Time for a play change

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been many posts on the forum looking for a excuse y we lost
And even in my state of lack of slep i could see the problem clearly (and i anit no john madden)
Therefor, i feel it Time for MM to Stop calling the plays and let the offensive co-ord call them it takes a big man to own up and say its my fault because if we keep going like that a BETTER team then the bears will give us a right good stuffing

Looking forward for replays
Mort

P.s
i warned every1 about Greg olsen

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Olson was pretty darn impressive. That's the first time I've seen him play.

Mike McCarthy did a great job calling plays up until the second half of last night's game. His brain just locked up, I guess. I expect him to be back on track next Sunday against the Redskins.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT!

one bad half of football... and we can the guy from play calling duties. first half hes a genius... second half we need to can him!?!?!

i dont think so.

greg olsen didnt impress me. he hurt us for sure...but nothing impressive. Donald Lee has made those exact same plays several times.... its the great tight ends that continually make the big play. Olsen has a ways to go before anyone starts claiming we should have drafted him

Come on guys.. one bad half of football doesnt make the team terrible. And one good half of football from a tight end doesnt make him a hall of famer. patience.

OP
OP
M

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Never said we should have drafted olsen (but hes looknig better then harrel atm) i just said that hes a lot like gates in that he can be used in the slot well and he showed that aginst us i hope ya right Greg or else it could be hard to recover from a 0-2 streak

Reaction score
Yeah Mortifini I respectfully beg to differ from your opinion.

McCarthy had one quarter of terrible play calling, but he's had more than one quarter of good/great playcalling.

McCarthy is a proven play caller, unlike our OC Philbin. I'd feel much more safer with our playcalling in McCarthy's hands.

I'll let McCarthy's playcalling blow for a few games in a row before I even consider thinking he needs to stop calling the plays.

As for Greg Olsen, the only thing that impressed me was his height. The 4-5 inches that Safties gave up to him hurt us big time.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad half breaks an 8-game winning streak and you want the HC benched? Get real.

We lost because of 4 turnovers. I don't recall seeing MM dropping the ball or throwing it at a white jersey.

Sheesh.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad half breaks an 8-game winning streak and you want the HC benched? Get real.

We lost because of 4 turnovers. I don't recall seeing MM dropping the ball or throwing it at a white jersey.

Sheesh.

this team got overconfident, simple as that, and played not to lose, simple as that

not a pessimistic comment but a fact...
this is a very young, raw, team, that hasn't had great success...so far i've had no explanation for the packers' successes, and we were on teh verge of blowing out the bears, i didn't know what to think...appearently the coaches didnt either...

this team got the kick in the *** it needed before we got even further overconfident...i'm glad this happened at 4-0 and not 8-0

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT!

one bad half of football... and we can the guy from play calling duties. first half hes a genius... second half we need to can him!?!?!

i dont think so.

greg olsen didnt impress me. he hurt us for sure...but nothing impressive. Donald Lee has made those exact same plays several times.... its the great tight ends that continually make the big play. Olsen has a ways to go before anyone starts claiming we should have drafted him

Come on guys.. one bad half of football doesnt make the team terrible. And one good half of football from a tight end doesnt make him a hall of famer. patience.

Of course you would say that. Typical of a person who cant give credit when it will show he made a mistake and doesnt really know what he's talking about.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I really see no reason that MM should quit his playcalling duties at this point. I think that notion is a tad hasty personally.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was utterly PATHETIC playcall. That being said, I must see more than that to call for his head regarding playcall.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has been calling good games this season and no I'm not just saying that because we were winning. Though it helps but McCarthy new who we were for those first four games. Last night he got away with that. He didn't call plays for this team. I think it'll be a good learning experience for him. One thing I've noticed from him as a coach is that he seems to learn fast.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
WHAT!

i dont think so.

Of course you would say that. Typical of a person who cant give credit when it will show he made a mistake and doesnt really know what he's talking about.

.....................................how did i make a mistake?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Olsen looks good. I would have had no problem drafting Olsen. He will be a solid TE in the NFL because of his versatility.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Olsen looks good. I would have had no problem drafting Olsen. He will be a solid TE in the NFL because of his versatility.

As I was typing my post before I was debating in my head... Harrell, Olsen... Harrell, Olsen.

I don't know enough about either to accurately say, BUT I will say this.
If we could have traded our 16th for say Baltimore's 29th or San Diego's 30th pick I'd have Greg Olsen plus the additional pick than Harrell.

I admit it is an ignorant statement because I don't know how either will fair, but I think a decent young TE plus another draft pick (I trust Ted's picks in the later rounds) would have me more excited than Justin Harrell.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a big Harrell fan at all. I'm not saying that because he has done nothing for us either. I hated the pick. I thought the guy was overrated and injury prone. I would rather have Olsen than Harrell, even at 16, but I will give Harrell a chance. They both have entire careers before they can be judged. IMO, Olsen will have a better career. Again this is JMO

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I am not a big Harrell fan at all. I'm not saying that because he has done nothing for us either. I hated the pick. I thought the guy was overrated and injury prone. I would rather have Olsen than Harrell, even at 16, but I will give Harrell a chance. They both have entire careers before they can be judged. IMO, Olsen will have a better career. Again this is JMO

YOU'RE F**KING IDIOT HOW DARE YOU... oh wait you kind of agreed with me.
:)

btw, the only reason I give Harrell a chance is because when we drafted Nick Collins, I said WTF. When we drafted Greg Jennings, I said WTF. I was wrong on both of them so I am going to give Harrell a little bit and then if he flops I'm going to bump some threads that show I said he was a terrible pick and say I TOLD YOU SO!!. ;)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Olson wasn't that good. He wasn't any more impressive than Donald Lee or Des Clark or any other average TE.

When reading this, I couldn't help take note of the comment in his signature...

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Er credit for what? Greg Olsen being 5 inches taller than our safties?

Look at the coverage that Bigby had on Olsen's TD catch. It was solid, and Olsen used his height to get the ball over Bigby.

Look at the coverage that Collins had on Olsen's other catch for a first down. The coverage (again) was solid, Collins was right there with him. Olsen used his natural height (Olsen didn't even jump) to grab the ball over Collins.

Greg didn't do anything special. He didn't shake and bake, display his "fast" 40 speed, or display the ability to make defenders miss in the open field. All he did was catch two balls that were decently thrown because of his great height. Props to Olsen for that.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess maybe he put something in his water at halftime maybe?

I mean his playcalling could not have been better in the first half and then just became an idiot?

How about that execution out there? I mean wasn't it awesome that we got a penalty on about every return and every drive putting them deep in a hole over and over?

The real deal is WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE MORE to HELP the Bears in the second half. You don't put yourself back on the 15 yard line repeatedly with a first or second and 20.

Houdini couldn't have gotten out of that crap.