The Randall Rule?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are some ugly hits . cobbs looked a lot worse then what it was.
They are ugly, and I am squeemish.
I hate these hits, even to my enemies.

And it's an intentional thing, as the hitters are saying, are a result of worries about their own $$$ from fines on the hits to the head area. So that means unless the league acts fast, we will see another big batch of these this season.
I don't want to see them. Even to Gronk, Vernon Davis, Greg Jennings, Calvin Johnson, anyone. Sadly, it might take Megatron getting his long leg snapped, ACL snapped, before the NFL acts.

As it took Brady getting his ACL snapped before they put in the "Brady Rule".

It's either that or lawsuits, that make the NFL act.
Greedy bastards, the Non-Profit 501c corporation.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's a new rule preventing low hits, in combination with the rules already preventing high hits, it's going to be even tougher on defenders.

Already, I've seen lots of hits where the defender was aimed to hit legally, but the receiver ended up lower, resulting in a penalty. Or the defender goes for the ball and accidentally hits a helmet too. Plus, all the terrible calls where the official wasn't sure if the hit was illegal so he just called it that way. Same type of things could happen if low hits are banned.

Can these players really be expected to only hit guys in one targeting zone at full speed? I don't think so.

Latest posts