This is late I know- Been thinking recently about it

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so what if Alex Smith was a packer and had watched Favre for years before becoming a starter would he be better than Rodgers or not?

Imagine Rodgers was a starter for the 49'ers

Do you think Alex Smith is playing well atm for the 49'ers?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might be biased because I think Rodgers is the bees knees, but I don't think things would have turned out much different. Even at the 2005 Draft I thought Rodgers was a much better QB than Smith. I remember that Draft day I didn't even watch the draft, I came home and turned on the computer and saw that Rodgers fell and was drafted by us, and all I could say was HOLY S***! I just don't think Smith would have turned out good either way, maybe I'm being a bit too harsh on him. I think if Rodgers went to San Fran, well they would be contending with Arizona right now.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to say. But I do think sitting for a few years would have helped him. I'm not a fan of drafting and starting a guy right away as it seems to me that it can do more harm that good. Not only that I believe that he had his oc change a few times in the first couple of years as well. But we will never know. I do hope it turns out good for the kid, I don't like seeing busts. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a buzz around you comming out of college and then becoming a big disappointment.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smith lacks the arm strenght. He might have been good if he had stayed with the same OC and hadn't been hurt, but big what ifs... He didn't have arm strenght and had never played in a pro-style offense in college, and left as a junior...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's amazing is the lack of great Quarterbacks in this Draft. There's Rodgers...and well that's it. The only 2 decent QB's I can find from that draft is Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton, and they are decent at best.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm sure there a more than a couple of GMs from other teams kicking themselves for passing on Rodgers before TT snapped him up! We really got lucky guys! There are too many teams that take decades to find replacements for their former HOF QBs. :)

Troides

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, pretty much all those QB's ended up being terrible. And I have to say, that was one of the best puns I have ever seen.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I was really pleased when we got Rogers. I just didn't think he would stick around long enough for us to play him. I figured another team would have traded for him and we'd see him playing for some other SB bound team like the Cowboys.

After the game in Dallas, in 06, when he came in to relieve Farvea nd damn near brought us back I knew he would be great. I remember telling my mailman that "Rogers is good enough to take us to the SB"! I remember the guy just stared at me like I was crazy.

Members online

Latest posts