This should be interesting

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think there is a chance cos of what i like to call "the bus" effect in which all players try a little harder to give a guy thats Retiring a last great send off like whaty happened in pittsburgh they did not have the best of the teams but they tryed a little harder for bettis i feel this might happen with farve

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think KGB was just trying to say that he expects the Packers to get a little more respect this year, than actually meaning that GB is Super Bowl bound. I've heard pretty much nothing but 7-9 predictions, and I've seen some that have GB finishing last in the NFCN. I think KGB, along with many of us, think we should receive a little more respect. I know we have to earn our way back to the top, but most people ignore how good our defense looks, and has great potential in the next few years. I don't think KGB is crazy, like this guy makes him sound. He just has the attitude of an underdog who wants more respect.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... just another crappy edition of the "Favre should retire" series. A sad attempt at a hook transitioning into the Favre bashing article that has already been written 100 times in the last two years. I've seen more fluid writing from high school drop outs.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This same guy predicted the Chicago Bears will be the next dynasty lead by the Rex Grossman turnaround.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he mentions that he doesnt think we can beat Chicago and thats why we wont go to a championship.
but with Rex Grossman at qb... i aint skeered of the bears.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of a dumb article. I think he overdramatizes the Favre-Rodgers situation. And I don't think Favre's defenders would say that "his legs are dead." There is plenty of life in his legs, though he chooses not to scramble very often anymore.

As for KGB, I think he was suffering from a little postgame excitement. It's only natural. I'm glad nobody's taking him seriously. It's better to be the underdog.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does mike freeman know what the hell he is talking about? seriously like everything he said i thought the opposite. Watch out for the bears? they went to the superbowl somehow last year yeah, but still they have rex grossoman, they lost tank johnson and have done hardly anything in free agency. They will be another pittsburgh steelers, go to the superbowl and suck the next year. Mark my words i guarantee it. Maybe the pack will too, but they are moving in the right direction at least. As for KGB saying that, to say that in the preseason better not be a big jinx. lol and for KGB standing for kinda getting bold? bet that took him all of like 3 seconds to come up with.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does mike freeman know what the hell he is talking about? seriously like everything he said i thought the opposite. Watch out for the bears? they went to the superbowl somehow last year yeah, but still they have rex grossoman, they lost tank johnson and have done hardly anything in free agency. They will be another pittsburgh steelers, go to the superbowl and suck the next year. Mark my words i guarantee it. Maybe the pack will too, but they are moving in the right direction at least. As for KGB saying that, to say that in the preseason better not be a big jinx. lol and for KGB standing for kinda getting bold? bet that took him all of like 3 seconds to come up with.

The bears replaced Tank Johnson with Darwin Walker - a better player. They have a high draft pick from last year back after spending all of last year on IR, and he has looked very good. They are returning 20/22 players from the NFC champion team. They drafted well. They resigned their franchised Pro Bowl LB. They had a good offseason. So, if your logic is that they wont do well because they "have done hardly anything in free agency", then how well are the packers going to do this year?

Didn't Brett say last year that this was the most talented team he had ever played with? I think that KGB saying they are going to the SB this year is nothing compared to that statement.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Kitna says the Lions are winning 10 games atleast.

KGB says the Packers are winning the Superbowl.

Only one is right and its KGB. :razz: Lions win atleast 10 games hahahahahahahahahahah have they even won that many over the last 10 seasons?

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if are defence keeps us in some games this year. i do see the pack going to the playoffs. oh and really who cares if a_rod sets behide farve right now. hes going to take when the pack have all the parts put together.
just like rivers did with the chargers.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vechenzo said:

The bears replaced Tank Johnson with Darwin Walker - a better player. They have a high draft pick from last year back after spending all of last year on IR, and he has looked very good. They are returning 20/22 players from the NFC champion team. They drafted well. They resigned their franchised Pro Bowl LB. They had a good offseason. So, if your logic is that they wont do well because they "have done hardly anything in free agency", then how well are the packers going to do this year?

Didn't Brett say last year that this was the most talented team he had ever played with? I think that KGB saying they are going to the SB this year is nothing compared to that statement.

bragging about being the NFC champion last year... is like braggin about being the smartest retard.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's being overanalyzed. It's KGB's opinion and if he wants to use it to try and fire up the young guys, so be it! Think about it, it's better than telling the press that the whole team sucks, how do you think that team would feel about that? Atleast this is something they can all rally around since the whole 'Brett's last year' thing is getting old year after year.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vechenzo said:

Yeah well the Bears do not have a very good "0" line and Grossman is horrible when pressured. History bodes very much against them repeating a playoff run and I don't think they have improved the offense enough to get them there.

Rex Grossman is extremely inconsistant and has no instincts to avoid pressure let alone maybe use pressure to his advantage. When teams get after him he looks like he goes numb.

Last year the Bears took a page out of the book the Packers wrote in previous years and picked on a weak North to get them to the playoffs. If they were to make it back again NO or Dallas is standing in line to kick their ***.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all this is the first I've heard that BF's legs "are dead". Where did that come from? It certainly isn't stuff being broadcast over all the various sources I keep up with.

I would think if his legs WERE dead it would affect the zip on the ball as well wouldn't it?

Secondly, this little thing called getting past the Bears? Every team that makes it in has to "get passed" somebody. Quite honestly I can't think of team I would rather it be and actually count ourselves lucky we are in the North.
The Bears aren't THAT big of a hill to climb.

Third, and what makes this article makes no sense is this guy is talking about Favre and our QB situation like it's some liability when we are significanty better off at that position with Favre and Rodgers than that "little thing" called the Bears who he is saying essentially we can't beat.

I'd rather have "dead leg" Favre over worthless Rex who generally only completes a pass to somebody standing on the sidelines (and out of bounds) anytime he sees pressure. That's when he's not throwing right to somebody on the other team.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
id rather have a dead leg blind in one eye hand tied behind his back Favre than rex grossman

Hey... if you really want I have a spare fake leg in case Brett ever needs it... and he still would be better than Rex.. :rotflmao:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah well the Bears do not have a very good "0" line and Grossman is horrible when pressured. History bodes very much against them repeating a playoff run and I don't think they have improved the offense enough to get them there.

Rex Grossman is extremely inconsistant and has no instincts to avoid pressure let alone maybe use pressure to his advantage. When teams get after him he looks like he goes numb.

Last year the Bears took a page out of the book the Packers wrote in previous years and picked on a weak North to get them to the playoffs. If they were to make it back again NO or Dallas is standing in line to kick their ***.

Gotta disagree with this logic, war. The Bears have one of the highest rated O-lines in the league. granted, it's aging, but they have one or two more years of being good before they can be considered 'creaky', IMO.

Rex, however, is a complete ******. One week he looks like a probowler, the next he has a total meltdown. I love watching him on those weeks!

But to say that the Bears didn't deserve a superbowl is off, cause they beat the teams in the playoffs to get there. The reason was their defense, which takes you anywhere you wanna go in the playoffs.

Which is good news for us, and grounds for an accurate KGB prediction.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who give us the best chance to win?

Favre:
1)Aging, but still accurate
2)Has seen it all
3)Still does over-the-top film study
4)Able to make the deep pass plus the short pass
5)Respected leader in the huddle
6)Soon to break many passing and durability records

Rodgers:
1)Improving, but still inexperienced
2)Admittedly too arrogant for his own good
3)Not able to rally the team when given the chance
4)Not able to break wide receivers' fingers

You choose.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who give us the best chance to win?

Favre:
1)Aging, but still accurate
2)Has seen it all
3)Still does over-the-top film study
4)Able to make the deep pass plus the short pass
5)Respected leader in the huddle
6)Soon to break many passing and durability records

Rodgers:
1)Improving, but still inexperienced
2)Admittedly too arrogant for his own good
3)Not able to rally the team when given the chance
4)Not able to break wide receivers' fingers

You choose.

Boy, listing only positives for one guy, and only negatives for the other. Who has a biased opinion on the question he/she just presented which is only marginally related to the current thread topic?

You choose.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black,

I just don't see the Bears "0" line all that. They did not live up to what was expected of them last year and got rolled by teams, like the Pack, that can get after the QB.

They were getting old LAST year and didn't show me that much.

The Bears got their *** handed to them three or four times last year and the defense pulled their fat out of the fire. Not the offensive line.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if are defence keeps us in some games this year. i do see the pack going to the playoffs. oh and really who cares if a_rod sets behide farve right now. hes going to take when the pack have all the parts put together.
just like rivers did with the chargers.

Please tell me you didn't just compare A. Rodgers and the Packers with P. Rivers and the Chargers! Rivers has proven himself; all Rodgers has proved is he can play OK against 2nd and 3rd string players. Not to mention the most glaring difference between the two QB's and the two teams, the Chargers beat teams with winning records and the Packers haven't! And before anyone say's it I will. What you may ask. The old Packer fan line; we beat the bears the last game of the year! I shouldn’t have to say this but I will anyway. The Bears didn't care if they won or lost the game they just wanted to avoid injury! There I said it. No matter how you slice it 5-6 wins for the Packers

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it 5-6 wins for the Packers

So you think no more than 6 wins for the Packers... well then "Black Jack King"... pony up some dough... I will take the Packer on the over of winning 6.5 games...

Say a 100?

Members online

Latest posts