The Official Draft Day 2019 Thread

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably won't be on the forum tonight while I watch the draft, so thank you to all you knuckleheads for arguing with me for the past 5 months. I love talking draft. Let's go Pack.
Appreciate all the effort you put into the posts here. Stick around.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that were on pick 9 and there’s no trades yet.

Clellin ferrel was a surprise but I think he is one of the best players in the class

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that were on pick 9 and there’s no trades yet.

Clellin ferrel was a surprise but I think he is one of the best players in the class
He is very good, but there were better available. Also, he was surrounded by great players, so it remains to be seen how he does.

Was Daniel Jones to NYG a bigger surprise?

I'm just happy Ferrel and Jones going before the Pack pushes a better player down.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the new coaching regime has lots of guys with very recent college coaching experience. I expect that to have some influence over the next 3 days. Usually, it's only the scouts that have "their guys". This year the coaches do too...

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A month ago I would be superstoked with the pick. Now, not so much but I am low key optimistic. Clark Daniels and Gary with the Smiths on the EDGE sounds simply nasty. He is very versatile and he is gonna benefit a lot from not being the first defender accounted for

TXPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATED the idea of even considering Gary.

But a few days ago I saw someone illustrate how well he'd fit with Baltimore which is schematically similar to GB...basically moving Gary and Z. Smith all over the place on passing downs and letting them loop and slant to maximize their impact. Pettine should be able to scheme pressure with less blitzing.

I guess

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great another all potential no production oh and injured player just great. Jeez come back with Jeffrey Simmons at #30 and we can have 2 players with injury histories. I hope I am wrong.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great another all potential no production oh and injured player just great. Jeez come back with Jeffrey Simmons at #30 and we can have 2 players with injury histories. I hope I am wrong.
To be fair, Gary and Simmons in the 1st has just as much boom as bust potential.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out the first round, you see offense flying off the board? do you think there's a reason for that?

One thing is for sure, we will have to go all out on offense on day 2. I'd like to see the best receiving threat, be it a TE or WR and a versatile Oline guy taken with our 2nd and 3rd rounder

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR's are fine 2nd and later. WR's are all over the place. talent wise, there isn't much difference between first 4 rounds actually at that position.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR's are fine 2nd and later. WR's are all over the place. talent wise, there isn't much difference between first 4 rounds actually at that position.
Maybe, but if we dont pick one in round 2 we HAVE to get one in the third because the Savage trade ensured us that the following pick (in the 5th) will have a considerable talent drop off.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great day!!!!

I want two starters and an extra pick for tomorrow. I want a trade down. Good talent in this draft. I still don't think Arizona selects Murray. I believe he falls. Oakland will do something stupid as will the Jets. I have a felling there will be lots if movement in the first round.

1)) OG Chris Lindstrom
1a) WR N"Keal Henry

And an extra pick tomorrow.

Just guessing but you are not happy right now are you?

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess you're solely talking about this year. Otherwise I tend to disagree with you.

bsman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That went south pretty fast. Sure hope there are some useful WR or OL help we can pick up in later rounds...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts