This season is over if....

mbecker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offensive line is not dramatically changed. 5 SACKS IN ONE GAME?!?!!! I am about to throw up. I am embarressed right now. And I'm not even on the team. This is unbelievable.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone talk about the Bengals "D" before the game. I really thought they had a garbage D.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offensive line is not dramatically changed. 5 SACKS IN ONE GAME?!?!!! I am about to throw up. I am embarressed right now. And I'm not even on the team. This is unbelievable.
5 sacks from one PLAYER in a game. That's just embarassing. Babre got wrecked last week and this week it was everybody. Our offensive line needs MAJOR adjustments. I can safely say I am happy with every aspect of our team except for our offensive line, and our lack in depth for running back.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah, Rodgers has no time to throw, the O line looks to be in over their head and not attacking. Grant is not helping the offense at all, it is hard to play action when the defense is blowing through the o-line and the running game is a joke. The team as a hole is playing out of rhythm. Many balls again were dropped that were on the money. On top of all this, I hold my breath when Crosby comes out to attempt a field goal. I would rather the Pack to go on all 4th downs inside the opponent's 40. This is going to be a rough year, the D that was so dominant last week could not stop the run this week. The team needs to get back to the basics this week in practice. Man, I am sick.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the same holes we showed last week ... by the looks of things now ,, you better prey we have a winning season ... there are just too many problems to fix in one season ... we dont have a run game ,, we cant stop the run ,, our O line is that of a high school team ... well all you cats that are so impressed with TT ,, here ya go ... your watching the green bay TTs ... so with the way our O line is playing im betting ol RODGERS is hurt by week 4 ... if that happenes we are toast ... :headbang:
you cant put blam on the players ,, you have to look at the coaching staff and GM ... about the olny thing they have done consitant is made bad choice after bad choice ... i dont wanna get carried away here ,, it is olny week 2 but week 1 doesnt look much different ... im having trouble watching this packers team get run in the dirt ... i for one hope TT gets run outta town after this season ... i dont see why we should keep him around ...

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the same holes we showed last week ... by the looks of things now ,, you better prey we have a winning season ... there are just too many problems to fix in one season ... we dont have a run game ,, we cant stop the run ,, our O line is that of a high school team ... well all you cats that are so impressed with TT ,, here ya go ... your watching the green bay TTs ... so with the way our O line is playing im betting ol RODGERS is hurt by week 4 ... if that happenes we are toast ... :headbang:
you cant put blam on the players ,, you have to look at the coaching staff and GM ... about the olny thing they have done consitant is made bad choice after bad choice ... i dont wanna get carried away here ,, it is olny week 2 but week 1 doesnt look much different ... im having trouble watching this packers team get run in the dirt ... i for one hope TT gets run outta town after this season ... i don't see why we should keep him around ...
Now I wouldn't go that far. Our defense is looking very sharp in both games. Our offense literally had no rhythm today and that is what really was our problem, and yes it was the O-line's fault. But still, I saw many plays where Rodgers did have time, yet couldn't find a receiver, maybe the receivers weren't running good routes, or their defense was just solid today.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry. This game was TOTALLY diferent from last game. BUT it was THE SAME as last year's close losses. Bad tackling, bad protection, stupid penalties. And this year, we got dropped passes. I'm not seeing improvement, and that's what really kills my confidence in these coaches. We clearly have the talent (except for the OL), but we're not progressing. It's not looking good.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how a sharp defense gives up 31 points but they did have a pick six. But there were holes you could drive a john deere through today and it was exploited by a second tier RB. What do you think adrian peterson is going to do with those huge holes?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive line sucks, players aren't catching balls, bad reads, PENALTIES. this season is screwed if they don't clean up. i do have a theory however, that this could be the wakeup call they needed. ugh god help us and thanks SI for the hype you jerks. thye coul dof jinxed it.

good news? det. led the vikes most that game. the north is not as good as people thought/think.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line is absolute garbage right now. I think the only way to dramatically improve it would be to blow it up and start over again next year.

Reaction score
If I were Rodgers I would request a trade. He still has a career. This team is going to get him hurt. There is no passion for the game from the players that I can see. This season is over for them. I don't see any obvious difference in the team from when Mike Sherman was coaching. The Bengals were decidedly one of the worst in the NFL last season. So what does that tell you.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were Rodgers I would request a trade. He still has a career. This team is going to get him hurt. There is no passion for the game from the players that I can see. This season is over for them. I don't see any obvious difference in the team from when Mike Sherman was coaching. The Bengals were decidedly one of the worst in the NFL last season. So what does that tell you.

Also didn't have Carson Palmer. The O Line is the biggest issue. Defense has been playing with tenacity we haven't seen in a while. Rodgers request a trade? You must not understand this team is a few steps away from being a contender with the talent this roster actually has.

I don't intend this post to start an argument, that comment is probably out of frustration but it's week two and we are already jumping the not making the playoffs wagon.

What is this? Lets complain about the issues but first and foremost be Packer fans and support the team we love as best we can and hopefully a turnaround is close and imminent. I am not saying it is lost just yet. It could only take one week and things can begin to change. That line needs a confidence boost. Once it comes back, A Rod will get his timing back.

For the record, Rodgers didn't play so hot either even when there was not much pressure. LIke the deep ball to Jennings in triple cov. with Nelson sitting there with ten yards of turf radius around him. It is a team effort, they have to start playing like one.

That being said :viksux::chisux:. Detriot is just implied. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Benson is actually a decent running back. Cinci showed life when he came to town. Palmer is back. Henry is out of trouble (for now) and if he had his head straight could be one of the better #2 WRs in the league. Ok O Line and revamped defense with R Williams and R Mau equals a much better team than people think. Packers lost this game themselves. How? Through mistakes. But they can be corrected because they are fundamentals. It is only week 2 guys, lets not panic. St. Louis will be interesting next week to see if there was any advancement.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also didn't have Carson Palmer. The O Line is the biggest issue. Defense has been playing with tenacity we haven't seen in a while. Rodgers request a trade? You must not understand this team is a few steps away from being a contender with the talent this roster actually has.

I don't intend this post to start an argument, that comment is probably out of frustration but it's week two and we are already jumping the not making the playoffs wagon.

What is this? Lets complain about the issues but first and foremost be Packer fans and support the team we love as best we can and hopefully a turnaround is close and imminent. I am not saying it is lost just yet. It could only take one week and things can begin to change. That line needs a confidence boost. Once it comes back, A Rod will get his timing back.

For the record, Rodgers didn't play so hot either even when there was not much pressure. LIke the deep ball to Jennings in triple cov. with Nelson sitting there with ten yards of turf radius around him. It is a team effort, they have to start playing like one.

That being said :viksux::chisux:. Detriot is just implied. Just my 2 cents.
A post I finally agree with. Oh and :detsux:

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A post I finally agree with. Oh and :detsux:

Thanks Zach, but I am really just sick of people saying that this team is done when in reality this is football and the season is 17 weeks long, the North sucks and they can still easily win. Bright side?

CHI is sticking with reportdely the best team in the NFL (Pitt). Shows we can still play with the best of them. Lets just cheer for the Pack guys bailing now won't help em come back!

GO PACK GO.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how they can start over on o-line since they have some many new people on it already.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree ^^ ... there is just too much work ... like it or not our team is just jacked up at this point ... teams are watching tape for every game ,, they know if they have an ok running game they can just run all over us ... when we do get the ball our line just cant stop the rush ... the last 2 games were agenst teams that are ok ,, what happens when we face really good teams ? i believe this season will be more like last season ,, more than people really know ... there really hasnt been any improvments .. ohh well there is next year ,, hey maybe we will get a good draft pick so TT can trade it down for 5 slouchy players ...

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
This season is over if.....

we don't play the rest of the games.

Believe it or not folks, there are question marks on a bunch of teams. Best game of the day was Houston over Tennessee. Way to hang in there.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah, Rodgers has no time to throw, the O line looks to be in over their head and not attacking. Grant is not helping the offense at all, it is hard to play action when the defense is blowing through the o-line and the running game is a joke. The team as a hole is playing out of rhythm. Many balls again were dropped that were on the money. On top of all this, I hold my breath when Crosby comes out to attempt a field goal. I would rather the Pack to go on all 4th downs inside the opponent's 40. This is going to be a rough year, the D that was so dominant last week could not stop the run this week. The team needs to get back to the basics this week in practice. Man, I am sick.

I'm not a fan of our O-line by any stretch, but I will say that on a number of occasions, Rodgers had the time or stepped out of trouble, only to find nobody open and take a sack. Now, whether there was really nobody open or Rodgers couldn't get the ball out, I couldn't say for certain.

You wanna see AWFUL pass protection? Watch Minnesota. Favre was getting knocked down on three step drops today, but the difference between Favre and Rodgers seems to be that when his team needs a first down, Favre somehow manages to move the sticks. I mean, for God's sakes, at least Green Bay has receivers that can gain separation and get open. I'm not sure Minnesota has a completed pass in two games that was longer than 15-20 yards down field. This will be a major liability for Minnesota when they face an explosive offense and/or a defense that can consistently bottle-up AP for 3+ quarters - something I'm not confident Green Bay is capable of, although Green Bay seems to fall in the "explosive" offense category.

I would have liked to see a few more screens to RB's today to keep the Bungles defense honest. Rodgers, for the most part, takes what the defense gives him, but he forced a number of throws today that if he would have gone to a shorter route, he would have moved the chains.

All in all, a forgettable game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly. Woodson looked sharp. The rest seemed ill prepared, ill motivated and were beat like rented mules.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is over if they start believing the hype that the team was receiving. They had no sense of urgency it seemed in the fourth quarter until it was too late.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is over if they start believing the hype that the team was receiving. They had no sense of urgency it seemed in the fourth quarter until it was too late.
You are all WAYYYYY to quick to say this season is over. The only major problem is the offense isn't getting into a solid rhythm. Next week against St. Louis will be a good way of working the kinks out against a very sub-par team. If we lose badly against the Vikings, then I will be worried for the season. But as for now, easy rollings fellow cheeseheads, just a sloppy game that will hopefully be fixed in practice.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is a key to big passing success:

Watch tape of the games:

When Rodgers rolls out, left or right, or gets a chance to move around in the pocket when it collapses, they do make big plays. ROLL HIM OUT MCCARTHY. Start throwing bootlegs out there. If the pocket can't form, then work around it until it can already. Aaron has already proved he can throw by making his own room in the backfield, so just let him do it by designing plays for it already.

Members online

No members online now.