The new order begins

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice draft and some decent additions to GB's player pool. Now begins the weeding out process and a chance to watch some of the lesser named players try out for GB's team. Specially want to keep an eye on the QB they drafted; have a hunch he'll start outperforming Herr Rodgers. And even though European football isn't that much; apparently GB has a couple of good performers to return from Europe with hopefully some improved skills. Farve is back, so it must be smile time in the Tundra?Anyway, it certainly has quieted all the rants here. Personally am only anxious to see the new players develop and am not greatly concerned about GB's finish this season. If the make the play-offs that would be a major success.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Chibs, how you doing? Didn't realize you were on this forum too. Isn't Trego up near Solon Springs? My sister and her husband live in Solon. He's retired from the DNR, but works all summer out west as a fire plane dispatcher. John Kiel is his name.

What's the biggest Musky you've caught? Mine 31 pounds on the Wisconsin River about 2 miles north of downtown Eagle River.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montana...grew up in Eagle River. What lake were you fishing?

My buddy Tony Rizzo Jr. is the son of world reknowned musky fisherman/guide Tony Rizzo Sr. Walk into Sr.'s house and are immediately conronted by 4 muskies weighing between 42 and 46 lbs.

Held the state record on several occasions if my fading memory serves me well.

No patience myself...rather catch crappies and bass and walleyes.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs,
We had a summer home on Pickerel Lake, out Hwy G about 8 miles. I fished that lake and any other water I could get my canoe on. Nand S Twin, Buckatobon, Trout Lake, Eagel Chain. You name it and I was on it in the youth.
Do you know anyone from there named Klessig? My parents bought the land and cottage on Pickerel Lake from Emmett and Carolyn Klessig when I was in 4th grade. Spent every summer there palin' around with Bobby, Larry and Patti Klessing. Larry is still up in town somewhere. Larry's boy Matt and his family live behind our old home in Emmett and Carolyn old house. There are several Klessing boys living up there still. My mother sold the place two years ago and we haven't been back up there since.
Gotta get back sometime.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a good feeling about Ingle Martin, he seems a little raw, but his technique also seems polished.

It will be an interesting battle, Martin vs. Rodgers.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I have a good feeling about Ingle Martin, he seems a little raw, but his technique also seems polished.

This really won't be a battle. Rodgers has been in GB all offseason working as if he would be the starter. That means working on his technique, studying film and learning the new offense.

Rodgers also had all of last season to watch and learn from Brett. I know that Favre had a tough year with many mistakes, but you usually learn more from mistakes.

Rodgers has a solid jump start on Martin and will be the #2 guy this year. He's a very accurate passer who makes save, good decisions. Those traits fit perfectly with the short passing game of the WCO.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers also had all of last season to watch and learn from Brett. I know that Favre had a tough year with many mistakes, but you usually learn more from mistakes.

...many mistakes cause he didn't have a damn TEAM around him....

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Martin was the QB for Furman last year in the I-AA championship game against App State ( which I watched and found it to be a very good game ). I follow ASU because it's in NC and they have a damn good wrestling team and aren't afraid to play 1-A NCAA teams in football. Lot of my friends kids go to school there in Boone, awesome little mountain town. Anyhoo, here's a column that might be of interest on two fronts.
http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article= ... omPage=137
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Martin was the QB for Furman last year in the I-AA championship game against App State ( which I watched and found it to be a very good game ). I follow ASU because it's in NC and they have a damn good wrestling team and aren't afraid to play 1-A NCAA teams in football. Lot of my friends kids go to school there in Boone, awesome little mountain town. Anyhoo, here's a column that might be of interest on two fronts.
http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article= ... omPage=137
Hammer

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:
Hey Chibs, how you doing? Didn't realize you were on this forum too. Isn't Trego up near Solon Springs? My sister and her husband live in Solon. He's retired from the DNR, but works all summer out west as a fire plane dispatcher. John Kiel is his name.

What's the biggest Musky you've caught? Mine 31 pounds on the Wisconsin River about 2 miles north of downtown Eagle River.

Trego south of Solon Springs about 25 miles still on HWY 53.
You got me beat Bob; my largest was 44", released . Guess the weight about 22 lbs. Usually fish the Big Chip. Ever out this way let me know and we'll give it a big try. Got all the gear, but always on the lookout for someone to go with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts