Thoughts on Packers defense vs Lions Week 17?

MisterPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't able to catch the game at all, but was wondering how was the defense against the Lions? I wanted to know if Capers toned down the blitzes to check out how the base def was playing heading into the playoffs? Any thoughts?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but feel this is a Troll thread, and a good one at that.

Score was 45-41.
Was a great defensive game.

Only gave up 520 yards to Matt Stafford.

OP
OP
M

MisterPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely not looking for trolls or anything. I can figure out that it was a great defensive game based on the stats, but I was looking to see what the defensive play calls were looking like.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely not looking for trolls or anything. I can figure out that it was a great defensive game based on the stats, but I was looking to see what the defensive play calls were looking like.

All I can say is they looked like they weren't working.

You could argue that without Clay there was no Pass Rush and we also didn't have Woodson playing either.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Matthews or Woodson and a carousel at the right OLB position to see if anyone would step up and make a play. I think Pickett was limited also.

For the most part we treated it as a 5th preseason game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No Matthews or Woodson and a carousel at the right OLB position to see if anyone would step up and make a play. I think Pickett was limited also.

For the most part we treated it as a 5th preseason game.

dont tell them that!!!

We want them to think it will be a cake walk..That way when the hammer does fall, they will be :confused: