1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This Thread will die real fast.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Jon Ryan

Here is a positive!

Averaging 47.1 yards per punt and he has not even been in his best comfort zone yet, the blowing wind, minus 10, and the snow.

Jon is 4th in the NFL punting stats right now, even though he has had to put his foot to the ball 22 times.. Jon is a positive for this team. Here is a kid who comes in from North of the 49th and is a brilliant signing for the Packers.

Now…. There is someone who here who will be thinking about taking this thread to an â€

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I am, glad he is doing good...A fellow postrer from another site has seen him punt in person and was in awe of his talent..So my questions is, does he get better then what he is now?

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I gotta say, I had my doubts but I am sure glad Ryan has been able to adjust.

I think he will, as every week he gets more comfortable with the NFL ball compared to the CFL ball, as well as getting used to the NFL environment.

I agree RP, come winter time, Ryan has an advantage over other punters, he has been used to the cold of Winnipeg.

The next best question might be if the Blue Bombers have anymore talent that could help right now, especially in the secondary. :p

4. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Raider Pride,

This is one positive I am happy to say my city had a hand in helping Green Bay out with. Go Kid Go, your doing fine !!!

5. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it sure looks as if Jon Ryan fits the bill!! Credit to him - he is a real positive.

[I'm honestly not trying to be negative when I say that...] I think he is going to have a busy year!! :wink:

Even completed one for 16 yds on a fake punt vs the Bears - that one raised a smile :shock:

Go Jon!!

Chris

6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Don't sell yourself short on Canada's contrabution to Packerland.
    Every time that I have been in Wisconsin, I was sure that I had traveled to another country

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    completely agree, RP!! it's nice to have a fairly solid kicker who will only improve - great post!! :D

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    That's cuz the majority of us drive correct...We dont have any tolls to pay for, but if you go to door county area you might be felt at home with all the flat landers staying there

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ryan has been a pleasant surprise so far. Let me be the first to say that TT has done a much better job than MS has when it comes to selecting punters!!!!!!!!

To extend this thread even more RP I will say that the play of our placekicker has also been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully these two positions are shored up for awhile. Raynor, I believe kicked at Michigan State so late season weather shouldn't be a problem for him either!!

10. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Defintitly a positive and a bright spot on this team. I wasn't expecting this. But somthign you can add to your original post would be Dave R. I know he has missed a couple of LONG FG's but, he is consistant with his long kickoffs....Something we didnt have with Longwell.

11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's kind of sad when the only positive goes out to a teams punter, but, being a former punter, us guys will take all the positives we can get. The only time I heard teammates or coaches talk was..."nice shank"..."what don't you understand about getting it inside the 15."....."hang time was not very good."

Just once I would have liked to have said, "then you kick the damn ball next time."

Ryan is doing very well and will improve.

12. coloradopackfan

coloradopackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe so, but why do you have to take a shot and rip Mike Sherman in your post?

Do you not like, nor appreciate what he tried to do for this hallowed franchise?

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome aboard Colorado.........I think we will get along just fine :lol:

14. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's ripping Sherman? It's stating a fact. Believe me, DePack wouldn't rip Sherman. :wink:

Anyway, Ryan and Raynor have impressed me thus far. I think TT did a great job finding these guys.

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

HAHA NICE

16. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    didnt seem to me like he was ripping Sherman. Its Shermans fault for these horribile years that we are going to have.

17. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that Ryan has vastly improved the punting game in GB. I just wish we don't have to see him that much! I'd much rather see that first down then Jon's strong leg and our suseptible coverage.

18. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    That is because Wisconsin is still on the barter system.
    They stoped using animal pelts as payment down here a long long time ago.