They gave this one Away.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the heck happened did the team realize that they had clinched a playoff spot before the game. This was another sloppy game that the Pack is showing up to the field too often with. Yet this one when we deserved to lose we did I hope this wakes the team up. I hate games like last week against Detroit when you win a game that you didn't play well in, you tend not to look at your faults as much as you should maybe now they will look closely at what they did wrong.
Later
Leopardmech

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It didn't help that they had utterly incompetent refs out there, the last two games have been some of the worst officiating I have ever seen, I thought Ed Hockuly was supposed to be a good ref...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least he didn't give Favre a penalty for tossing the ball to the umpire like he is supposed to... Funny that Favre laughed about it though. That was the only good call I think they made.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only the refs

Although the refs were absolutely horrible once again, we can lay this one at Bretts feet. Two of his three interceptions killed scoring drives and they were both his not the receivers. Our confused defense didn't help anything either.
Confusion in week 15 and stupid penalties are the result of incompitent coaching.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree turnovers didn't help but it wasn't all Brett, Green fumbled inside the ten. You also have to remember the packers D gave up points after having them stopped on third down only to have a bogus call keep the drive alive.

jaggernaut1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious how anyone could think that the refs didn't give the Pack every benefit on the final drive. That pass interference call was a freebie. And the early defensive score???? Wow, I love Leftwich and all, but he must be really great to be able to "fumble" a 10 yard spiral. That play should have been call and incomplete pass on the field. Still, I admit that Naeole should have fallen on it until there was a whistle. That was dumb on his part.

It was a great game, and I have a lot of respect for your team, history, and the vast majority of the fans. Good luck in the playoffs.

OP
OP
L

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious how anyone could think that the refs didn't give the Pack every benefit on the final drive.
I guess if you think that way then the refs were probably just trying to make even for all the crap they called in the previous 58 minutes. I must say however that the refs were not the reason the Pack lost, they lost because on this "Given Sunday" they played like crap.
Later Leopardmech

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jaggernaut1 said:
I'm curious how anyone could think that the refs didn't give the Pack every benefit on the final drive. That pass interference call was a freebie. And the early defensive score???? Wow, I love Leftwich and all, but he must be really great to be able to "fumble" a 10 yard spiral. That play should have been call and incomplete pass on the field. Still, I admit that Naeole should have fallen on it until there was a whistle. That was dumb on his part.

It was a great game, and I have a lot of respect for your team, history, and the vast majority of the fans. Good luck in the playoffs.

They gave the Pack the benefit on the last drive??? Driver was pulled down from behind apparently that isn't pass interference.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody should be blaming this loss on the refs, thats idiotic. referees make bad calls every single game. sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. the fact is the packers should have had about 16 more points than they did...and thats still completely avoiding the topic of packer's defense.

for some reason, we decided to try to score again around the 3 minute mark.

maybe we should run the 2 minute offense the entire game??

Members online

Latest posts