The offense Sunday

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the our offense aggressively takes whatever the Lions are giving them and they don't concern themselves with establishing the run. If they're giving 5,8 10 yards over the middle, take it, if it's 6 yard outs,take it, etc. Only be concerned with chewing up yardage, time and scoring. I never believed you have to establish the run first, if you can it's nice, but you don't have to. You can run later when the defense is back on their heels.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe sherman will try to establish run first..and if it fails..we could be in trouble. thats how we lost to chicago last year. run run run....and they stuffed us..

lets hope contract year ahman green has some motivation from the get go.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that was Rossley's problem as a coordinator. If the run was working we were OK. If it was't we were screwed.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many people are over rating the Lions this year. Harrington is just about done and they have no replacement waiting in the wings. Their defense is poor at best with only one real playmaker, DE James Hall.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Da Mooch go out and sign Jeff George....LOL

We need to watch our coordination on that new turf they have....
The Lions will come out shocking everybody with the speed and a few trick plays causing the Pack to "need" to play catch up... that'll be Mooch's MO in the first half... and if Carroll starts (hope not), then Joey will pass on THAT side of the field all day to get the penalties and free yardage.

Wouldn't you?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration: You don't think Shawn Rogers and Dre Bly are playmakers?

One thing I expect to see from the Pack on offense is lots of rollouts by Favre, because it will be difficult for our interior linemen to secure the middle and give him room to step up. Plus, Favre is in better shape this year and has always thrown well while rolling out.

Also, I think Ferguson could have a good game. He will be working the slot against inferior DB's, which should be an advantage for him all season.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Watch Da Mooch go out and sign Jeff George....LOL

We need to watch our coordination on that new turf they have....
The Lions will come out shocking everybody with the speed and a few trick plays causing the Pack to "need" to play catch up... that'll be Mooch's MO in the first half... and if Carroll starts (hope not), then Joey will pass on THAT side of the field all day to get the penalties and free yardage.

Wouldn't you?

Always Jeff George. The old standby. Maybe da bears will get him. LOL. :twisted:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Philtration: You don't think Shawn Rogers and Dre Bly are playmakers?

One thing I expect to see from the Pack on offense is lots of rollouts by Favre, because it will be difficult for our interior linemen to secure the middle and give him room to step up. Plus, Favre is in better shape this year and has always thrown well while rolling out.

Also, I think Ferguson could have a good game. He will be working the slot against inferior DB's, which should be an advantage for him all season.
You are right. Bly is a good player and Rogers had a great season last year but the other guys up front are just not that good. They still lack quality in the secondary. Fernando Bryant is mediocre, Kenoy Kennedy is a hard hitter but got away with a lot of coverage mistakes in Denver because of John Lynch. Boss Bailey is their only decent line backer and he is coming off a serious knee injury. Wali Rainer is just average at best. Earl Holmes led the team in tackles but someone has to even if they are just so so. They needed a shut down corner more than another receiver in the draft. If Harrington sputters they are not going to be very good.

Members online

Latest posts