the wind has been knocked out of my sails...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monday I was very bitter at school and work..

You guys know how positive and optimistic i am..but man...I hate losing...it takes 3-4 days to rebound.

Who else is hurt?

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Mondays always suck *** after a Packers loss (sometimes it's Tuesday.) And that was coupled with my Red Sox losin to the evil empire. At least in baseball you can always win the next day.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it from MY perspective -----

I had a whole room FULL of Cheeseheads - over 100 Packerfans came down for the game. And by the end of the 3rd quarter, the only thing keepin' 'em from leavin' was the events and games we had goin' on...

We had plenty to chew on for the Group - one announcement after the other...
BUT THAT GAME --- I let everyone know, it HAD to be Rossley callin' the plays...
But Brett losin' his grip on the ball? Hmmmm.....

Question: Does Flanny figure that Whitticker isn't doin' his job right?
That was the main point of attack by their D-Line... Yet, even Clifton was weak on his side.
Are these guys workin' on yoga tactics or what?

At least we had over a 100 fans show up - and a full room of Packerfans makes for a great time - no matter what!

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This last weekend was HORRIBLE for me. It started out great, watching some good college football on Saturday - GREAT time watching Texas vs. Ohio St. The trouble all started at the end of the LSU/ASU game. See, I'm a "transplant" down here in Arizona. I lived in Wisconsin until I was 21, and moved down here. I have stayed, and will always stay, a Packer/Badger fan. But, I also have become a Cardinal/Sun Devil fan. Well, as you know - ASU totally blew a very winnable upset vs. LSU. Then, on Sunday I was switching back and forth between the Cardinals and Packers (DirecTV rules). Whichever game I was watching made me want to switch to the other one - and the one I switched to was worse than the one I was just on. It was a constant downward spiral the entire afternoon. My only saving grace was that my fantasy football team won :roll:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Monday I was very bitter at school and work..

You guys know how positive and optimistic i am..but man...I hate losing...it takes 3-4 days to rebound.

Who else is hurt?

trom, its only one game and one week. we will rebound. think of the heavy losses of those in new orleans and the gulf coast due to katrina. things could be worse than sundays loss.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first time in years, I remained relaxed watching the game. The reason? I don't have lofty expectations for our beloved Pack this year. Why? Just look at them. I'm thinking maybe 9 -7 this year. Anything more will depend on Favre, and that's not too comfortable any more.

I figure that the offense will get it together once they get some games under their belts. For the first time in three years I was able to enjoy the Packers defense. Surely they'll have some problems but I'm a true believer in Bates.

All those from the NC know that I was a Sherman apologist but not any more. I gave up on him as a GM after he traded up to draft a punter. I now believe that Thompson made a mistake extending his contract. Under Sherman, the Packers just don't seem to get up for games - especially big ones. The teams they face, on the other hand, sure get up for them.

Another reason I was calm Sunday? The stinking Vikings lost !!!!!! If Sharper makes it to a Pro Bowl this year, I'll eat my hat.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the Lions game is one I had chalked up as a win. We play a NASTY schedule of Eagles, Falcons, Ravens, etc. so we have to win the ones we are expected to win. I don't have lofty expectations for this team but if you can't beat the Lions and the Browns, you are in trouble.
I damn well hope we come out better prepared this week.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Quote John Belushi in Animal House"

"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts