Thoughts on NFC 2021-22

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The division will boil down to Packers, Bucs and top 2 teams in West imo.

East: Washington, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles

Unfortunately this will continue to stink up the place. Unless the Giants or Eagles make waves in FA, Washington will might still end up winning this. Less said about Cowboys, the better!

West: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers

Probably the most interesting and competitive division in NFC. Rams will get better with Stafford, and 49ers will bounce back from the injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if Hawks drop to 3rd. Cardinals are likely to get better too.

North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions

Nothing would change. Likely to finish in same order.

South: Saints, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons

Bucs for the win. Where Saints will finish depends on Brees's retirement.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thinks the Saints Brees or no Brees is finishing no better then 3rd at the highest considering how much they are over the cap.

ARPackFan

GREAT SCOTT HUNTER!!! IT'S BACK TO THE 70s, MARTY!
Reaction score
EAST:

Eagles are a train wreck and in salary cap hell. Cowboys have no QB and Dak, even if signed, may be unable to play until later in the year. The Giants could take a step forward if Danial Jones steps up. Washington or the Giants - flip a coin.

WEST:

It is the Rams division to lose. They will be much better on offense with Stafford instead of Goff. The defense is still going to be good and I can see them making a deep run into the playoff.

NORTH:

The Lions are a terminally .500 team with Goff at QB and a new staff. Let the dysfunction continue. If the Bears can figure out their QB situation they could actually be good. Viking are still the biggest threat to the Packers NFC north supremacy.

SOUTH:
The Bucs have a bunch of players who's contracts are up and it is going to be difficult to sign them all and we all know there are teams out there that will overpay. They will still win the south because the other three teams will just plain suck in 2021.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
East: Washington, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles

Unfortunately this will continue to stink up the place.
Unfortunately for them maybe, but I have no problem with it. I remember too many years growing up when the East was dominating the league. Who can forget our playoff losses to the Giants, or 4th and 26 against the Eagles? And I don't even want to talk about Dallas.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Russell Wilson might leave Seattle. The Bears are one of the teams he'd be willing to play for. They'd have their first real quarterback in 70 years.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Russell Wilson might leave Seattle. The Bears are one of the teams he'd be willing to play for. They'd have their first real quarterback in 70 years.
I don't usually care too much about what the Bears do, but Russell Wilson scares me.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't usually care too much about what the Bears do, but Russell Wilson scares me.
Russell on the Bears, with no high draft picks for the next 2 years and no receivers for him to throw to will be 8-8 at best in '21 and worse in '22, IMHO. The Bears are so fixated on "finding a QB" they keep throwing $$ and draft picks away gutting the team's other positions. I'd LOVE to see Wilson behind that garbage OL twice a year for the next few years.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC West will probably be the most competitive division again by far. It's so crazy because somehow the Rams seem to have the Cards and Seahawks numbers, somehow the Cards get the best of the 9ers, and 9ers get the best of the Rams. Obviously the Rams have big expectations with Stafford coming aboard, the 49ers look good if they stay healthy, and with the Seahawks ... Well it all comes down to whether RW stays or goes. I think the Cardinals are a talented team, but they got a lousy coach.

NFC East ... Likely the weak link again, but I'm going to say the NYG take it over Washington. I like their signings so far this year, at least more so than their division rivals. I just think the Eagles did themselves no favors by signing Flacco, and their new HC lacks experience. Cowboys so far haven't done themselves any favors and I just got the feeling McCarthy's time as a HC in the NFL may be winding down.

NFC South is the Bucs to lose for sure, but opposing teams have gotta be wanting to pound the wood on Brady because you can be sure once he retires their little run of greatness is finished. Panthers I think finish 2nd with the potential they have to be a dark horse this year. I think the Falcons struggle this year, but they'll make some noise and get setup to take the south in 2022. Saints are now searching for their next QB with Brees retired, and expect 2021 is going to be a rough year for them.

I think we win the NFC North again, but I'm going to say it'll be a close one vs Minny. Unless Chicago does miraculously land RW, which would change my opinion, they're only going to get worse as switching out Trubisky for Dalton was a bad move, and it's going to result in Nagy getting fired. Detroit's looking like they brought Matt Millen back to run the show again.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we win the NFC North again, but I'm going to say it'll be a close one vs Minny.
If we don't win the North again, it's going to be a huge disappointment. We're coming off two consecutive NFCCGs, we looked like the best team in the NFC for a significant period last year, we made strides under LeFleur's system, and we shouldn't have lost that much. Of course a lot depends on Rodgers staying healthy.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is between the Packers and Vikings. The Vikings have not improved their offensive line but did improve their dline. I dont think Peterson is an upgrade unless he sees a resurgence. He has been really bad the last 2 years.

The Packers really havent improved on paper but they were the best team last year and have a 2nd round pick the Vikings dont to improve their dline or dbackfield

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington, Arizona, Green Bay (with Rodgers), Tampa Bay

Wild Card: Minnesota, Seattle, San Francisco

NFCCG: Green Bay @ Washington

Super Bowl: Tennessee vs ???

I rarely pick GB to make the Super Bowl just to not be "that" fan, but I do like our chances this year moreso than the past 10+ years. If Love starts I think it will be Minnesota winning the division with Washington going to the Super Bowl. In either case I predict Tennessee will be the team to beat this year in a stacked AFC, and I'm not sure any NFC team can compete with the top 5 AFC teams

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts