The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You angry with Gutekunst and his scouts?
Should they all be fired?

Just curious. How do you feel about the Savage draft pick (a true miss imo)?

Because I think he made an awful pick, and history has basically shown it was, doesn't mean I think ALL his picks were awful. He's been pretty good overall. The Savage pick looked good after two seasons but last season, and thus far this season, it's looked like it's been a bust.

Reaction score
Do you honestly believe the Packers wouldn't have been able to find another backup quarterback if they didn't draft Love???
They weren’t looking to groom a backup! Do you really believe that? You think The Packers FO purposely drafted at #26 overall at QB in hopes that Jordan would peak at QB2?? Really?
No wonder you hate Love! :roflmao:You thought he was drafted as a backup. It all makes sense now. (Hand slapped my forehead) @captainWIMM I literally don’t know what to say.
I’m going to have to agree ! #26 is too high for a player we want to stay as our #2 or #3 QB
Such a long post, yet didn't address the question presented to you at all.
No you are correct it absolutely did not, if you scratch the surface.

While it might not sound like it directly, if you follow the entire arguments of his multiple posts, I’m already a step beyond where he was really going destination wise. It would be rude and almost condescending level to think he doesn’t know that any QB’s selected at #26 area or beyond have slim odds of being in his words “AN ABOVE AVERAGE STARTER OR BETTER”.
Some in here act like they expected an above average starter in Jordan’s first live season. Which speaks to me how unrealistic we can be.

However. Just because many more players ultimately fail than succeed at the NFL (to the expectation of top 50% of the league at their position) does not preclude teams for trying. I’ve coined it “QB pipelining”

I would further argue that it’s EXACTLY why they drafted a QB. They already know there’s a good chance that it will take 2-3 tries. Why on earth would a team knowing the probability of a QB being considered highly successful is minimal, but then go on to wait until the last second (or after they did not have a starting QB at all) to start poking around for that franchise type QB?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They weren’t looking to groom a backup! Do you really believe that? You think The Packers FO purposely drafted at #26 overall at QB in hopes that Jordan would peak at QB2?? Really?
No wonder you hate Love! :roflmao:You thought he was drafted as a backup. It all makes sense now. (Hand slapped my forehead) @captainWIMM I literally don’t know what to say.
I’m going to have to agree ! #26 is too high for a player we want to stay as our #2 or #3 QB

No you are correct it absolutely did not, if you scratch the surface.

While it might not sound like it directly, if you follow the entire arguments of his multiple posts, I’m already a step beyond where he was really going destination wise. It would be rude and almost condescending level to think he doesn’t know that any QB’s selected at #26 area or beyond have slim odds of being in his words “AN ABOVE AVERAGE STARTER OR BETTER”.
Some in here act like they expected an above average starter in Jordan’s first live season. Which speaks to me how unrealistic we can be.

However. Just because many more players ultimately fail than succeed at the NFL (to the expectation of top 50% of the league at their position) does not preclude teams for trying. I’ve coined it “QB pipelining”

I would further argue that it’s EXACTLY why they drafted a QB. They already know there’s a good chance that it will take 2-3 tries. Why on earth would a team knowing the probability of a QB being considered highly successful is minimal, but then go on to wait until the last second (or after they did not have a starting QB at all) to start poking around for that franchise type QB?

Its like banging a head on the wall. Isnt it?

We should lock this, but now its getting comical

D

Deleted member 6794

There has already been much discussion about Rodgers and where he was at as a player after the 2019 season so I'm not going to rehash that but I believe that Love was drafted to one day replace Rodgers, not drafted as a backup QB. We still haven't seen enough playing time from Love to know where he is truly at right now.
I think what a lot of this comes down to is how patient are you with draft picks and their development. The Packers are always choosing at the back end of every round in just about every draft so that their ability to acquire top end talent at any position is limited compared to most of the league. I think Packer mgmt is a lot more patient with the development of their players than most of the fan base. But then, what the heck, the fan base is totally unaccountable for what they spew out of their mouths and keyboards.

Well, with rookie contracts running for only four years it might be a decent approach to expect a first round pick to have an impact over that time frame. Unfortunately with Love it seems that won't happen though.

This is my thinking exactly. Savage is and has been performing at a level commensurate with what one might expect from a 3rd -5th round player at that safety position. He was the 20th player chosen in the 2019 draft. I expected much better results than what I've seen.

Despite Savage having struggled last season and at the beginning of this one he has had more much positive impact on the Packers than Love has had so far. Interestingly, most of you consider Savage a missed pick while not applying the same standard to Love for some random reason.

I'm absolutely convinced the Packers' front office believed Love was capable of developing into a decent starter when they selected him at #26.

But, please tell me, which team was he supposed to start for? Do you honestly believe they expected him to beat out Rodgers over the course of his rookie contract? They were aware of the possibility that he wouldn't play a single meaningful snap before his current deal expires. Therefore they made a stupid mistake selecting a player who might end up as nothing more than a backup for the team at any point in his career.

For the umpteenth time, I don't hate Love. I definitely didn't like the selection but first of all that has nothing to do with Love as a player or a person but with it being a waste of a first round pick to have spent it on a quarterback.

While it might not sound like it directly, if you follow the entire arguments of his multiple posts, I’m already a step beyond where he was really going destination wise.

That is probably one of the funniest things I have read in a long time, you believing you're a step ahead of anybody else around the forum.

It would be rude and almost condescending level to think he doesn’t know that any QB’s selected at #26 area or beyond have slim odds of being in his words “AN ABOVE AVERAGE STARTER OR BETTER”.

Nobody expected Love to be an above average starter in his first season. Nobody should have actually expected Love to be a starter at all over his first four seasons. That's why he should have never been drafted by the Packers in the first place.

I would further argue that it’s EXACTLY why they drafted a QB. They already know there’s a good chance that it will take 2-3 tries.

That is probably the most stupid attempt at trying to justify the Packers selection of Love I have seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
That is probably one of the funniest things I have read in a long time, you believing you're a step ahead of anybody else around the forum.

That is probably the most stupid attempt at trying to justify the Packers selection of Love I have seen so far.
Play nice now @captainWIMM It’s getting close to Christmas and Santa is watching who’s naughty or nice:devilish:

PS. You are beginning to remind me of that lead Elf that picks on Hermey the Dentist! Oh crap I guess that makes me Hermey?? No breaks for me!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive warned few times about this ****.

Love is the 2nd string qb. Gute drafted for a reason...Maybe 01% here know why

Even tho your on ignore, I was alerted to how you responded. Im surprised you called someones idea stupid. You should know better.

Im locking this thread.

GJ

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If another love THREAD is created its locked and poster is banned....64 ****ing pages of same ****..get over it.

When people's ideas are called stupid time to lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts