TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The jsonline article on the smarts of Marshall Newhouse got me thinking

Last edited:

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really excited about this O line, they are all young and have all proven that they can compete well at this level. If we could get all these guys signed then we could have a great O line to complement this great passing game for many years

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agreed with the Wahle and Marco moves...We had so many holes, spending on Mike was stupid, an again Marco was getting way to much (I read an article written by Andrew Brandt on the Marco issue, and explains in great detail on how it all went down)

We might have got at the most, 2 good years from those guys, but as it turns out Marco hardly lasted a year, and gave back part of his signing bonus cuz he felt so bad..

While it was hard to accept, that was the 1st step into getting back on the salary cap track..He did try to fix it fast with free agents, but it failed....

I hated that it was done, but KNEW it had to be done...I fought hard with some people on Bretts forum on that issue, and stuck to my belief that Ted knew what he was doing..

We have all learned that he does know how to draft, and that is what he ended up doing to fix the o-l, and look at how long those guys have played, and how long we have and will have them for..

People have to recall how bad our salary cap was..And drastic moves had to be made to fix it (Darren Sharper was another along with Longwell, although I believe he offered Adam Vinatieri more then what Longwell signed for in Minny)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I've seen an Oline this strong in all my days. So many weapons, so hard to defend against. Elite sometimes seems like an understatement. I'm really impressed with what TT has done with this team as a whole and I can't wait to see what he has in store for the future! :)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
These guys are going to be a force in the next couple of years when they hit their prime. Can you imagine what Aroge would be doing to Defenses If he could stand back there like Brady does and just wait for a guy to come open. Talk about unstoppable.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts