1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Masthay... Punter of the Future?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dansz15, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    This is when you know the wait is too much and pre season is so close but so far away, posting a thread about a punter.

But I am really curious.

Just read packerreport.com and the day's notes. Other than a few fights and Crosby missing a bunch of field goals but making his mulligans, they talked about Masthay and his average was a little over 54 yards a punt with a 67 yard bomb. Bryant was 43.6 or something. I was just curious, but is this guy actually good enough to be the punter of the future? Looking at those numbers it does make one wonder, and honestly a 54 yard average is pretty decent even if it is camp. Pre season will tell alot.

Any opinions?

Just looking to start a conversation that isn't Favre, defense, or Harrell related. But personally I am excited to see him in the PS, it'd be nice to have stability and consistency on that end of the ST.

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Most definitely.

Crosby still missing the mid-rangers huh? No surprise there. McCarthy still has faith though.

3. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I thought I read something after day 1 of TC that Masthay had incredible distance, but Bryant had better hang time and that they are looking for the hang time over the distance. I could have misread though. Anyway hang time > distance when punting though.

4. PApackersfan

PApackersfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    yeah you want hang time unless your at your own 1yd line, then punt that bish 99yds lol. But Crosby is a good kicker, he was my fantasy kicker last yr and he gave me a bunch of pts, maybe cuz we could never get in the end zone so we always kicked and most our games came down to the last 2-4mins even secs. I have faith in crosby, pressure doesnt seem to bother him he just f*cks up kicks every now n then. reguardless who our punter is though in the future as long as they get the job done thats all that matters....right?!

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I got Mason on my fantasy team this year, He going to make me a lot of points :)

6. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I too read this, can't remember where though. I think I read though that the reporter corrected themself and said that the hangtimes were only marginally different, but I guess that bit of difference could mean a lot.

7. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Go Packers

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I thought all the punters yesterday looked very inconsistent.