Thurs' running game

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yikes, left a bit to be desired (2.8/carry?)! Yeah, it's only preseason, of course, but they've been ugly even for preseason so far. Is this just a matter of giving the OL more time to come together, a lack of talent at the guards, something rbs are doing?

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but the run game has been kind of ugly the last 2 games, and I'm just curious about what other ppl are thinking.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy,

I was at the game. The running game did look awful. The new linemen sometimes looked a bit awed.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a little discouraging, that's for sure. But I think we have to give them the benefit of the doubt for at least another week. After the next preseason game, the coaches are expected to pick the starting guards, and at that point I'm hoping things will start to come together. Timing is so important on those running plays that if everyone isn't in synch, it all breaks down. At this point the coaches are probably more interested in seeing which players can win their matchups.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Once the G's are set, I believe the running game will be a lot better. Too much uncertainity with the OL right now.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I,too, didn't think much of the running game. They will get better, though. Remember the glass is half full, not half empty. :) :)

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
w/ the fumbles, they said 6 on the radio last night, 3 were lost. Can't blame the conditions since SD had NONE.

On a positive note, I like W. Williams, and I know the Packers do too, but just not enough room on the roster for him.

OBi1...did you stay long enough to see "the streaker?"

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think once the line is picked, the running will come.

walt is a tough hard nosed guy. we need more guys willing to drop the shoulder and get that extra yd.

by the look on brett's face, the streaker got crushed. :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
w/ the fumbles, they said 6 on the radio last night, 3 were lost. Can't blame the conditions since SD had NONE.

On a positive note, I like W. Williams, and I know the Packers do too, but just not enough room on the roster for him.

OBi1...did you stay long enough to see "the streaker?"

I was in the bathroom and missed it. When I got back, they were talking about it.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Once the G's are set, I believe the running game will be a lot better. Too much uncertainity with the OL right now.

Totally agree, once the chosen starters have a couple of weeks to practice together it will make a big difference. Gotta love the hit Walt Williams put on the tackler,YES.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
SlickVision said:

Totally agree, once the chosen starters have a couple of weeks to practice together it will make a big difference. Gotta love the hit Walt Williams put on the tackler,YES.

I was stoked after that, well first i hoped bothy men got up then i was stoked, that was jus awesome. i was jus worried that it was head to head an i hate seeing injuries like that especially for a meaningless game.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Whittacker looked better than Klemm and Herrion. Run blocking needs guards to get through the initial block and into the next level of the defense. That did not happen from Klemm or Ruegamer.

Pass blocking was better and will be okay.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people talk about the guards and make good points, but don't forget that Flanagan is coming off surgery and is trying to knock off the rust too. Hopefully he picks up his game a notch or two by the time the season starts and gets back into the groove for him.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember in the past we had the same offensive line for years, The Packers were parading players in and out of the first pre season game. The Packers, as most posters have said, have not chosen their starting offensive guards as yet. After that it will take some timeto gain the cohesiveness a offensive line needs to operative effectively. And yes it will take Flanegan some time to get in the "swing of things" after having a year on IR. On plus side we have two offensive excellent tackles in Tauscher, Clifton and excellent veteran center in Flannegan. In time The Packer offensive line will do well this year!! Posters on this topic didn't mention "Bubba" Franks, (an excellent blocker) tight end is not in training camp because of contract dispute, when he gets back that will help the Packer's offensive line. The Packer will resign him before training camp ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts