Thompson-Walker

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm registered with the folks at Packer Update. You might want to consider registering if you haven't already. They often have stuff no one else has.

The latest is the NFL is pushing teams with holdout players(especially Rosenhaus holdouts) to ask for some of the signing bonus money back ala Ricky Williams.

Apparently the team will wait and see if Javon, et al, decide to hold out for training camp. If they do, Thompson could ask for $1 mill of the signing bonus back from Walker. Not the preferred route, but apparently something that is being considered.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an NFL wide policy I think it would be a great tactic. The 1st half doz or players would really be steamed and it would make for irreconcilable differences between player and team but when enuf teams make the tough love stance like this the players would realize they are in a lose LOSE BIG scenario and honor their contracts.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net-

if you think you have an interesting article, or maybe just some breaking news, feel free to post it up here...actually, please post it up here. we've been trying to coordinate posters with these privaledges for a while...IPB and Stump have come through with some good articles so far, so dont be shy yourself my man.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:
arrowgargantuan said:
IPB and Stump have come through with some good articles so far, so dont be shy yourself my man.

Hi2u too...

hahaha...where the hell have you been man? hibernating?

Nah, Ryan told me I had to stop posting so much or he'd ban me :(

Didn't recall that conversation :shrug:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is great if they don't show up they are breaking the contract and should have to pay back the signing bonus immediately.

Teams should rewrite contracts in the future so that signing bonuses are paid half at the beginning of the year and half after the season, or something like that, unless a player is cut or traded. That way if someone holds out they haven't been paid for something they haven't done, show up for work.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
net-

if you think you have an interesting article, or maybe just some breaking news, feel free to post it up here...actually, please post it up here. we've been trying to coordinate posters with these privaledges for a while...IPB and Stump have come through with some good articles so far, so dont be shy yourself my man.
Thanks for the cudos, AG, but I do believe BRUCE gets the big honors when it comes to posting threads around here... And, just to be fair about it, you do a pretty decent job yourself from time to time --- as does Slick.... and several others. I just happen to have a login for PackersNews, as do a couple of others here... for the premium stuff - I think a few others have the Packer Report login... Being able to come here as the one-stop shopping source for the latest Packer news is why this site will gain more fame than for anything else.... 'course, it does have a catchy name... but, then someone else has just started a Packernation.com site, too! So, there ya go! --- Like the man said at the beginning, stop by that link he listed and check it out.

http://www.packerupdate.com/

Not to worry - it'll never replace this one!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for sure..i was talking more along the lines of posting articles.

we could fill up a book with names of people who bring quality threads and posts in here. no doubt, Bruce is the man though. he puts a ton of effort in his threads...i'd like to see him post outside of the threads he starts every now and then though. theres always a complainer :wink:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong about this - but I do believe BRUCE writes for PackerChatters.com - like Packernation (Mark Quarderer) does.... Go check it out - he can deny this afiliation but the writings are similar. -- Here's an example!

from PackerChatters said:
Friday, June 24, 2005
Bates hopes to put safe back into safety

by Bruce
For PackerChatters

Restocking the Safety Cupboard

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer Update stuff is copyrighted and they don't want it used elsewhere, from what I've seen.

I regularly will post articles or links. I don't mess with the Packer Update stuff for above reasons.

A violation of copyright is a fine of 250 thousand dollars, so I'm a bit careful.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they have some rules in place that state they don't want their users doing something like that, if you site the source of the information then it shouldn't matter. Should be just like MLA citation for a report in college.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - otherwise, PackersNews.com would be hassling all of my posts which are repeats of their article, photos included.....

As long as you create an active hyper-link back to the affiliated web site - you should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts