The Lions so far

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions fan here, i come in peace.

I dont think the vikings will do as bad as people think.

Personally I think the vikings are going to give us the hardest time in the division. Our run block BLOWS, and any real running threat pretty much negates our great pass rush.

I also believe that they have a much easier schedule, from a technicality standpoint. Such as, Oakland and Denver at home, and the fact that they get a easy game with the panthers away, instead of at home. These type of things matter with teams like det. and min. not so much for a team like yours. Even playing the chargers away in the beginning of the season as opposed to us playing em home late is an advantage considering chargers are usually slow starters.

Packers 12-4
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 8-8
Chicago 6-10

On a side note, enjoy the easy top spot for at MOST 2 years. Once we build the Oline and solid run game it wont be so easy. 2014 is our TRUE breakout season. Even until then, teams will have to earn their wins.

Welcome to the forum man!

People, shh, don't scare the Lions fan! Joking aside, Lions fans just don't come here! We have some great (can you believe it?) Vikings and Bears fan that post in here regularly, but Lions fans are pretty rare.

It would be nice to know their point of view of things. Specially now that you guys have the competent front office and team to be relevant.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think the Lions are like alot of teams in the NFL right now. They have alot of talent at certain positions and lack some in others. They certainly do not have alot of depth. If they had shored up their O-line I think they would have been more dangerous.
If any team can be lucky enough to not lose alot of playing time from their starters many teams can make a late season push. But the Packers are so deep and so well coached that the losses of starters were more hiccups than falls last year.
Indy and New Orleans are good teams but with their injuries they had a tough year last year.
Unless lady luck smiles on them, injuries could really hamper Detroits season. A few more drafts like they've had and they will start to reinforce some of those backup roles.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't teach playing under pressure. That takes experience. Something Stafford doesn't have. Preseason is pressure free. Playing GB is the exact opposite.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think tonight's game showed what I meant. I know it was preseason, but KC played many of their starters against our backups and players who will be released or sent to the PS. You have to admit, it might have been ugly, but our backups are pretty solid football players.
I don't think many football teams are close to the depth the Packers enjoy, certainly not Detroit.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think tonight's game showed what I meant. I know it was preseason, but KC played many of their starters against our backups and players who will be released or sent to the PS. You have to admit, it might have been ugly, but our backups are pretty solid football players.
I don't think many football teams are close to the depth the Packers enjoy, certainly not Detroit.

Pat on the back for that, I noticed it too

But also 2 options for K.C.

A. They did not take preseason seriously

B. They won't be as good as last year

I think I'll go with B cause they tried against us lol

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum, LionsFan. I have more faith in your team than you do. I think the Vikings are a shell of a team with no real substance. The Bears are just a bunch of bumbling, fumbling clowns.
P

Bumbling stumbling clowns that's defense was good enough to win the division unfortunately.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well brothers and sisters they went 4-0

So we know what that means...

I don't expect more than 9 wins this year. Going undefeated in preseason is the KISS OF DEATH to your season.

Members online

Latest posts