The rest of the way

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm making an assumption the Packers can win the North Division with an 9-7 record.

That means they have to go 8-3 the rest of the way(without Walker, Davenport, Green at half-speed, and a host of minor injuries).

With the remaining games....can it be done?

Away games
Vikings
Bengals
Falcons
Eagles
Bears
Ravens

Home games
Steelers
Vikings
Lions
Bears
Seahawks

Can you find 8 victories? The Vikings once, Bears twice, Lions, Seahawks,
Ravens are having a bad year. That's six.

They won't be favored over the Eagles, though they look less formidable each week. The Steelers are damn tough, though they struggled to top the Chargers and as of today Big Ben is injured. Bengals and Falcons are winnable, but both teams are fast and aggressive.

I'm assuming losses to the Steelers, Eagles, maybe the Falcons. The Vikings and Bengals games will be the season for the Packers. Wins, and they are back in it. Even one loss and the season is basically toast.

How do you see it?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it really depends on WHICH Packer team shows up on the field. If they sleep walk thru the 1st half of any of the games they will lose. If they come out and make a real effort (and that starts with the coaches and goes all the way down) they could win any of those games even with the injuries.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like every game in the NFL is a crapshoot. If they can play with some consistency and win their divisional games they will be alright.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, according to our Sunday paper (in MN), Fred Smoot said that the Vikings are going to take the division because they are going to be 13-3. Now, that is what I call confidence.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Well, according to our Sunday paper (in MN), Fred Smoot said that the Vikings are going to take the division because they are going to be 13-3. Now, that is what I call confidence.

Fred is a Smoot if he truly believes the Vikes will go 13-3. He should be given a saliva test.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

In a related story, fred smoot has been arrested for smoking crack.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

You call it confidence and I call it that Smoot is a guy who doesn't know that you always give the wins first in the record, not the losses. 3-13 sounds more realistic than 13-3! :D

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I'm making an assumption the Packers can win the North Division with an 9-7 record.

That means they have to go 8-3 the rest of the way(without Walker, Davenport, Green at half-speed, and a host of minor injuries).

With the remaining games....can it be done?

Away games
Vikings
Bengals
Falcons
Eagles
Bears
Ravens

Home games
Steelers
Vikings
Lions
Bears
Seahawks

I believe you can win the division at 8-8 honestly. And yeah you can win:

Bears (twice)
Vikes (would have to win both of these)
Lions
Ravens
and probably Seattle or an upset of one of the others.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I can see the NFC is weak and any team can win it. Philly is supose to be the best and they got rolled by Dallas. The NFC norht is also up for grabs. I think the packers will sweep the vikes, beat the Lions, Ravens, Seahawks, Bears twice and Eagles.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any team on that list that we CAN't beat so I'll just say...

We are going to win the rest of 'em!!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a BYE WEEK - after that...?

I'd offer that first, (as a friend and I discussed) - his comment was this: We must get past the Vikings, and then the Bengals... before we ever start talking PLayoffs, even in our own lowly Division! He's right - I offered back, that we have no choice but to send the Steelers packing with a capital "L"... It's the one Home game, that will make or break the rest of the Season for the Pack. And, I mean "attitude", the whole bit! Have you guys been watching the Steel Curtain these days? I'm sure Bates has been.... it'll be one of his biggest tests this Season. On Offense, against their Defense? I have NO IDEA what Sherman might try.. I'll be there... so I hope we win!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Lions lose the next 2 weeks, and if the Packers beat the Vikings in 2 weeks, the Packers could be tied for first with a 2-4 record.

That would be bad, but I'd gladly take it after an 0-4 start.

To me the key is we have to control our division games. If we do, I still think we can win our division. But our running game has to improve for that to happen in my opinion. It was great 2 years ago, and good last year. But while our defense has improved a little this year, our running game has taken a couple of steps back. I think the season hangs on how our running game performs the rest of the way, and with Davenport out, Green can't afford to miss much time the rest of the season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-7 is a definite possibility. A nice 6-8 game winning streak would be the ideal catalyst to turn the season into a success!!!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the lopsided Packer victory has any Bears fans, Vikings fans, and Lions fans a little nervous about the Packers and looking in their rear view mirror a little? Especially considering how the Packers came back the last 2 years after bad starts to win the division.

I haven't seen Bear fan Philtration post since the Packer victory to know if he feels this way or not. I was curious to hear his take on the lopsided Packer victory :p

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I wonder if the lopsided Packer victory has any Bears fans, Vikings fans, and Lions fans a little nervous about the Packers and looking in their rear view mirror a little? Especially considering how the Packers came back the last 2 years after bad starts to win the division.

I haven't seen Bear fan Philtration post since the Packer victory to know if he feels this way or not. I was curious to hear his take on the lopsided Packer victory :p
If he doesn't reply send him a PM. it should got to his email adress and he will have to come back and look it up.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His absense also happens to corrospond with the Bears losing by 10 points to Cleveland. The very same Cleveland he was so smug about the Packers losing by 2 point to.

Latest posts