1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The return of Vernand Morency?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    What effects do think he will have, if any?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I say rest him for ONE more week, while Favre and company destroy the Vikings who have a bad pass D.

no need to rush it at this point. If we were 0-3, different story.

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'd say bench him for the week for a different reason. The reason is, the Vikings have a helluva stout defensive run defense. Their pass defense is horrid though.

4. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think you see morrency sit one more week... why throw him to the wolves(minnesota has one off the best run defenses in league)..... when we can rest him one more week and use just wynn baby as well as jackson and grant

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think if he can play then play him but don't let him shoulder the load against the Vikings. I would use Minnesota as a game for him to work out the "kinks" and get a feel for playing again.

As for his impact. I'm hoping he is the spark in our running game. The coaches have high hopes for him and they've been right on most of the things so far so hopefully it's one more. I read that he was having a great off season before the injury.

6. °Jacob°

°Jacob° Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    packers really have almost no running game right now.... but im not sure they need it that much the way there playing :) .... anyway im sure he'll do well but i don't think he'll become a key player, he'll just be one of the guys that is just another player that you don't really notice but he won't do bad probably.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    We have a stout ranked 32nd running game right now.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he might be the "explosive" back our O needs.

By explosive, I mean the out and out fast (/quick) RB that would allow us to have running plays around the tackles, instead of just between.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have 3 RBs right now besides Mo. Rest Mo, and let our other 3 split the carries after we go up by 14 points. Until then, break the Vikings' D with Favre's passing.

10. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree. Might as well let him come back fully healed and fresh to go. No need to risk extending his injury at this point.

I definitely think he will help us out if he comes back fully recovered.

11. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    He can't really hurt our anemic running game anymore than it already has been. Wynn and Jackson do a decent job sharing the load when they are able to run the football. As mentioned above, no need to rush him back.

12. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Morency is our best pure runner. It'd be nice to get him out there for a couple plays just to build some confidence.

13. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Play him when he's ready. We got division rivals for the next two weeks, so we need all the help we can get.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If he IS healthy, play him to get him ready for tougher games. If he's questionable, sit him.
    He needs the work IF he is truely healed.

15. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a divisional matchup on the road -- play to win. If Morency is ready to play, then get him in there. The team can't afford to let success go to their heads. This will not be an easy game, walk in the park. Minny always plays us tough, especially in Minny. It would be foolish to relax and believe that we don't need a key player.

Also, we need to improve our running game because teams will just adjust to us passing it 45 times/game. Keep the defense honest, slow the pass rush and open up options, these are all things that a running game can do for us. Our passing attack was on fire yesterday without play action, but just think how good it could be with a rushing threat?

GO PACK GO!!!

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    When given the chance I thought he was 'ok'.

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    caught the ball out of the backfield well this week.

we will be ok at running back. ill keep saying it until it sinks in.

"no need to worry about the running game, until we actually use/need it and its proven ineffective" then its at least a little more acceptable to panic like hell.

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing that concerns me was the fumble. If I remember, he has a reputation for putting the ball on the ground. I still think DeShawn Wynn is the best RB we have on the roster right now (best combination of size, power and speed that is).

19. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Play Morency... He can't be any worse than what we already have.

Of course its the mighty Bears coming up and they are known for their defense but, THAT is when we need all the best players isn't it?

20. gado35

gado35 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Morency will do fine. He only had one carry yesterday and it went for 2 yards. He knows the O-line better than anyone and im pretty sure he averaged 4.5 yards per carry last year.
    He needs a week to get back into "football shape" and to be able to shake off some rust.
    I bet he has a big game next week vs. the bears.