This Thread will die real fast.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Ryan

Here is a positive!

Averaging 47.1 yards per punt and he has not even been in his best comfort zone yet, the blowing wind, minus 10, and the snow.

Jon is 4th in the NFL punting stats right now, even though he has had to put his foot to the ball 22 times.. Jon is a positive for this team. Here is a kid who comes in from North of the 49th and is a brilliant signing for the Packers.

Now…. There is someone who here who will be thinking about taking this thread to an â€

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am, glad he is doing good...A fellow postrer from another site has seen him punt in person and was in awe of his talent..So my questions is, does he get better then what he is now?

Reaction score
I gotta say, I had my doubts but I am sure glad Ryan has been able to adjust.

longtimefan said:
I am, glad he is doing good...A fellow postrer from another site has seen him punt in person and was in awe of his talent..So my questions is, does he get better then what he is now?

I think he will, as every week he gets more comfortable with the NFL ball compared to the CFL ball, as well as getting used to the NFL environment.

I agree RP, come winter time, Ryan has an advantage over other punters, he has been used to the cold of Winnipeg.

The next best question might be if the Blue Bombers have anymore talent that could help right now, especially in the secondary. :p

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride,

This is one positive I am happy to say my city had a hand in helping Green Bay out with. Go Kid Go, your doing fine !!!

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it sure looks as if Jon Ryan fits the bill!! Credit to him - he is a real positive.

[I'm honestly not trying to be negative when I say that...] I think he is going to have a busy year!! :wink:

Even completed one for 16 yds on a fake punt vs the Bears - that one raised a smile :shock:

Go Jon!!

Chris

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Raider Pride,

This is one positive I am happy to say my city had a hand in helping Green Bay out with. Go Kid Go, your doing fine !!!

Don't sell yourself short on Canada's contrabution to Packerland.
Every time that I have been in Wisconsin, I was sure that I had traveled to another country

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
completely agree, RP!! it's nice to have a fairly solid kicker who will only improve - great post!! :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Philtration said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Raider Pride,

Every time that I have been in Wisconsin, I was sure that I had traveled to another country

That's cuz the majority of us drive correct...We dont have any tolls to pay for, but if you go to door county area you might be felt at home with all the flat landers staying there

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan has been a pleasant surprise so far. Let me be the first to say that TT has done a much better job than MS has when it comes to selecting punters!!!!!!!!

To extend this thread even more RP I will say that the play of our placekicker has also been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully these two positions are shored up for awhile. Raynor, I believe kicked at Michigan State so late season weather shouldn't be a problem for him either!!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defintitly a positive and a bright spot on this team. I wasn't expecting this. But somthign you can add to your original post would be Dave R. I know he has missed a couple of LONG FG's but, he is consistant with his long kickoffs....Something we didnt have with Longwell.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kind of sad when the only positive goes out to a teams punter, but, being a former punter, us guys will take all the positives we can get. The only time I heard teammates or coaches talk was..."nice shank"..."what don't you understand about getting it inside the 15."....."hang time was not very good."

Just once I would have liked to have said, "then you kick the damn ball next time."

Ryan is doing very well and will improve.

coloradopackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Ryan has been a pleasant surprise so far. Let me be the first to say that TT has done a much better job than MS has when it comes to selecting punters!!!!!!!!

To extend this thread even more RP I will say that the play of our placekicker has also been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully these two positions are shored up for awhile. Raynor, I believe kicked at Michigan State so late season weather shouldn't be a problem for him either!!

Maybe so, but why do you have to take a shot and rip Mike Sherman in your post?

Do you not like, nor appreciate what he tried to do for this hallowed franchise?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coloradopackfan said:
DePack said:

Do you not like, nor appreciate what he tried to do for this hallowed franchise?

Welcome aboard Colorado.........I think we will get along just fine :lol:

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coloradopackfan said:
DePack said:

That's ripping Sherman? It's stating a fact. Believe me, DePack wouldn't rip Sherman. :wink:

Anyway, Ryan and Raynor have impressed me thus far. I think TT did a great job finding these guys.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
coloradopackfan said:
DePack said:

Welcome aboard Colorado.........I think we will get along just fine :lol:

HAHA NICE

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
coloradopackfan said:
DePack said:

didnt seem to me like he was ripping Sherman. Its Shermans fault for these horribile years that we are going to have.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Ryan has vastly improved the punting game in GB. I just wish we don't have to see him that much! I'd much rather see that first down then Jon's strong leg and our suseptible coverage.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Raider Pride,

That's cuz the majority of us drive correct...We dont have any tolls to pay for, but if you go to door county area you might be felt at home with all the flat landers staying there

That is because Wisconsin is still on the barter system.
They stoped using animal pelts as payment down here a long long time ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts