This Is My Take On The Pack!!! Whats Yours?

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Am A Lifetime Long Packers Fan. I'm 27 And Have Watched And Cheered For Them Since I Can Remember. No Matter What They Will Always Be My Favorite Sports Team. I Love The Brewers And Bucks Too But Green Bay Packers Is In My Blood. Now Yes That Defense Does Not Look The Same As The Preseason But They Are Not Horrible. I Truly Believe That They Have An All Star Defense And They Will Get Better As The Year Rolls On As Long As The Bring Way More Pressure. Now My Bone To Pick Is With That Awful Awful Offensive Line. They Are Probably The Worst I Can Remember. To Me Offense Starts At The Line. If They Cant Block And Allow Rodgers Time For The Receivers To Run There Routes Or Open Up Holes For Grant Then They Will Not Make It To The Playoffs. Even Worse Rodgers Probably Will Get Hurt And If That Happens Kiss The Season Goodbye With Matt Flynn. I Thought That This Would Be More Of A Concern For Them After Last Year Which Is Starting To Look Just Like That. I'm Not A Coach And Don't Get Payed Big Bucks So I Really Don't Know What To Do. All I Know Is If They Can Get That Line To F*ckin Block And Open Holes Then They Will Be Good In The Stretch. If Not Kiss This Season Goodbye Again. I Love The Pack No Matter If They Don't Get To The Playoffs But Damn After This Preseason I Thought We Had A Lot Better Team. I Hope They Get It Together Fast. We MUST Beat Favre In Lambeau. Whats Your Take On The Pack Thus Far.

Milwaukee Pack Fan

:viksux: :chisux: :detsux:

OP
OP
M

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Agree Ted Thomson Is A Dip ****. He Looks Like An Owl And Makes Bad Choices. Mike McCarthy Is Right Behind Him. If This Is A Repeat Of Last Year Then Heads Need To Roll And Instead Of Cutting Players They Better Start Cutting Some High End Positions In The Front Office. I Will Not Give Up On Them Tho Until The Seasons Over But Damn They Need 2 Do Something Quick. I Just Don't Understand Why They Thought That They Had A Good Offensive Line After Last Year. They Really Made No Changes And They Look Just Like Last Year At 4 Games In. Hopefully They Will Start To Peak Towards The End Of The Year. I Believe In Mike And I Know He Can Do It But If Not I Want Him Gone. Maybe Holmgren Will Come Back. LOL.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has that spanky look to him if you ask me and Ted looks like he is senile or will be someday.Murphy should make a move if a repeat of last year happens

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and Chillie has that look like a bald, old, about-to-be-canned, marginal college coordinator who's in over his head, until a castoff Packer rides into town in a fit of revenge to carry the Violet and Yellow into yet another first-round playoff beat down.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and Chillie has that look like a bald, old, about-to-be-canned, marginal college coordinator who's in over his head, until a castoff Packer rides into town in a fit of revenge to carry the Violet and Yellow into yet another first-round playoff beat down.

At least they are making the playoffs. Do you really think the Pack is getting in this year? Put your bias aside and look at the situation honestly...

OP
OP
M

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Totally Agree!!!! They Have Some Great Players. Most Are The Same As The NFC Championship Team 2 Years Ago. There Is Absolutely No Reason They Should Be Playing Like This. When These Types Of Things Happen U Have To Blame The Coaching Staff. They Have A Good Team But When Are They Going To Play Like They Are??? Almost Lost To The Bears. Lost To The BENGALS. Did Not Look Great Against The Horrible Rams And Did Not Look Good Against The Vikes. I Am Starting To Dread The Second Half Of The Season. The Cowboys, 49ers, Ravens, Steelers. Those I Feel Will Be Alot Harder Then The Vikings. I'm So Pissed Off Damn.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
At least they are making the playoffs. Do you really think the Pack is getting in this year? Put your bias aside and look at the situation honestly...

pbateman ... do I think that the Pack are making the playoffs this year? 4 games in? No. I'm sticking with my original guess at 8-8 ... same as I predicted last year (which proved to be optimistic).

So... let me guess, when the Pack's first team offense and defense was running over people in pre-season ... were you readying yourself for a deep playoffs run?? My bias has zero to do with how I watch the game, matter of fact, I called the Vikies to win because they have more talent individually.

Now that I've answered your question. Answer mine if you're a Packers fan ... if you're not, don't bother. Here goes: In 2007, aside from the 13-3 record ... were the Packers REALLY a 13-3 team? ...and did you buy into the hype?

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pbateman ... do I think that the Pack are making the playoffs this year? 4 games in? No. I'm sticking with my original guess at 8-8 ... same as I predicted last year (which proved to be optimistic).

So... let me guess, when the Pack's first team offense and defense was running over people in pre-season ... were you readying yourself for a deep playoffs run?? My bias has zero to do with how I watch the game, matter of fact, I called the Vikies to win because they have more talent individually.

Now that I've answered your question. Answer mine if you're a Packers fan ... if you're not, don't bother. Here goes: In 2007, aside from the 13-3 record ... were the Packers REALLY a 13-3 team? ...and did you buy into the hype?

They probably were not as good as their record, but they played like a much more cohesive unit and didn't appear to be plagued by the issues we've seen last year and so far this year. In 2007 they did what most teams who make a deep playoff run do, they got hot at the right time and rode some momentum into the NFC title game.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was all this honest debate about the offensive line in 2005 when I began the crusade to shore it up? All I received was rhetoric about how TT was building thru the draft and was not falling in the mortgaging -the-future trap. I thought it was a mistake then and TT is proving me wise beyond my years.

Look, the Packers are a fine football team. Does anybody realize they never punted the football last nite and had only the lost fumble and one interception and safety??? If Rodgers would have made a few plays with his feet and arm, the score undoubtedly would have been much different.

So, I think it's a little late in the game to call for TT's head. All I wanted from him was either a top-notch FA or two, or a bona-fide 1st round selection for an O-lineman. It's painfully obvious NOW that our passing offense is pretty much unstoppable if Rodgers gets time to throw and gets rid of the ball like a WCO QB is supposed to. It's just a shame that we're potentially going to waste another year because TT wanted to prove his point that you can field a top-notch NFL O-line with 4th round draft talent. Wolf could pull it off, but TT has failed.

Hang in there lads. The Packers have a cupcake of a schedule and will beat Minnesota at home, which leaves a split for the season which is usually how we end up playing Minny when both teams are fairly equal in talent - which has been the case over the past 20 years, give or take.

OP
OP
M

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Agree Again. They Have A Great Team With All Star Players IMO. If That Line Could Somehow Get Better Then They Can Make It Deep In The Playoffs. Other Then The O-Line The Rest Of The Team Is Good Aside A Few Players. Im Just So Sick Of Being Pumped Up About Another Season Just To Be Let Down. Im Gonna Stick With Them 2 The End Of The Season And If Its Another 6-10 Or 8-8 Season Then Some Front Office Personal Needs To Get Canned. This Team Has To Many Good Players To Have Another Season Like Last. Go Pack Go!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I'm loving the optimism in this thread. I get sick of hearing people B**ch incessantly about MM and TT and everything else that hasn't gone right so far. Support the Pack whoo! The seasons only in the early stages. A lot can happen by the Playoffs. Just ask the Cards last year and the Giants the year before that and the Steelers the year or two before that.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get sick of hearing people B**ch incessantly about MM and TT and everything else that hasn't gone right so far.
I'm sick of Rodgers laying on his back all the time. Ted Thompson has drafted 10 offensive linemen over five years, and the McCarthy has 4 years to develop them, and this is what we get?

20 sacks in 4 games. I'm supposed to be happy about that?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope you're not happy about it. I'm certainly not, but the Packers are my team and I'm going to support them no matter what happens.
So because I criticize the coaches for not doing their job, I am not supporting the team? I have spent thousands of dollars traveling from Missouri, to attend games at Lambeau, and road games as well. I was at the last game of the season last year against Detroit, freezing my *** off for a 6-10 team.

I support the team just fine.

OP
OP
M

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me Too. If Your Already Counting The Pack Out Then Your Not A True Fan Because No Matter What This Is Our Team. We Have 2 Stay Positive. I'm Not Going To Be Like The Pack Sucks So I'm A Bears Fan Or Queen Fan Or Giants Fan Or Cowboys Fan Or Who Ever's Hot That Year. That's Ludicrous. I Have My Right I Feel As A True Fan To Criticize When It Needs To Be Criticized. As Much As It Hurts I'm Behind MM And TT. They Have Made Mistakes But Give Them To The End Of The Year. Like I Said If Its Another Year Like Last U Have To Put The Blame On Them. There's No Reason With This Team They Should Be Sitting At Home Come January. I Think Mike Holmgren Will Be Back Next Year Maybe......GB? Look If They Didn't Let Favre Go Then A Rod Would Have Left And He Is A GREAT Possibly Legacy QB. Our Kids Will Look At Him Like We Looked At Favre. He Has Favre Potential.This Is A Great Team With Good Coaches. I Believe They Will Start 2 Peak Come December And That's Just What We Want. Get This Craziness Out Now.

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is MY take on the Packers today..

"Anyone who supports Ted Thompson after the Viking game, is a TT ballwasher.
I think it was Parcells who said “You are what your record says you are”, and TT’s career losing record of 33-35 proves him to be a loser.
At this point, anyone who is still defending TT is a TT fan, not a Packer fan, as they don’t care about the good of the team as much as they do their incompetent hero and they must be doing so for non-football reasons.
TT should be fired today, not at the end of the season. The bye week would be a good time for a fresh start.
He should never have been hired in the first place, so Murphy should just acknowledge that Harlan made a terrible mistake and move on. Anyone who can’t see that is blinded by their love of TT, not the Packers."

and also..

"
This is the difference between Favre and Rodgers…(Read it..Remember it..Know it!)

“The quickness of his (Favre's) decisions trumped the strength of his arm. That’s what Vikings fans have been missing in big games for years — a quarterback who can read a defense like it was a fast-food menu, and deliver quicker than a pizza guy with a new Camaro and heavy debt.”
That’s the diff between FAVRE and AROD…Favre can and AROD can’t.
“THE DIFFERENCE IS:
Aaron Rodgers is an ok quarterback but the problem with the Packers is that they DON”T have a leader. Brett Favre is also a gifted quarterback (despite turning 40 on Saturday) but the difference between the two QB’s is ….Brett Favre is a LEADER ! If you don’t believe that….just ask his teammates, past and present! They believe in him…they did in Green Bay as they do now in Minnesota!
posted by marcom on Oct. 6, 09 at 5:41 AM |
10 of 12 people liked this comment.
Maybe premature to say this, but last nights performance makes me wonder what might have happened if Favre were on a “good team” for most of his previous 16 years?
posted by Moderate on Oct. 6, 09 at 6:22 AM |
5 of 6 people liked this comment.
Rodgers
Good QB. Great Stats. 8-12 record as a starter. He is the new Packer version of Lynn ****ey."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think it was Parcells who said “You are what your record says you are”, and TT’s career losing record of 33-35 proves him to be a loser.
At this point, anyone who is still defending TT is a TT fan, not a Packer fan, as they don’t care about the good of the team as much as they do their incompetent hero and they must be doing so for non-football reasons.
TT should be fired today, not at the end of the season. The bye week would be a good time for a fresh start.
He should never have been hired in the first place, so Murphy should just acknowledge that Harlan made a terrible mistake and move on. Anyone who can’t see that is blinded by their love of TT, not the Packers."

and also..

"
This is the difference between Favre and Rodgers…(Read it..Remember it..Know it!)

“The quickness of his (Favre's) decisions trumped the strength of his arm. That’s what Vikings fans have been missing in big games for years — a quarterback who can read a defense like it was a fast-food menu, and deliver quicker than a pizza guy with a new Camaro and heavy debt.”
“THE DIFFERENCE IS:
Aaron Rodgers is an ok quarterback but the problem with the Packers is that they DON”T have a leader. Brett Favre is also a gifted quarterback (despite turning 40 on Saturday) but the difference between the two QB’s is ….Brett Favre is a LEADER ! If you don’t believe that….just ask his teammates, past and present! They believe in him…they did in Green Bay as they do now in Minnesota!
Maybe premature to say this, but last nights performance makes me wonder what might have happened if Favre were on a “good team” for most of his previous 16 years?
Rodgers
Good QB. Great Stats. 8-12 record as a starter. He is the new Packer version of Lynn ****ey."

Why is "your take" comments from others on the star tribune comment section?

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi

and also..

"

“THE DIFFERENCE IS:
Rodgers

This is what I hate. When a team gets a new QB people are inclined to say they don't have a leader. How the F does anyone except his teammates and coaches know what kind of a leader Rodgers is? The fact is I have never heard a Packers player or coach question A Rod or his leadership abilities.

Here's what we can see. Rodgers does lead by his actions. To get sacked 8 times and still throw for almost 400 yds and 2 TD's just shows his resilience to adversity.

He's definitely a competitor. You can see it at the end of every game when they are behind. The long pass to Jennings at the end of the Bears game. Bringing them down the field to tie it against the Bengals. (I'm not saying that they would have tied it if not for Jennings not being lined up, but Rodgers was on fire. Giving them a chance to win against the Vikings. Maybe if they could have got one of the onside kicks they could have scored.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
My take is that the Packers simply aren't as good as we thought they'd be. They have holes on both lines, they can't rush the passer, Al Harris is becoming increasingly useless by the day, and we can't run the ball.

There are no quick fixes for those. I think we're in for a season where we end up around .500

I miss the preseason. I don't remember A-Rod being killed then. What happened?

OP
OP
M

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I Don't Know What Happened From The Preseason To Now. Its Weird. I Feel The Same Way I Don't Think There Is A Quick Fix. Bringing Taucher Back Is Not Going To Make A Huge Difference. Look At Last Year. I Thought Going Into Last Season That We Had A Good Team. I Thought This Season We Had A Good Team. I Still Think We Do I Just Don't Understand Why They Can Never Get It Together. There's Way To Much Talent For That. You Have To Put The Blame On TT And MM. I Hope Murphy Makes Good Decisions Come The Off Season If This Is Another Average Year. Al Harris And Nick Barnett Look Bad To Me. They Have To Get Some Vets Where We Are Struggling On That Line IMO. Bottom Line. Like I Stated Earlier I Wouldn't Mind Seeing Holmgren Come Back Next Year. What Do U Think?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not chastise people for expressing their honest opinions - be it pro or anti-establishment.

The situation is not difficult. We understand TT is very good at what he does. We also realize TT has a few significant holes in his game that are retarding the overall growth of the Packers football team. What to do? Do we dump TT and move in another direction? Do we pressure the board to pressure TT to realize where his limitations lie???

Mark Tauscher is a great example of TT's limitations. What if Tauscher were not available? Imagine of Barbre struggled only half as much this season? Barbre would continue to play inconsistently, but TT would never bring Tausch back because Tausch falls outside the range of age in which TT feels players can be productive. TT's a big bell-curve guy, as am I, but his problem is he refuses to accept some players do happen to fall in the fringe areas, a la Brett Favre, Mark Tauscher, etc.

I can tell you one thing for certain: Having the unfortunate pleasure of catching that shot of TT during the Monday night game gave me a seriously uneasy feeling. There's something VERY creepy about this man. I just wanted to jump into the shower and cleanse myself after that unsettling imagery.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not chastise people for expressing their honest opinions - be it pro or anti-establishment.

The situation is not difficult. We understand TT is very good at what he does. We also realize TT has a few significant holes in his game that are retarding the overall growth of the Packers football team. What to do? Do we dump TT and move in another direction? Do we pressure the board to pressure TT to realize where his limitations lie???

Mark Tauscher is a great example of TT's limitations. What if Tauscher were not available? Imagine of Barbre struggled only half as much this season? Barbre would continue to play inconsistently, but TT would never bring Tausch back because Tausch falls outside the range of age in which TT feels players can be productive. TT's a big bell-curve guy, as am I, but his problem is he refuses to accept some players do happen to fall in the fringe areas, a la Brett Favre, Mark Tauscher, etc.

I can tell you one thing for certain: Having the unfortunate pleasure of catching that shot of TT during the Monday night game gave me a seriously uneasy feeling. There's something VERY creepy about this man. I just wanted to jump into the shower and cleanse myself after that unsettling imagery.
Agreed on almost everything, except on the creepy part. LOL about that...

I think TT's problem is that he overconsiders the market value. He just thinks too much about the financial point in deals, and if the deal isn't clearly favoring the Packers, with rare exceptions, he won't do it. Canty is an example of that.

I think he has made a lot of good moves, but in the end he had 5 years to rebuild, and it hasn't been complete. It comes down to sucess on the field, not on the cap space.

Members online

Latest posts