The Onion has it right on Pro Bowl

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No One Shows Up For Pro Bowl

January 30, 2011 |
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NEW YORK—Despite the game having been scheduled well over a year ago, not a single person associated with the NFL—players, coaches, reporters, or stadium employees—arrived in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl on Sunday. "No one came," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said at a press conference. "I'd use this as an opportunity to reprimand those who failed to fulfill their duties, but, well, I didn't show up either. I hate the Pro Bowl. It sucks." Though Fox was forced to broadcast a blank screen in lieu of the game, the time slot boasted higher ratings than any Pro Bowl in history.
© Copyright 2011 Onion Inc. All rights reserved.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a nap inducer.
I write from experience from falling asleep last night.
It was a good nap.
It's like: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...Huh? Wha? He scored a touch down? Whatever. ZZZZZZZZZZ....
:snooze:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the whole thing. It was just comical to see and make fun of the lack of tackling. Helped I was in a chat room with a bunch of other football fans who were also watching it.

Last play of the game was embarrassingly hysterical.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had the game on, but it was just background noise to me, while I was doing schoolwork. I think they had a lot of interceptions, Hester muffed a punt, there was a crapload of scoring, and an offensive lineman scored a touchdown at the end of the game. How can a game with the score of 55-41 seem so boring?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
pro bowl should be played with something at stake. i watched it for the first time in years and wtf? no real tackling, no blitzing, everything from a 4-3 defense, the tight end has to be in every play

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With or without Packers it's boring and lame.
Never had an interest in it and never will.

JBlood is right.
The Onion did have it right.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
or at least the pro bowl should do more trick plays or have a thing like where fans vote on what play they wanna see and they can put up four options

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts