This is a draft I would love

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i havent seen such a deep mock draft like that online (besides the ones us knuckleheads make. hayuk). I dont know who the 2nd round LB is, but i like the order of DE,LB,RB in the 1-2-3.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what? You don't know who bobby carpenter is?

He played with Hawk at Ohio, and I don't think he will fall to 2nd round, that would be very good for us :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know a lot about college ball.

i only know calhoun cuz people say his name every mock draft.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh I like ti but I dont know about taking calhoun I mean I really like him and think hes good but do we really need a RB

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be great. Especially if they could sign an ILB and move Barnett outside. We would be going from very average to very good real quick.
I'm not sold on Calhoun though. Especially after the combine where he posted a very poor 40yd dash.
He's a third down type back in the NFL with his size and it's not very comforting to know he lacks that speed. He finished WAY down the list of RB's in the 40 and with his size that's not good.
The speed in the NFL is a whole different world than in college.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahman and gado to split the bulk of the carries, look elsewhere than RB in the draft...

one of the best mocks (outcome for the pack-wise) that i've seen yet...

give me Williams, Abdul Hodge and Alan Zemaitis

ok, i'll edit this post and say...dont get your hopes up with thompson drafting, last year we had three picks in the top 60--i wanted three defensive guys, we got one, one of whom no one ever heard of, and surprisingly enough nick collins was our only day one pick not to look like a dissapointment and/or break his neck...thompson has a system to draft on BPA, best player available, as much as i think we need D, dont count on it

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT had to take rodgers you just cant pass up talent and ratings he had think about it were gonna need a QB in a couple years oh look a QB who was rated as high as #1 we could put him under favres wing for 2 years then he would be really good when the time comes. he had too

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter broke his leg last year, he wanted to play in The Fiesta Bowl but the coaches would not let him, he has recovered from the injury and it would be great if he would fall to us in the second round, if AJ Hawk is rated the best LB in the draft, Carpenter is in the top 4 or 5.

I agree with most, I don't think we draft a RB in the 3rd round, as bad as it got last year we found a couple of keepers in Gado and Herron, with Green already signed, I think we either go db in the 3rd round or OL.

Reaction score
I've heard Carpenter could be the steal of the draft (don't remember where). As Buckeye said, many people believe he is a great prospect, but his injury is what will drop him. Definitly agree when you say he is in the top 5.

OP
OP
A

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calhoun's stock just went up again as he ran a 4.38 40 yesterday at Pro day at Wisconsin. I think he would be a great fit. Green is coming off a devastating injury that is tough to come back from. Gado is also coming off an injury and still has a lot to prove.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we learned last year you can never have enough running backs, Taking Calhoun is a possibility, I guess it depends on what TT does the next few weeks. We still have Fisher and Davenport who can be signed, if they go elsewhere and we don't sign a FA rb then we will definately be looking for a rb in the draft.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have no idea whether Ahman ever returns to form. A back will and should be drafted this year, just a matter of what round.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concern with Carpenter is...did he look so good at Ohio State because he played next to Hawk? I only saw him play a couple games so I will defer to Buckeyepackfan. He seems to know his football and obviously follows Ohio St.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carpenter will not be there in round 2 and Calhoun is not worth a third round pick. Take the RB from Washington State in the fourth for depth and special teams help. He lead the nation in rushing and played for a bad team in the PAC 10.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MM goes back to a "true" WCO, as he has stated, the TE and RB will be a bigger part of the offense, and any RB will have to have good receiving skills. We have a banger in Ahman, and to some extent, Gado. Look at Calhoun or Joseph Addai if the Packers wish to address RB in Rds 2 or 3. If later, Jerrious Norwood is an exciting player. All are smaller, but that is what a team should have...a hammer and a speedster.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will make a prediction that the Pack will sign this Austin kid out of Manmouth college in the 4th or 5th round. He's a big WR with good hands and fits in the WCO well.
Just a prediction. Who knows. But they always seem to grab a sleeper no one is really thinking about much and they often prove to be a good pick.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other then WISCONSIN players, i don't know much about the college prospects. Thats why i'm glad you guys (and gals) fill me in on who looks good or bad. THANKS!!!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like a good early round draft to me; now only if it came to fruition. It definitely would fill some gapping holes.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Carpenter will not be there in round 2 and Calhoun is not worth a third round pick. Take the RB from Washington State in the fourth for depth and special teams help. He lead the nation in rushing and played for a bad team in the PAC 10.

Calhoun in the second will be a steal let alone the third, did you watch the bowl game against Auburn. Calhoun is right behind Bush and Williams in this draft. Would be a premier third down back and could change games. If there with there second pick, take him and grab a LB in a deep LB draft.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs said: " but that is what a team should have...a hammer and a speedster."
I'll second that.
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs said: " but that is what a team should have...a hammer and a speedster."
I'll second that.
Hammer