This weeks power ratings

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no surprise GB moves up and NYG moves down.
Here are a few of the columnist's comments.

GB

FOX 19
Brett Favre tied John Elway's record for most career wins as a quarterback (148) in Green Bay's 16-13 victory over Philadelphia. The Packers punt coverage unit was superb, recovering two botched Eagles punt returns. The Packers D held Philadelphia to 283 yards, with Donovan McNabb completing only 45.5 percent of his passes. Green Bay has won five straight games dating back to last season. The Pack travel to New York for a battle with the Giants next weekend. Brett Favre won't be giving any sacks to Michael Strahan this time around.

CBS 14
Keep an eye on this young team. There is some talent on both sides of the ball. If they can fix that running game, they could push the Bears.

ESPN 17
Mason Crosby's name may sound like a country-western singer, but the rookie sure can kick a football. His three field goals, including the game-winner with two seconds left, even had Brett Favre doing the two-step.

TSN 12
The offense is going to have to step it up because the Packers won't get many more gift victories.

NYG

fox 25
The only thing worse than Britney Spears’ performance on Sunday night was the display of ineptitude the Giants defense put on. Like Britney, the D looked blurred and unprepared from start to finish. To be certain, it was a tough start to the season for Giants fans. Aside from the constant mentions of Tiki Barber’s name throughout the NBC telecast and injuries to team leaders Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, and Osi Umenyiora, the once-proud Big Blue defense got absolutely lit up by the rival Cowboys. The New York D gave up 45 points and 477 yards, with 345 of them coming through the air. As for Tiki? Well, Derrick Ward looked just fine in relief of the injured Brandon Jacobs. As any Giants fan will tell you — no more Tiki Barber talk, please. He's not coming back. So what's the point?

CBS 23
They have all kinds of issues. The quarterback is hurt, they can't defend the pass, Brandon Jacobs is out for a month and Osi Umenyiora is also out. Tom Coughlin can't be too happy.

ESPN 22
If Eli Manning is indeed out a month with a shoulder injury, then the Giants will need to rely on Jared Lorenzen, the 285-pound QB from Kentucky. This is one Jared who evidently has NEVER eaten at Subway.

TSN 22
There's no truth to the rumor that an offensive lineman will fill in for Eli Manning.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for putting that together, wpr. So far I would say there is a distinct lack of buzz surrounding the Packers this season, but if they win enough games, people will have to pay attention sooner or later.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thanks for putting that together, wpr. So far I would say there is a distinct lack of buzz surrounding the Packers this season, but if they win enough games, people will have to pay attention sooner or later.
I kind of like sneaking up on everyone!!! :D

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Thanks for posting that is that what all the American shows rank the packers and Giants?

GBP,

These rankings are from a few of the sports news agency's webs sites.
Fox Sports televises the NFC games.
CBS does the AFC games.
ESPN carries the Monday night game.
TSN is The Sporting News. They have a weekly newspaper along with their web site.

I do not know how each web site comes up with their ranking. It is possible that one person makes up their web sites rank and it is possible that a few people contribute to it.
I am certain their are other polls out there as well.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Pats not top im not so sure but they did beat the Jets and the Chargers beat the Bears But The Pats should be top i hate saying it but they must be.
Well.....if it proven they have been cheating (which looks like will happen) they might just drop quickly.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King of Sports Illustrated did not include the Packers in his "fine fifteen," which is based on momentum rather than overall achievement, although after week one I don't think there's any difference. I thought it was interesting that both the Lions, who beat Oakland, and the Jaguars, who lost to the Titans, made the fine fifteen. Maybe Peter just likes big cats.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The view from the rest of the universe is sure improving. The last two years I haven't seen us much higher than about 30th after week one.

I am kind of surprised we moved up that quickly since so few have had much of anything good to say before Sunday's game.

I thought for sure they would wait a few weeks and then come out with us as the "surprise of the year."

That's the sportscasters out for having completely botched their view of certain teams they said would be bad and justifies being so far off.

You see, when you completely screw up in the sportsworld it's a "surprise" team, not an "I screwed that one up" team. Heaven forbid they would ever have to admit they just might not have done their homework.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts