Three compensatory picks... 4th, 5th and 6th...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, most sites predicted this, Draft Network nailed the 5th exactly and only missed the others by one draft spot each.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's a good year to have more selections for adding cheap talent to the roster.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a good year to have more selections for adding cheap talent to the roster.

I still wouldn't be shocked if Gute uses NEXT year picks given the known compensation coming back to really move in this draft or pump another pick or so. Could see a trade back + some moving back up in a round or two honestly. TONS of draft capital...not as much as some teams but very balanced depth of picks.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still wouldn't be shocked if Gute uses NEXT year picks given the known compensation coming back to really move in this draft or pump another pick or so. Could see a trade back + some moving back up in a round or two honestly. TONS of draft capital...not as much as some teams but very balanced depth of picks.

I wonder if he pairs a few picks and next years first to jump up and get an elite WR... Kinda like Atlanta getting Julio.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he pairs a few picks and next years first to jump up and get an elite WR... Kinda like Atlanta getting Julio.

IF he does this I think it is not in the 1st round but the second. I squarely think it will be Newsome or Samuel in the first...BUT he does appear to love Rondale Moore -

Say we get Newsome or Samuel - there are two WRs I am personally okay with him trading some serious capital for if they make it past the first round say...Rashad Bateman and Terrence Marshal. I would also say Nico Collins and Gute may include Moore in as well. The seahawks pick at 56 is a spot with their limited picks and perhaps us LOVING a guy dropping I'd swing for it, send a 2nd round from 2022 and a 5th and 6th this year or a 4th and 5th this year. I know I'd give up that for the right guy...shoot I do just that in my latest mock HERE

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF he does this I think it is not in the 1st round but the second. I squarely think it will be Newsome or Samuel in the first...BUT he does appear to love Rondale Moore -

Say we get Newsome or Samuel - there are two WRs I am personally okay with him trading some serious capital for if they make it past the first round say...Rashad Bateman and Terrence Marshal. I would also say Nico Collins and Gute may include Moore in as well. The seahawks pick at 56 is a spot with their limited picks and perhaps us LOVING a guy dropping I'd swing for it, send a 2nd round from 2022 and a 5th and 6th this year or a 4th and 5th this year. I know I'd give up that for the right guy...shoot I do just that in my latest mock HERE

If the packers left the draft with Samuel/Newsome and Moore I would be ecstatic. All are terrific fits for what we do.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the packers left the draft with Samuel/Newsome and Moore I would be ecstatic. All are terrific fits for what we do.

I don't see 2 of those three happening. None of them are there at 62, which means we've traded up arguably back into the top 40 IMO to nab the second one. There is a solid chance none of them are there at 33 even....Moore has the most likely scenario of hitting the 40s than the other two IMO.

If we want a WR of the future trading up into the 50s a guy like Nico Collins could be right there for the taking.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see 2 of those three happening. None of them are there at 62, which means we've traded up arguably back into the top 40 IMO to nab the second one. There is a solid chance none of them are there at 33 even....Moore has the most likely scenario of hitting the 40s than the other two IMO.

If we want a WR of the future trading up into the 50s a guy like Nico Collins could be right there for the taking.

I completely agree. If Moore hits the mid 40s I would definitely be interested in trading up to get him. I dont think the Packers need all 10 picks in this draft so I really would like to see them package picks and move up if guys start to slip. Gute has not had a problem doing that - even if Love wouldnt have been my first choice last year!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the / between Samuel & Newsome means either or. So he is hoping to get 1 of those 2 plus Moore.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Gutekunst would mortgage the future by trading a 1st round pick in 22 plus a few picks for a potential #1 WR when he already has one of the best in the league and an offense that has already maxed out efficiency. Sounds more like something Cincinnati would do.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I don't think we need to rule Rondale Moore out at the end of the 2nd.

He's coming off back to back severe hamstring injuries, and he's more of a gadget player right now with limited potential to be more than a slot player at the next level.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I hope not!

The Falcons wrecked the depth of their roster for years after they made that move.

All that draft capital that they gave up for Julio led to their demise in 2013-2015. 4, 6, and 8 wins respectively.

The wide receiver position is not even remotely close to being worth a move like that.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not!

The Falcons wrecked the depth of their roster for years after they made that move.

All that draft capital that they gave up for Julio led to their demise in 2013-2015. 4, 6, and 8 wins respectively.

The wide receiver position is not even remotely close to being worth a move like that.

Obviously this is hypothetical, and we're a historically conservative franchise. So it won't happen. BUT... This is a win-now team... Personally, I'd rather we sacrifice the future to bolster the roster for another run. I haven't looked at the talent available, is there a WR that is a can't miss prospect this year?

Also, did you know that AJ Green was drafted ahead of Julio? I didn't until recently. Crazy. He's a free agent I'd bring in for a look.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks Gute in all his moving (he does it always) he has never done so in massive swings really that tear the entire future down for a single player and I don't see that happening nor should any of us want it to happen. It has always been strategic small jumps forward with the option to slide back always there too.

Now I could see a "love type scenario" play out if a guy he has rated top 10 or 15 creeps past #20. Gute is 100% the type to start dangling out there our 29 plus say a this year 5th and a 2022 4th and diminishing it back with each pick so long as that player is there. Me, personally if I see Samuels or Newsome come off at 20 or later and not our pick yet, I'm calling the team up and not hanging up until I get a yes.

Personally CB is the position I'm willing to spend on to move up in the 1st round....second round I think Packers have the equity to move up and even keep our #62 given the plethora of picks we have this year and coming next. Seahawks need picks, Giants is the highest second round pick I circle as potential trade partners, 51 Washington is one to keep eye on as they're loaded with 3rd rounders, Rams at 57 is intriguing to me given all the gave up for Stafford in 2022...throw a this year 4th or 5th to them and a 2nd next year if a player we love is there makes a LOT of sense for them and us.

For me the most likley area if I'm Gute trading up is in the 3rd. A plethora of good players could be there for the picking should we move some of 2021 and 2022 draft equity around, some but not all that come to mind are:

CBs - Trill Williams, Adebo, St. Juste, Mukuamu, Griffin, Taylor
WRs - Amari Rodgers, Sage Surratt, Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace...
iDL - Twyman, Stills, McNeil, Osa, Wilson
RBs - Gainwell, Hill, Serman, Hubbard, Hawkins
OTs - Spencer Brown, Hudson, Carman, Smith, Hainsey, Little
iOLs - Banks, Myers, Brown, Moore, Cleveland, Meinerz
TEs - Jordan, Tremble and Long

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously this is hypothetical, and we're a historically conservative franchise. So it won't happen. BUT... This is a win-now team... Personally, I'd rather we sacrifice the future to bolster the roster for another run. I haven't looked at the talent available, is there a WR that is a can't miss prospect this year?

Also, did you know that AJ Green was drafted ahead of Julio? I didn't until recently. Crazy. He's a free agent I'd bring in for a look.

Green, I think, is washed.

Reaction score
I also think that is an intriguing strategy. It’s certainly another avenue to “push our chips in” to move around the board.
I’d be 100% good with us using as high as a 2022 3rd-5th rounder to get semi-aggressive on day 2 if they see someone in reach that should’ve been long gone. A starting caliber OL, DL, RB or LB etc..

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's a bunch of really good wrs that seem to be can't miss ish

Devonta Smith
Jamarr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Terrance Marshall Jr
Kadarius Toney
Rashod Bateman

These 6 are highly likely to go in the first round...with Rondell Moore the next up but I don't think a first round pick

If the Packers got any of those 6 I think they'd have big rookie seasons not justin jefferson big maybe but Packers rookie record breaking big for sure

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a bunch of really good wrs that seem to be can't miss ish

Devonta Smith
Jamarr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Terrance Marshall Jr
Kadarius Toney
Rashod Bateman

These 6 are highly likely to go in the first round...with Rondell Moore the next up but I don't think a first round pick

If the Packers got any of those 6 I think they'd have big rookie seasons not justin jefferson big maybe but Packers rookie record breaking big for sure

Hard disagree on Toney.

He’s a very good athlete, but in 3 years at Florida never learned how to play WR. He’s raw raw.

Idk. At where he’s projected to go, he scares me. Who is the last gadget type player at his draft projection to do well, and develop as a WR?

Also, I think Elijah Moore is WR4.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard disagree on Toney.

He’s a very good athlete, but in 3 years at Florida never learned how to play WR. He’s raw raw.

Idk. At where he’s projected to go, he scares me. Who is the last gadget type player at his draft projection to do well, and develop as a WR?

Also, I think Elijah Moore is WR4.

I love Toney and have to agree. With the ball in his hands he is deadlier than arguably any of those listed....but those touches have to be manufactured because his route tree is more like a seedling and worse than MVS when he came to us.

Don't get me wrong MLF would make him shine at times for sure. Toney in the second I get, Toney in the 1st I've come off of quite hard.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Toney and have to agree. With the ball in his hands he is deadlier than arguably any of those listed....but those touches have to be manufactured because his route tree is more like a seedling and worse than MVS when he came to us.

Don't get me wrong MLF would make him shine at times for sure. Toney in the second I get, Toney in the 1st I've come off of quite hard.

Idk. Is a gadget player like that worth a 2nd? I’m skeptical.

In 3 years he couldn’t learn a simple college route tree. I think he has the physical abilities, and he can be a valuable player in a certain role, but you have to bank on him improving a lot to justify that pick. I’m glad I’m not a GM.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk. Is a gadget player like that worth a 2nd? I’m skeptical.

In 3 years he couldn’t learn a simple college route tree. I think he has the physical abilities, and he can be a valuable player in a certain role, but you have to bank on him improving a lot to justify that pick. I’m glad I’m not a GM.

Is he....not sure. Is that the tops spot I'm doing him at yup. Given we are end of 2nd as well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping we sit tight. Let the players come to us this year. We have enough positions that could use an upgrade or better depth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts