The game I'll never forget -

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the 3 Super Bowls and The Ice Bowl -

Is that Monday Night thriller in '83 , when the Pack beat the defending champion Redskins - 48- 47 .

GO PACK :beer:

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a great game ohiopacker. If we thought our defense is bad now, you only need to look back to those mid 80's teams to see one that might have been worse. Poor Lynn ****ey had to feel like he had to score 30+ points a game back then to even have a chance. Irregardless, those teams were fun to watch. Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman, Ellis, and Woodside seemed to always be running wide open and ****ey was a master at hitting receivers in stride. I also remember a fullback, Jessie Clark that could run as fast as most running backs (I think he had a long touchdown run in that game). That game will definitely go down as one of the all time greats in Packer history. Thanks Mark Mosley.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When I think of monday usually I remember that game against the Vikings with Freemans acrobatatic catch to win the game.

I think that was monday night

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freeman's catch

When I think of monday usually I remember that game against the Vikings with Freemans acrobatatic catch to win the game.

I think that was monday night

Your right it was a Monday night game , i remember that one , it was raining and the Viking defender slipped after he and Freeman were battling for the ball - the ball ended up laying on the defenders back as he was laying on his stomach and Freeman picked it off his back made a move on another defender and scored to win the game - awesome .

GO PACK :joy:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My ex-wife and I were lucky enough to be at that Redskins game. What a track meet it was. I was wornout physically and emotionally drained after that one. I will never forget that night.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought ---

How many of us have these games on film?
And, how many of us have the abililty to scan them over to DVD?

I have several friends in the Club who have tons of games on film....
Working up our collections is a damn good idea!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't have that '83 game on VHS (would love to have a copy of it though), but I do have quite a few games on tape from 1993 to present. Just curious. What kind of equipment is needed to transfer the games from VHS to DVD?

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NC,they have a dvd recorder now that records off of vhs.I am going to buy one soon.It will be mainly to put my vhs of the kids when they were young onto dvd,some are 20 years old! Vhs tapes don't last forever.I'm also going to record my packers games!
The game that I really liked was the Packers at the Bears on Holloween in the rain,That was a great game! :joy: :towel:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Here's a thought ---

I have several friends in the Club who have tons of games on film....
Working up our collections is a damn good idea!

I've got the capability and knowhow to get files from .avi .mpeg etc to DVD and DVD burning.

Program I use is DVD Santa and DVD Shrink.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NC,they have a dvd recorder now that records off of vhs.I am going to buy one soon.

Thanks eastcoast. I'll have to get one too.

The game that I really liked was the Packers at the Bears on Holloween in the rain,That was a great game!

I have that one on VHS. If I remember correctly, the Bears had a ceremony at halftime to retire Butkus and Sayers numbers. They sure looked pitifull out there in the pouring rain and their team was getting it's butt whipped. :whippin:

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have seen them as low as $170 and up to 250. When my income tax check comes in,IO'll get one. I have to get Favre's first game on dvd,the one he took over for magic when he got hurt.

Members online

Latest posts