The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

I would have guessed Bennett or Levens. Maybe one of our forum historians has the right answer.

Already posted it above. Since 1993 Green and Levens are the longest tenured running backs with the Packers at eight seasons.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Already posted it above. Since 1993 Green and Levens are the longest tenured running backs with the Packers at eight seasons.
Sorry about that. I don't take the time to read all of your stuff.

I was figuring about 6 years. Didn't realize. Green was here that long.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You should, there's some interesting stuff hidden in the nonsense I mostly post ;)
Agree wholeheartedly. When the world moves to a 25 hour time clock, that's probably one of the ways I'll burn that extra hour. :)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It shows you what little I know. I picked on Love for tossing the ball out of bounds towards Adam’s on what could’ve been a TD there. Looking at that film he’s being assaulted by a free runner right through the B Gap and barely a chip shot on the DE on C gap. So both coming free made him throw .5 sec early.

Looking at the film the chiefs were single high and that man was in no position to make a play...Love needs to throw that ball to the inside

Thats about as easy as it gets in the nfl against an all out biltz...and im not saying it was easy but its a play the really good ones take advantage of nearly everytime

Reaction score
Looking at the film the chiefs were single high and that man was in no position to make a play...Love needs to throw that ball to the inside

Thats about as easy as it gets in the nfl against an all out biltz...and im not saying it was easy but its a play the really good ones take advantage of nearly everytime
Maybe. He has one second to throw that ball. I’d argue with that minimal time, It’s a play that only a handful of starting QB’s make. I’d say even far less with a “first start”backup QB.
Now, If it’s 4th down? then I’d argue to keep the ball in play and let Davante jump ball it. I hate when a QB throws it deep and out of bounds when it’s essentially a punt with a 50/50 chance of getting the ball back.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So do we have ourselves a bona fide QB controversy???

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...the only controversy is how to get Love not to have happy feet and learn and become comfortable with his reads and the offensive scheme.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe. He has one second to throw that ball. I’d argue with that minimal time, It’s a play that only a handful of starting QB’s make. I’d say even far less with a “first start”backup QB.
Now, If it’s 4th down? then I’d argue to keep the ball in play and let Davante jump ball it. I hate when a QB throws it deep and out of bounds when it’s essentially a punt with a 50/50 chance of getting the ball back.

If you watch the all 22 you can see that the single high safety commits to the opposite side of the field early and Adams had beaten the db to the inside off the snap...I get Im being overly tough but the question is...is Love one of that handful of qbs

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Love get a lot of snaps against the Rams. He's not going to get better holding a clipboard and Rodgers' toe could benefit from the rest. The risk for the Packers of keeping Love as the future starting qb or mistakenly getting rid of him goes down as his sample size increases. That decision would be based upon less speculation.

Reaction score
If you watch the all 22 you can see that the single high safety commits to the opposite side of the field early and Adams had beaten the db to the inside off the snap...I get Im being overly tough but the question is...is Love one of that handful of qbs
Too early to tell or not enough info.
I do think after watching Dallas play KC that the KC Defense has been playing much better as of late. Including the game against Love.
I think if Love practiced with 1st team weekly and we were 6+ games into the season? He has the propensity to make some amazing throws. I’m not sure that any starting QB is successful dealing with that much pressure on that play. There was a guy untouched running full tilt to hurt him.
That exact throw in particular? would’ve maybe been made by 2-3 QB’s out of 32 in a given week, best case a very low completion rate across the league there. I was wrong when I said he should kept it in bounds, upon review Love is fortunate to not take a sack.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would love to see Love get a lot of snaps against the Rams. He's not going to get better holding a clipboard and Rodgers' toe could benefit from the rest. The risk for the Packers of keeping Love as the future starting qb or mistakenly getting rid of him goes down as his sample size increases. That decision would be based upon less speculation.

There's absolutely no reason to play Love against the Rams as Rodgers gives the team by far the best chance of winning it. He will have the bye week to rest his injured toe.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to play Love against the Rams as Rodgers gives the team by far the best chance of winning it. He will have the bye week to rest his injured toe.
With 3 starters missing on the o line, playing Rodgers with limited mobility is a recipe for a season ending injury against the Rams tough D line. Avoiding any more injuries is much more important than winning this game. All the Packers need is 2 more wins and they will be in the playoffs. Seeding isn't important because the Packers aren't a good home playoff team having lost 6 out of the last 13 playoff games in Lambeau. Time for Love to get back in there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there something in the water? I’ve never seen so many people suggest multiple times in a year for GB to just toss the game before they start.

How do you sharpen steel? By letting it lay with butter? So we have 3 oline men down. It’s how we have to play. They aren’t coming back next week either.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green actually came back briefly to the Packers after departing for Houston for a few seasons. Now Levens got his big opportunity in 1997 to be the star of the show when Edgar Bennett went down on the first series of plays in the first preseason game against Miami. Would have been interesting to see Dorsey and him together as a one two punch like we did in 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts