigning inside linebackers though ;)

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be nice to move some of the remaining 11 picks to get up earlier in this next round. And frankly it seems right up TT's alley. There is a lot of young talent left on the DL hopefully we can add another guy that can fight for a starting spot this summer.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Border- it seems the answer to your query is unanimous. There remain a number of "Round 1" talented prospects on the board, especially on the defensive side, but if Ted waits until the bottom of the round, they will likely be gone. If he wants one, he will have to move up- maybe not far-- into the low 20s might be high enough as long as one is not too picky on the specific position (DE vs. CB vs. LB vs. S).

Then again, if Ted decides to do nothing, it is probably the right thing to do and us anxious fanatics just need to hold the faith.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that there are a bunch of prospects left - especially at 5T, would say we should sit tight. Why not wait for one of them patiently rather than give up a later swing at the plate?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The fact that there are a bunch of prospects left - especially at 5T, would say we should sit tight. Why not wait for one of them patiently rather than give up a later swing at the plate?

True. I really like Jerel Worthy though. And chances are with all this talent still around in the second, it's probably going to go really fast. Who knows who will be left when we pick if we decide to stay put

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I really like Jerel Worthy though. And chances are with all this talent still around in the second, it's probably going to go really fast. Who knows who will be left when we pick if we decide to stay put
Reyes would be my pick - and actually I would support moving up to get him.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would it be a cool idea to feature a 4 OLB set on occasions similiar to how the NYG's have there four man DE front?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
After so many teams traded up in the first round you gotta be delighted with what we got sitting still. Yet I recognize there's alot of talent there and moving up in the 2nd isn't nearly as costly as moving in the 1st. If he waits and moves up in the 3rd it would be exciting too. You just gotta figure he will at some point. A 2nd third rounder would probably net a good shot at decent talent too.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fan of trading up in the second. I'd rather we get someone who has a good shot rather than a bunch of maybes in round 5 or later.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I just sent Jason La Canfora a tweet asking if the Packers would trade up or stay put and he sent this back to me

don't figure they move around much

Members online

Latest posts