The Hypothetical (yet realistic) World - Mock Draft 1-24-23

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, mainly a few, blasted me for bringing up hypotheticals of a Davante trade before rumors really heated up. I'll dabble back into the waters...what COULD a world of trading Rodgers to Jets look like?

I may be a rare opinion in this but I don't see a haul like some are pretending will occur. YES he is still a starting caliber QB, had he not broke a finger who knows how different this year would have been...however he is still just a year of being a back to back MVP.

That said I think the Jets package COULD look like this:

Jets send us #13 / #114 this year + a 2024 conditional 2nd rounder (could become 1st) + an additional 3rd or early day 3 type pick in a year I could see get thrown in. Essentially though you're talking a 1st and a fourth this year plus a conditional 1st in 2024.

Green Bay sends them our this year 5th (presently 151 estimated) PLUS Aaron Rodgers. With us possible sitting on 5 7th rounders (two more comps) I could see a world where we send one or a few of these back as well - for this exercise we will just ignore any comp 7th rounders in the mock.

Having officially entered the Jordan Love era....what might happen:

#13 - Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa
#15 - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State
#45 - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
#78 - Mike Morris EDGE/DE Michigan
#110 - Emil Ekiyor iOL Alabama
#112 - Ronnie Hickman S Ohio State
5th Round Comp Pick - Clayton Tune QB Houston
#204 - Riley Moss DB Iowa
#211 - Kemari Averett TE Bethune-Cookman
#221 - Tiyon Evans RB Louisville

I know eyerolls ensue the way we grab a defender early...however lets be real. Gary isn't back most likely right away, Enagbare overshot many expectations (not me I loved hiim) but does he show a regression or keep progressing in year two? No one knows. Van Ness instantly has the skillset and physical traits to take snaps IMO from everyone not named Gary/Smith/Enagbare on our roster.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba is a WR I'm trying not to let my distain for OSU hurt seeing him as a prospect. This guy is a lethal WR weapon that is comfortable working out of slot or out wide and imagine a world where we can move him and Watson back and forth with Doubs split wide...you have three should be lethal young guys growing together and building a bond with Love.

Darnell is about as Big Dog comp worthy prospect at TE we've seen of late and pair him with a resigned Tonyan maybe or another low level TE could be very beneficial.

I won't bore you with all the rest narrated but Ekiyor to me instantly allows us to sit Runyan or move Tom to RT as he is a day 1 inside starter IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not eye rolling at that first pick, I’d be a happy man if he was here. Premium player at a premium position, you have to pick guys like that when you have a chance to.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LIKE rounds 2-4. IF we have 2 1s and don't spend 1 on a Safety and 1 on a game changing TE we're wasting picks. 1 of the 4s needs to go for a speed back whether it's Bigsby McIntosh or Charbonnet, unless you think you can get Ibrahim with one of the 7s.

Legit, non-flame question here. Why Tune? I get it's a need...but why THIS guy?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LIKE rounds 2-4. IF we have 2 1s and don't spend 1 on a Safety and 1 on a game changing TE we're wasting picks. 1 of the 4s needs to go for a speed back whether it's Bigsby McIntosh or Charbonnet, unless you think you can get Ibrahim with one of the 7s.

Legit, non-flame question here. Why Tune? I get it's a need...but why THIS guy?

I wrote about Tune HERE https://www.packerforum.com/threads/2023-tynis-prospect-thread.84768/post-983622

Charbonnet is not seeing the fourth round IMO and neither is McIntosh most likely. Chase Brown is a guy I could see drafting if there for fourth round.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The combine is going to be pivotal for Van Ness. Does he have the short area burst to be a premium outside pass rusher? Like Lowry, I think he would get pushed around inside the tackles.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The combine is going to be pivotal for Van Ness. Does he have the short area burst to be a premium outside pass rusher? Like Lowry, I think he would get pushed around inside the tackles.

LVN's biggest "strength" in his game is actually his strength. The dude has been called Hercules or baby Hercules by many around campus, Hawk Central did it a few times. Personally for me I want to see his cone and shuttle times, I want to see that quick agility expressed cuz I don't doubt his strength at all.

I think if he showcases excellent agility and quickness he goes first round without question and may push Top 10. Too many traits to love.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts