1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Thompson’s First Round Pattern

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by ThxJackVainisi, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,187
    IMO Michael Rodney made an interesting point on the Packer Update website a couple of days ago. He points out that while it’s nearly impossible to predict who Thompson will take in the first round, he notes a pattern has emerged which narrows down the likely pick at #28. In seven drafts Thompson has selected six first rounders and each one has come from a major college conference: Two from the Pac-10, two from the Big 10, and two from the SEC. Of course Thompson has acquired players from smaller conferences after the first round, but I was somewhat surprised by this fact. Of course it doesn't guarantee anything going forward, I just find it interesting. Using this information, after eliminating those players likely gone, he guesses a player from the Big 10 will be the pick. Rather than revealing the pick, I suggest you check it out yourself: http://packerupdate.net/?p=17816

I don’t know the percentage of players from major college conferences selected in the first round, so maybe this isn’t that unusual for a GM who has usually gone into a draft with a bottom third pick in the first round.

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,043
    Best line from the article without giving out the ending

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    This might give away the answer. Dullest, most boring, safe football I've ever been forced to watch. Quite frankly anybody could fit their play style.