1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tight End

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mike_donnelly, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what's happening with the Tight End position? I think it's very important to get this right, are we going to give Bubba a chance?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Bubba was out there today, but didn't have alot of chances. I think he will do well. The whole offense wasn't clicking today.
    But we WON, and an ugly win is still better then a pretty loss!

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I saw this game was that after Bubba dropped a pass (irrespective of whether it was a bad throw or a poor job on Bubba's part), Favre did not hesitate to go back to Bubba.

That spoke volumes, IMO. He played decent, which is loads better than he played last year. The important thing is for Bubba to build on this, as there were more positives than negatives in his performance today.

4. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bubba got right back in there and made a good catch across the middle, surrounded by 3 eagle defenders. He's going to make mistakes, but people need to be forgiving of them, I would be much more concerned about Favre's consistency right now. The pass Bubba dropped was not an easy catch to make, especially for a larger man to spread himself out to dive for it. He should have caught it, yes, but he made a good effort for it. Donald Lee was made a few nice catches as well.

[​IMG]

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The one Bubba dropped was a very difficult catch, especially for a tight end. As usual, Favre was not able to step into his throw. Bubba's one really bad play was on the interception. Once again, Favre was not able to step into his throw, he threw it short, and Bubba made a poor effort for the ball. Better to just grab the guy and prevent the interception, even if it's a ten-yard penalty.

But he did make a couple nice catches later on. He hung in there, as did the entire Packer team.

6. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    On the pick, to me, it was a good play by the defender moreso than a poor play by Bubba... the ball was short and the defender cut off Bubba from comming back to the ball.. correct Greg, to me, the only option would have been to commit the penalty.. which in the field position they were in would have moved them completely out of FG range... the defender caught a misplaced throw.. at least to me..

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The ball was poorly thrown because Favre pumped and then pressure came and he had to get rid of it right away. Notice he couldn't really fully deliever the ball with all his strength. If he could've, he would've overthrown him or put it in a place where Bubba could of made the play.

8. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    No Doubt Porky that Favre double clutched that throw.. but in no way is that Bubba's fault.. which was my point.. Bubba had little option other than PI..

9. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Bubba did a nice job of coming back right after dropping that one. Although I was very upset when he dropped the first one. But i was also upset with Driver for his two drops..And Jackson.

10. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I shouldnt forget to mention that I give Brandon Jackson a little more leeway for being a rookie than I do for Franks/Driver

11. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Drops drops drops, New year same story. At lease Ahman Green isnt here to fumble fumble fumble

12. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Lets see five posts and not much good to say about anything... welcome aboard..

13. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do have some positive things to say.

1. Packers are 1-0 tied for division
    2. Bears are 0-1 dead last in division
    3. I just got some KFC babyyy!!!!!

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Mmmmm that sounds good. [​IMG]

15. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know, I'll ask my Girlfriend... She has a good tight end... Oops!

16. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No pics = lies

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I was overly influenced by the announcer, Moose Johnston, who said it was a bad play. I watched it again last night, and yeah, I can't really blame Bubba too much for that one. Most players probably could not have prevented the interception.

18. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know any decent free agent TE's?

19. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How about we get the running game going and then worry about our TE's! Although I would like to see Bubba out there to help the running game get going!

20. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I notice Donald Lee is nicked up. If either of the TE get hurt he half to throw away a good portion of the playbook. I know Moll is the emergency TE, but he's pretty banged up.