This Is My Take On The Pack!!! Whats Yours?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny - I thought TT's creepiness was something everybody agreed on. :)
Agreed? Yeah. But not to the point that it actually bothers me. People talk bad about him personally like it would affect his permanence on the job. Who cares if he's creepy or homosexual or whatever? If he's doing his job, fine with me. If he's not, then fire him.

Holmgren looks just like Wally Walrus. That's not creepy? Nobody cared back then.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed? Yeah. But not to the point that it actually bothers me. People talk bad about him personally like it would affect his permanence on the job. Who cares if he's creepy or homosexual or whatever? If he's doing his job, fine with me. If he's not, then fire him.

Holmgren looks just like Wally Walrus. That's not creepy? Nobody cared back then.

That's hilarious mainly because I used to argue with a co-worker about how I believe you can tell a lot about a person by the way they look and/or carry themselves. Nobody can ever prove this, but I certainly have a positive track record in this department. Some of it is body language and some of it is a combination of other behaviors.

The odd thing I've noticed about TT - and that shot the other nite was a classic example - is that he often appears frightfully uncomfortable and shifty-eyed when he realizes the camera is on him - almost like he's hiding something very important. Now, I'm not accusing the old gray ghost of being a serial stalker or anything like that, but there's just something "not right" about his demeanor at times.

Anyhow, not to get off on a tangent ...

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not understand why there is no urgency to fix the O-line so Rodgers does not get the crap beat out of him game after game. The staff seems content to sit back and watch one of the best QB'S in the game get banged around game after game. This needs fixed NOW, trade who you need within reason, but many teams would kill to have Rodgers as their QB and this coaching staff needs to allow him to use his talent by giving him time to throw. The monday nt. game was sick. Favre had all day to throw and Rodgers was getting smacked almost every play. I give Rodgers a lot of credit for hanging in there and making the play in pressure situations, but I am afraid that the constant beating is going to have a mental effect if it keeps up. I have been a supporter of coach Mike and TT, but enough is enough. Fix the O-Line NOW!--no more of this sorry o-line play. I am from Ohio and the Browns even have a better O-line by far-enough said.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The odd thing I've noticed about TT - and that shot the other nite was a classic example - is that he often appears frightfully uncomfortable and shifty-eyed when he realizes the camera is on him - almost like he's hiding something very important. Now, I'm not accusing the old gray ghost of being a serial stalker or anything like that, but there's just something "not right" about his demeanor at times.

you tend to have that look when your a snake ... thats why we call TT ol snake eyes ... eighter that or he is just hoping he dont get lynched by disgruntal packer faithfull ...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
he often appears frightfully uncomfortable and shifty-eyed when he realizes the camera is on him - almost like he's hiding something very important.

Ever seen Men In Black, with the giant cockroach hiding from humans by stuffing himself into human skin? Then at the end he rips off the skin and eats Tommy Lee Jones.

I have my theories about TT the person. I wouldn't be surprised if he ate Mark Murphy at some point. :shock:

Streetpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here but I've been a Packer fan since I was kid, so I thought I would offer some input.

Brett Favre (as much as I hate to say it) said it best in 07 when he said that this is the most talented team in a long time. I agree 100%

Key word TALENT

Defensively, I think we need much better play out of our linebackers they have dreadful so far. When we blitz em we get no pressure and they have been exceptionally poor tacklers (apart from Chillar, I'm digging his play and he's coming along). Defensive like has better slightly above average-average. We gotta remember we play a 3-4 defense, basically gets rid of fantasy stats for these linemen, they've gotta open gaps for linebackers to make plays.

More often than not, the gap has been there and I just get to witness another Kampman/Aj hawk Wiff. Additionally I don't know who taught AJ hawk to take his pursuit angles...but man its painful all I gotta say.

Offensively: Receivers are dropping balls (this did not happen against minnesota, I was very pleased). The offensive line, is completly throwing off Rodgers' timing. They have dreadful, especially Allen Barbre however unlike what most are saying they can run block. We just never run except in the most obvious situations, hence our low low average.

My biggest gripe with the line is THEY ARE TALENTED!!! They are capable of being pretty good and their biggest flaw? TOOOOOOOOOO SLOW off the snap count in pass protection. When you play a dude like Jared Allen you can't give him 2-3 steps on you or he's going to blow right past you. O-line coach thats right I'm looking at you!!!!! Its FIXABLE.

If we don't get better pass protection, we've gotta do SOMETHING about The offensive play calling. We're pass first and its not like there is anything wrong with it except WE CAN'T PASS BLOCK!!! so..its like 1st 2nd down pass 3rd 1...run (just examples) OF COURSE WE'RE GONNA GET STUFFED. Offensive line doesn't get better at pass blocking, we should run more so the defensive ends aren't just thinking SACK SACK SACK and also think about having outside contain.

Looking at the schedule we realistically could be 7-3 before playing San Fran, then we've got the Lions on thanksgiving. If we win the tough ones in that stretch (minny and san fran). I don't see us beating Dallas or San Fran we just don't match up well against Dallas and while we do match up well vs San Fran...they're tough as nails. Then Detroit on thanksgiving.

easily 7-4 and we are entirely capable of 9-2 its matter of playing to our talent level. If we can be an around .500 football team for that very very tough stretch at the end of the season we could make the playoffs.

If we play like the talent we have, we still win this division. Everytime I watch, I just shake my head because its hard when you know you're team is good and just aren't playing up to what they can do.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Brett Favre (as much as I hate to say it) said it best in 07 when he said that this is the most talented team in a long time.

He said it again...only this time about this Viking team being the most talented team he's ever been on. there's #4 playing to his latest constituency... on a team that hasn't won doodly-squat -- and it's a more highly talented team than one that went to 3 consecutive NFC Championship games... 2 consecutive Super Bowls....and 1 Super Bowl winner.

The guy is just so full of **** he can't even help it anymore.....

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said it again...only this time about this Viking team being the most talented team he's ever been on. there's #4 playing to his latest constituency... on a team that hasn't won doodly-squat -- and it's a more highly talented team than one that went to 3 consecutive NFC Championship games... 2 consecutive Super Bowls....and 1 Super Bowl winner.

Leave it to a hater to take his remarks out of context. Why didn't you also include the other words following the ones you posted where he said that nothing is guaranteed and they've gotta work to get to where they want to be? Not to mention, what's really wrong with being honest? I realize that's so 1980's, but it still should be commended, not vilified.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I think the talent level of those teams compared to the current Vikings is closer than you'd think.

I'll take Peterson over Levens.

I'll take the Vikes D-line over Reggie, Gilbert, Dotson, and Sean Jones. Yes, I just said that. The numbers say the Vikings rush defense is the best in history. And it's because of their line play with the Williams Wall and Allen. Add in the fact that Allen is playing like a white Reggie this year and it's at the very least a wash.

The mid-90's Packes had a better secondary though, with Butler, Evans, Newsome/Williams, and Eugene/Teague. Also they have a better receiver core with Freeman, Brooks, and Rison/Mickens/Schroeder. I don't think Berrian, Harvin, and Rice are at that level...yet. Harvin is going to be very good though, and Rice is finding his groove lately.

I don't know enough about the mid-90's O-line to make a judgement there, but I know the Vikings have a damn good one right now.

Like it or not Packer fans, this Vikings team is Super Bowl caliber.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take the Vikes D-line over Reggie, Gilbert, Dotson, and Sean Jones. Yes, I just said that. The numbers say the Vikings rush defense is the best in history. And it's because of their line play with the Williams Wall and Allen. Add in the fact that Allen is playing like a white Reggie this year and it's at the very least a wash.
What? Blasphemy! Reggie White alone was a lot better than their whole line together. The guy was the best DL of all time. 0.85 sacks and 4,5 tackles per game in his whole career. In Philly, he had more sacks than games! Gilbert was a moster as good as, if not better than Pat Williams. Kevin is better than Dotson was, but Jones was better than Edwards is. I don't even think that their DL is the best in the NFL. The Giants have a far superior one, specially if you take into consideration that the DL rotates during the game.
-
Favre was full of **** when he said that a team that never won a playoff game is better than one that went to 2 superbowls and a lot of playoff games... The only thing they got better than those teams is Peterson, and Hutchinson.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? Blasphemy! Reggie White alone was a lot better than their whole line together. The guy was the best DL of all time. 0.85 sacks and 4,5 tackles per game in his whole career. In Philly, he had more sacks than games! Gilbert was a moster as good as, if not better than Pat Williams. Kevin is better than Dotson was, but Jones was better than Edwards is. I don't even think that their DL is the best in the NFL. The Giants have a far superior one, specially if you take into consideration that the DL rotates during the game.
-
Favre was full of **** when he said that a team that never won a playoff game is better than one that went to 2 superbowls and a lot of playoff games... The only thing they got better than those teams is Peterson, and Hutchinson.
lol:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the talent level of those teams compared to the current Vikings is closer than you'd think.

The mid-90's Packes had a better secondary though, with Butler, Evans, Newsome/Williams, and Eugene/Teague. Also they have a better receiver core with Freeman, Brooks, and Rison/Mickens/Schroeder. I don't think Berrian, Harvin, and Rice are at that level...yet. Harvin is going to be very good though, and Rice is finding his groove lately.

I don't know enough about the mid-90's O-line to make a judgement there, but I know the Vikings have a damn good one right now.

Can't argue with that but the one thing that scares me as a Viking fan is Brad Childress

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Vike's defense is like Green Bay's offense - ONE DIMENSIONAL.

Minny's defense overall is ranked #14.
Minny's rush defense is #10.
Minny's pass defense is #18. (225 yards per game).
Minny's yards allowed is #14 (310 yards per game).
Minny's scoring defense is #10 (18 ppg).

When you factor in Minny's inability to stop the pass, the "average" to just about an average defense. The 1996 Packers defense was smothering in every facet.

1996 Green Bay overall D was ranked #1.
GB's rush defense was #4.
GB's pass defense was #1 (171 yards per game allowed).
GB's yards allowed was #1 (259 yards per game)
GB's scoring defense was #1 (13.1 ppg)

So, you can see that Minnesota is NOT currently a Super Bowl-caliber defense. This will need to change, or they will need to get extremely luck with match-ups in the playoffs. Maybe NEXT year, if Minny infuses some additional talent, but not this year, much to my chagrin.:stinker:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vike's defense is like Green Bay's offense - ONE DIMENSIONAL.

Minny's defense overall is ranked #14.
Minny's rush defense is #10.
Minny's pass defense is #18. (225 yards per game).
Minny's yards allowed is #14 (310 yards per game).
Minny's scoring defense is #10 (18 ppg).

When you factor in Minny's inability to stop the pass, the "average" to just about an average defense. The 1996 Packers defense was smothering in every facet.

1996 Green Bay overall D was ranked #1.
GB's rush defense was #4.
GB's pass defense was #1 (171 yards per game allowed).
GB's yards allowed was #1 (259 yards per game)
GB's scoring defense was #1 (13.1 ppg)

So, you can see that Minnesota is NOT currently a Super Bowl-caliber defense. This will need to change, or they will need to get extremely luck with match-ups in the playoffs. Maybe NEXT year, if Minny infuses some additional talent, but not this year, much to my chagrin.:stinker:
Great post. Everybody talks about that SB team and only mentions BF, rightfully so, he was the best player in the league, but that team was the whole deal.

And not only the D was stellar, the unit that actually made the most difference in SB XXXI was ST. When the momentum was starting to change, Desmond Howard seals the deal with that sweet, sweet return for TD.
-
But hey, let's stop talking about SB wins, it's making Skol Guy jealous. :jester:

Members online

Latest posts